7 Injury Law SEO Mistakes and How To Fix Them
If personal injury law firms are to connect with potential clients, they need a solid online presence. Good use of search engine optimization (SEO) will promote their expertise and draw clients looking for experienced legal help.
However, some firms might be less successful. A personal injury SEO agency reveals the seven possible mistakes these firms make and how to fix them.
- Overlooking the value of SEO
- Forgetting good web design
- Targeting incorrect keywords
- Avoiding local SEO
- Lacking mobile optimization
- Not updating business information
- Neglecting Google Business Profile (GBP)
This guide aims to help firms overcome optimization roadblocks. Let’s go!
Are you tired of investing in search engine optimization without seeing any tangible results for your personal injury law firm? We have the solution that will make SEO work effectively for your firm.
Overlooking the Value of SEO
SEO is an effective marketing strategy for law firms because people looking for legal advice or legal help are more likely to use search engines for answers. With SEO, lawyers can quickly and effectively engage people actively looking for their services.
Overlooking the value of SEO misses out on fantastic opportunities to improve site and foot traffic and attract potential leads. Competitors who use SEO are taking the top spots on search engine results pages (SERPs), and those who don't are stuck at the bottom, invisible to users.
While other marketing strategies, such as social media marketing and paid ads, can promote law agencies, SEO can provide long-lasting results for a fraction of the cost.
Forgetting Good Web Design
A well-designed website creates a positive first impression, reflecting professionalism and credibility. It establishes trust and encourages potential clients to engage with the firm. A good web design ensures a positive user experience by making the website easy to navigate, simplifies finding information, and is a pleasure to interact with.
Web design also plays a crucial role in establishing and reinforcing the law firm's brand identity. Consistent use of colors, fonts, and visual elements that align with branding guidelines creates a cohesive and recognizable brand presence online.
Remember these web design techniques to create a good design for law firms.
- Use a clean and organized layout highlighting essential information, such as practice areas, attorney profiles, contact details, and testimonials.
- Maintain a professional brand image by incorporating a logo, color scheme, and typography throughout the website.
- Ensure the website has clear and logical navigation using descriptive labels for menu items and add search functionality.
- Create informative and engaging content. Use concise and clear language and incorporate multimedia elements such as images and videos.
- Optimize the website for mobile devices with responsive design techniques.
- Display trust signals, such as client testimonials, accreditations, associations, privacy policies, and secure connections (HTTPS) to assure visitors that their information is protected.
- Make it easy for visitors to contact the law firm by prominently displaying contact information, including phone numbers, email addresses, and a contact form.
Targeting Incorrect Keywords
Targeting the incorrect keywords can result in ineffective or irrelevant traffic to the website. Using irrelevant keywords can cause visitors who are not interested in the firm's offerings to be erroneously directed to the site. Also, targeting highly competitive keywords dominated by larger law firms or legal directories can make it difficult for smaller companies to rank.
Law firms must follow these techniques to correct the mistake of targeting incorrect keywords.
- Conduct thorough keyword research to identify relevant and effective keywords. Use tools such as Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, or Moz Keyword Explorer to identify relevant keywords with good search volume and competition.
- Consider targeting long-tail keywords. These are more specific and have lower competition. Instead of targeting "personal injury lawyer," consider targeting "personal injury lawyer in San Diego” or "car accident attorney near me."
- Analyze keywords that competitors are targeting and ranking for well. Look for opportunities that your competitors may have overlooked.
- Optimize content accordingly by adding the targeted keywords naturally into your page titles, headings, meta descriptions, and body content.
- Monitor the performance of the targeted keywords using Google Analytics or other SEO platforms. Track keyword rankings, organic traffic, and conversion rates.
Avoiding Local SEO
Avoiding local SEO can be a significant mistake because it can result in missing out on potential clients who are specifically searching for legal services in your area. Law firms primarily serve clients within a specific geographic region. With local SEO, firms attract potential clients actively seeking legal assistance in their vicinity.
Following local SEO strategies puts businesses in Google's local pack. This is a prominent feature in search engine results pages (SERPs) for local queries, with a map and a list of local businesses related to the search query. Law partners can appear in the Local Pack, enhancing visibility and getting more clicks and clients.
Follow these steps to improve local SEO and increase your likelihood of becoming part of the Local Pack.
- Optimize your Google Business Profile (GBP) listing with accurate, complete, and up-to-date relevant information. (More on GBP later.)
- Identify local keywords and phrases potential clients are likely to use and add these keywords naturally into the website content.
- Create location-specific landing pages on the website for each target area. Optimize these pages with local keywords and provide valuable, locally relevant content.
- Ensure that the law firm’s information is consistent across all local directories where your listing appears, as well as citation sites, such as Yelp, Yellow Pages, and legal directories specific to the area.
- Implement local schema markup on the website to provide search engines with structured data about the location, contact information, and other relevant details.
Lacking Mobile Optimization
Neglecting mobile optimization can be a significant mistake for law firms because most internet users access websites through mobile devices. Mobile optimization ensures that the firm's website is user-friendly and provides a positive experience for mobile visitors.
Mobile-optimized websites fit smaller screens, load quickly, and have intuitive navigation. These features make it easier for visitors to find information and engage with the site’s content. To apply mobile optimization, follow these steps:
- Adopt a responsive web design approach so that the website adapts and properly displays on different screen sizes and devices.
- Simplify navigation for mobile users with a clear and concise menu structure and drop-down menus and ensure clickable elements.
- Optimize performance by minimizing file sizes, leveraging browser caching, and optimizing images using tools such as Google PageSpeed Insights.
- Create content with legible fonts, appropriate font sizes, and ample spacing.
- To enhance readability, break up content into sections with headings, subheadings, and bullet points.
- Optimize form fields and buttons for touch interaction, minimize the required fields, and use auto-fill or validation features.
Not Updating Business Information
Not updating business information can lead to outdated or incorrect information being displayed. It can confuse potential clients and harm the company’s reputation. Keeping the law firm's business information up-to-date ensures potential clients can easily find accurate and reliable information about the firm, such as contact details, office addresses, business hours, and practice areas.
Maintaining consistency in business information across all platforms is essential to avoid confusion and maintain a professional image. To update business information and improve online visibility, follow these steps:
- Review the website and ensure that all contact information, including phone numbers, email addresses, and office addresses, is accurate. Update the "Contact" or "About" page and other relevant sections.
- Identify online directories and legal listings such as Yelp, Avvo, FindLaw, and Justia where the firm is listed and ensure that the business information is accurate and consistent.
- Check the company's social media profiles, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram, and update contact details and business information.
- Look at the law firm's email signatures, business cards, letterheads, and other communication channels. Update these materials with current information.
Neglecting GBP is a mistake for law firms because it's a powerful tool for local search visibility, online reputation management, and attracting clients. GBP is closely integrated with Google's search engine, maps, and local search results.
It is also important for online reputation management and ensuring the accuracy of business information. Law firms must prioritize GBP through these strategies.
- Claim and verify GBP listing. Verification typically involves receiving a postcard or phone call with a verification code.
- Complete the profile and provide accurate and up-to-date information, including name, address, phone number (NAP), website URL, business hours, and a brief description of the company’s services.
- Promptly and professionally monitor and respond to reviews. Encourage satisfied clients to leave reviews, as positive reviews can boost online reputation.
- Utilize GBP features. Post regular updates, share relevant news or blog posts, and highlight events or promotions.
- Use the Q&A section to address commonly asked questions.
Avoid these common personal injury law firm mistakes when it comes to SEO. Consider good web design, target the correct keywords, avoid local SEO, and optimize for mobile. Update your law firm's business information, and don't forget to optimize the GBP listing. Follow these strategies to effectively engage with potential clients.
Learn more about SEO and how it can help personal injury law firms. Contact Digital Authority Partners (DAP) for the latest information.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here