Why You Need To Invest in Long-form SEO Content
If you want to show your expertise, provide a comprehensive solution to your audience’s issues, or intimidate your competition, creating long-form search engine optimization (SEO)-friendly content can help.
A reliable SEO agency will recommend long-form SEO content for better engagement and higher ranking. This article discusses how long-form content can
- Drive search traffic
- Provide comprehensive content
- Increase conversion rates
- Improve user experience (UX)
Do you want to find out more about long-form content? Let’s go!
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
Drive Search Traffic
Long-form content is anything that is more than 1000 words long. The maximum length is 7,000 to 10,000 words. This means you can cover more than one or two keywords and key phrases; you can target multiple keywords so your page can rank higher.
Your high rank on search engine results pages (SERPs) gives you a boost in site traffic. For local businesses, this means increased foot traffic to your shop or store. So if you think your site is lagging behind your competitors, create long-form content using several relevant keywords and key phrases to improve your site traffic. Here are some long-form content tips that increase traffic.
- Structure your content well. Use headings and subheadings to improve content readability and scanability. Make paragraphs shorter, and use bullet points to highlight important sections of your content as much as possible. Bold words for better emphasis and use standard fonts like Georgia, Cambria, and Roboto.
- Keep your tone conversational. A conversational style helps keep your readers hooked. Create content like you are conversing with a friend, providing sound advice to make your content relatable and personal. Avoid using slang; keep everything light but maintain professionalism.
- Create an enticing introduction. Your introduction opens up your content and tells the audience that "This is the information you are looking for!" You can start with an anecdote, a short story, or some mind-blowing stats. Remember to add your keyword in your introduction section, subheadings, and conclusion for good content SEO.
- Include visuals. Break down long content with related images or videos. You may add graphs, tables, or infographics to highlight your ideas. Be sure to add a description to help people understand your visual content.
Provide a Comprehensive Content
Would you prefer a page with a concise guide or one with well-researched, comprehensive content? People seek valuable content packed with tips, techniques, strategies, pros, and cons.
For example, if you are considering buying a laptop, you should read up on its specs, features, and performance. You want to compare it with other laptops with the same price range and check reviews. A short description may not be sufficient to make a decision.
With comprehensive content, marketers can help people make better buying decisions. They can guide people toward making sound decisions. Aside from text content, you can try other long-form content. Here are the most common, along with some examples.
- In-depth or how-to guides: A 10-Step Guide to Quitting Smoking
- Case studies: How the Covid-19 Pandemic Changed The Way People Shopped Online
- White papers: Use of Artificial Intelligence in Content Creation
- Ebooks: The Guide to Lose Weight in Your 40s
- Research reports: Relationship Between Long-Term Coffee Consumption and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Comprehensive posts for blogs: A First-Time Mom’s Guide to Breastfeeding
- Checklists: 15 Things to Consider Before Bringing a New Cat at Home
Increase Conversion Rates
Creating long-form content about a subject, like one of your products or services, allows you to explore topics, research new data, and initiate curiosity. All these increase your audience's engagement and the time they spend on your pages, learning about your brand. And the more your audience is familiar with your products or services, the more likely they are to convert.
For example, someone looking for air conditioner maintenance information stumbles upon your long-form content about HVAC cleaning. If it is comprehensive enough — covering everything from regular monthly cleanups to general air conditioning maintenance — and impressively written, this piece can turn a curious visitor into a confident customer.
It takes more than a large number of words to convert a visitor. Your content must also possess the following qualities:
- Create relevant content. Your meta title and description on SERPs tell your audience what they find on your page when they click on the URL. Ensure that what your metadata promised is in your content. For example, "Ten Hardwood Floors Cleaning Tips" leads readers to a page with ten well-researched cleaning strategies.
- Have the latest information. If your content provides statistics or data about your topic, you must ensure that this is the most updated information you can find. Place external links to this information to back this up.
- Backed by sound research. Take time to perform good research. Beware of product recalls new models, outdated strategies, and myths. For example, Colgate-Palmolive has recalled Fabuloso Multi-Purpose Cleaner for possible bacteria risk. If you recommend this cleaning product in your content, you must update your how-to guide or post ASAP.
- Use call-to-action phrases. Calls-to-action (CTAs) must be action phrases that entice readers to act immediately. Follow your natural user flow when placing CTAs. In Western culture, readers go from top to bottom and from left to right when reading, so place CTAs towards the bottom or the right side of your content. Do not force readers to backtrack content for CTA.
Improve User Experience
As we mentioned, people look for valuable content. When they spot helpful and enjoyable content, they are more likely to save, download, bookmark, or share it. If this is marketing content, they are more likely to purchase your products or order your services. In short, long-form content can increase a page's user experience (UX).
Google recognizes sites with high UX and ranks them higher on the SERP. Several factors are considered for an excellent page experience, and this includes using comprehensive, well-crafted, and updated content.
Long-form content is excellent for SEO because it drives search traffic, provides comprehensive content, increases conversion rates, and improves UX. Search engines see your site as an authority in your industry, helping you rank and remain high on SERPs.
Improve your content creation strategies. Partner with the experts; call Digital Authority Partners today.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here