Expand Your SaaS Business With a Customized SEO Strategy
How do you differentiate yourself from others as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business? A good strategy is to work with an SEO agency that can customize every tactic so that your copy reaches the right audience and aligns with the needs of your target market.
A customized SEO process involves the following steps:
- Getting down with the basics
- Curating better SEO-friendly content to beat your competitors
- Maximizing link-building strategies to increase domain authority
- Performing a thorough SEO audit to identify and fix issues
- Using data to refine all the steps
Let us dig deeper into each step below.
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
5 Steps to Customizing—and Winning—Your SaaS SEO Strategy
The most effective SEO plan focuses on its three foundations:
- On-page optimization
- Off-page optimization
- Technical website optimization
However, unless you modify every technique, you will end up with cookie-cutter campaigns that any competitor can easily destroy. Worse, you can get stuck using traditional methods that no longer work.
An efficient marketing firm that knows your niche inside out will craft an actionable SEO plan you can execute fast.
To give you an idea of what a customized campaign looks like, we give you a five-step overview.
1. Define Three Elements to Nail the SEO Plan
A successful optimization strategy should effectively combine three basic elements:
- Target audience
- Marketing goals
Here is a table to help you better understand the relationships among these factors and how to develop each:
|Factor||Importance||How to Develop It|
|Branding||It helps you zero in on your audience and even breaks them down into specific segments. This way, your SEO campaigns, especially content marketing, become highly targeted and personalized.||
Perform a strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities (SWOT) analysis:
- Strengths might include access to current resources or existing markets.
- Weaknesses could include operational inefficiencies or lack of expertise.
- Opportunities for growth might be entering new markets or using emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence.
- Threats are outside forces, such as the competitive atmosphere or economic downturns.
|Target Audience||It defines your marketing objectives. Do you need to raise brand awareness, remarket to dormant prospects and customers, or increase returns with strategies that complement every customer stage?||
Craft a customer or buyer’s persona, a semi-fictional representation of your target market.
- Understand their demographics such as their age, gender, and location.
- Know their motivations, interests, and attitudes.
- Identify the challenges and problems that your products and services can solve.
|Marketing Goals||These support your brand by aligning your message with business values and building a more authentic and lasting connection with your customers.||
Remember SMART. The objectives should be:
2. Write Better SEO-Friendly Content to Beat Your Competitors
Good SaaS SEO means writing content that accomplishes one primary goal: beating your competition by getting the top spot for your chosen keywords.
Here, we reveal some effective tips to help you rank fast while populating your website with blog posts and landing pages:
- Match the keywords with user intent. Keywords usually fall into three categories:
- Informational, which answers questions for users who are looking for solutions to their problems
- Navigational, which directs the visitors who are already on the last stages of the buying process to a specific website or page
- Transactional, which motivates readers to take action, especially if they want to learn more about your SaaS product or service
Many AI content writing tools can already identify the nature of the keyword, so drafting content that aligns with it is easier.
- Check what others have been writing. Then present a unique angle or perspective or offer a new tip. This strategy strengthens your E-E-A-T, which stands for experience, expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness.
- Track how search engines present search results. For example, Google presents answers to queries in this manner: featured snippets, people may ask, videos, and the rest of the organic search results. Based on these:
- Answer the most common question briefly but precisely and strive to include it early in the article.
- Complement your blog posts with visual assets, such as videos and images.
- Create a FAQ section to answer queries under the "People Also Ask" section.
3. Maximize Link-Building Strategies to Increase Domain Authority
Domain authority (DA) is a metric that evaluates how well a website can rank on search engines. It considers various factors, such as the quantity and quality of the links directed to your page. An authoritative domain score can range from 0 to 100, with higher scores indicating better chances of ranking highly for relevant queries.
In other words, a high score means:
- You have optimized your pages well so that they can rank for various keywords.
- Your visibility increases, improving brand awareness and giving you more opportunities to build backlinks.
- A backlink is a vote of confidence, trustworthiness, and relevance.
- Search engines see your content as the best answer to queries, so you rank even higher.
Among the many link-building tactics, one of the most effective is grouping related keywords into major themes or subjects. Follow this concise guide to building topic clusters for starters.
This method works for new SaaS companies in at least two ways:
- You can easily rank for the “low-hanging” keywords or those with low search volume and competition.
- Once they start ranking, you can pass the “link juice” to your other pages. They can then support the growth of your primary pages that use high-search-volume, high-competition keywords.
4. Perform a Thorough SEO Audit to Identify and Fix Issues
You are already halfway through conquering the search results with excellent on-page and off-page optimization strategies. To give them one major push, perform technical SEO, specifically: an SEO audit.
An SEO audit analyzes your website to identify any issues that might prevent or delay its ranking. It also
- Ensures that your website provides the best user experience to encourage your audience to spend more time on your pages or come back often
- Assesses the site’s security risks
- Guarantees that your optimization methods follow the industry’s best practices and search engine guidelines
- Reveals opportunities to make your website more SEO-friendly
Digital Authority Partners (DAP) performs a comprehensive technical audit at different phases of SaaS SEO campaigns.
5. For Consistent Good SEO, Use Data to Refine All the Steps
SEO is always evolving, so you need a resilient SaaS optimization plan. This is where your data comes in.
Information about traffic, page views, click-through rates (CTRs), and conversions helps you in the following manner:
- Measure your success, according to your defined marketing goals. For instance, are you attracting the right audience? Are you ranking on your chosen keywords? Most of all, do the search data corroborate your financial information, such as revenues, profit margin, or cost?
- Analyze page performance, as well as the efficiency of activities. For example, is your content relevant and engaging enough? Does social media engagement translate to better organic rankings?
- Guide you in refining your SEO strategies by showing which ones do not work and which ones need more effort. Data-driven insights let you make adjustments quickly while performing real-time testing.
- Spot trends or patterns that you can capitalize on. This way, you can be one step ahead of your competitors.
Many tools can help you gather and view massive data in real-time. These include Google Analytics 4, which is analytics on steroids. It uses newer technologies, such as machine learning, to predict future trends.
Working with an SEO firm ensures you can understand the data quickly and accurately apply the information and formulate even better optimization strategies.
SaaS SEO is a critical component of digital marketing success. However, it is also intricate and requires commitment, consistency, and customization to see results.
The steps above serve as a checklist to make sure you do not overlook any important optimization techniques. You can further personalize the plan with a reliable online marketing firm. Contact us today for a discovery call or to learn more about our work.
Want to meet with our team?
Book a meeting directly here