3 Ways SERPs Features Help Speed the Sales Funnel Process
Having your pages featured on search engine results pages (SERPs) improves your visibility and popularity. Whether selling products or offering services, getting a higher rank on SERPs lets you connect with customers, enhancing your sales in the long run.
This article reveals how SERP features promote sales:
- Displays your business in the Local Pack
- Includes your products in shopping results
- Promotes your services using video results
Find out how an SEO agency can help you rank higher on the SERPs. Let’s go!
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
1. Displays Your Business in The Local Pack
A SERP has various features that help businesses reach their target market and guide their customers through the sales process. If you have a local shop, store, or establishment, having your brand featured on Google's Local Pack can dramatically improve visibility, traffic, and sales.
The Local Pack is a set of three related local businesses that show on the top part of SERPs whenever a user searches for products or services offered by local businesses. Local Pack appears on top of organic search results; therefore, your business showing on the Local Pack and higher on organic results significantly improves authority and credibility.
Google chooses which local businesses show up in the Local Pack. It takes information from the Google Business Profile (GBP) directory and not from its indexed websites. The more you complete and update your GBP, the more your business can end up on the Local Pack. Additionally, your company has an excellent chance of appearing in the Local Pack if it’s location is near the person searching.
Updating your GBP information is the best way to optimize for the Local Pack. Here are some strategies to help you start.
- Update your profile frequently. Your business's name, address, and phone (NAP) should be reflected in your profile. This helps customers find your business, especially after an update to the primary information.
- Ask customers for reviews. Include a message in your email, social media, and blog comments asking for reviews. Remember that it’s professional to thank customers, even for negative reviews.
- Add relevant business categories. Thousands of GBO categories exist, which Google frequently updates. One primary category and up to nine secondary or additional categories can be set. If editing or adding categories, verifying your business to GBP again may be required to confirm accurate changes.
- Upload descriptive images. Regularly upload good-quality photos to further promote your business. Include pictures of the storefront, products, services, menu, or facilities to help customers get to know you better.
2. Includes Your Products in Shopping Results
When Google detects that the user wants to buy something, it displays a carousel of different products. These products are available for purchase on various ecommerce websites, including Amazon, Burrow (for home furniture), Larq (for reusable water bottles and pitchers), and Bliss (for skincare products).
Shopping results are a mix of free and paid ads. Therefore, updating your product pages helps your brand stand out from competitors. A complete shopping results profile has a photo of your product, its title, price, store name, and average reviews.
Set up a Google Merchant Center account to get your products posted on shopping results. Optimize the account by:
- Prioritizing your most valuable products. Which of your products have the most impact on sales? Complete product data and ensure no issues can affect how customers view the product details.
- Test which optimization techniques work best. For example, change product images, font color, or font sizes. Try different combinations to find out which drives more sales to your business.
- Find ways to differentiate your listing. Use promotions, customer reviews, product ratings, and inventory ads. These help customers focus on your value propositions, and offer more than the competition.
- Highlight important product attributes in your title. No matter the product being sold, make sure that the title has your brand name, gender, color, size, size type, age group, and other personalization options.
- Add key details. Place details near the title, especially if these are not visible on the product image.
- Use high-resolution images. Products with the highest resolution are clearer and, thus, more likely to capture customers' attention. Never use placeholder images or those that contain promotional logos and messages.
- Be sure to meet customer expectations. Use similar product titles and descriptions on your landing pages to create a seamless customer shopping experience.
- Make sure your ad shows the exact product variant on your landing page. 45% of consumers worldwide use their mobile devices to shop at least once daily. So, skip the part where they must select a variant like color or size on your landing page because this could be difficult to do on a small screen.
3. Promotes Your Services Using Video Results
Consumers use videos to get more information about the products they want. For example, someone interested in purchasing the new Nike KD13 with the Zoom Air unit will likely check out Kevin Durant's games or watch videos from different sellers.
Metadata and structured data about videos contribute to SEO. If your videos have a transcript, Google regards this as a blog post. Optimizing Video results help customers make crucial shopping decisions. These tips can help to build videos that will increase your chances of getting featured on Video results.
- Add a video transcript. Use speech recognition software to add a transcript. You may also ask for the help of a video transcriptionist.
- Improve title and description. Use an SEO-friendly title and video description by adding your primary keywords. Make these engaging, so users click and check out what is being offered.
- Optimize the video thumbnail. The thumbnail is a small image (taken from your video) next to your title. Use a compelling image to entice people. Create a personalized thumbnail and ensure it is related to the title.
- Add timestamps to videos. With videos, customers may jump into key moments. Having timestamps help search engines better understand your video content. Use YouTube's sharing option to add timestamps.
Take advantage of the top SERP features to promote sales. SERP features like the Local Pack, Shopping, and Video results help boost engagement, site and foot traffic, and sales. Guide your customers through the sales process, keep them well informed about your products or services, and you’ll have loyal customers for life.
Do you want to know more about SERP features to boost sales? Call Digital Authority Partners to get started.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here