Using Social Media Ads to Enhance Marketing ROI
These days, social media marketing is vital to running a business. However, marketing takes time and money and some forms, like search engine optimization, may not provide an immediate return on investment (ROI).
You’ll brainstorm for your brand, study social media marketing, and you might hire a social ads agency, among other possible methods. Interacting with your customers is also necessary.
In this article, we’ll talk about
- Different social media formats for marketing
- Tips to enhance your marketing ROI using social media
If you’re ready to master these strategies, then let's begin!
Social Media Formats for Marketing
Social media marketing is a type of digital marketing that uses platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitter. It makes sense to leverage social media at this point, given the 4.62 billion social media users worldwide as of January 2022. That’s 58.4% of the world's population.
Social media is versatile. It lets you use various formats for marketing your products or services. Here are some of those formats and where best to use them.
- Text. Use this format when putting captions to Facebook posts and YouTube uploads. It’s also ideal when publishing your brand’s stories and milestones on LinkedIn.
- Image. Upload infographics on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. Upload posters on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Video. Take advantage of Facebook’s live streaming feature to broadcast launches and other events.Upload teasers on Twitter and TikTok. Of course, don’t miss publishing how-to videos on YouTube.
- Audio. Recorded audio ads are best for podcasts and other audio streaming platforms. Use an audio logo at the beginning of every video. It’s a short, compact sound or music associated with your brand.
- Presentations. Upload a series of photos and put them in one Facebook album or Pinterest pin board. Create slides and post them on LinkedIn Slideshare.
Any of these ad formats are rewarding when used correctly. Just figure out first where your target audience mostly browses and what kind of content they tend to consume.
4 Tips to Enhance Marketing ROI With Social Media Ads
Improving your marketing ROI always starts with setting a budget and deciding your goals. Then, you launch your social media ads, track the results, and analyze them. For great results, try the tips below.
1. Feature Brand Stories in Different Social Media Content Formats
A brand story helps build an emotional bond with your customers. It sends the message about how you began your business and what motivates you to keep going. It also answers why your customers should care about your brand.
You may already know how international brands like Facebook and Apple started. Such stories are inspiring and relatable to many consumers.
Here’s how you can create your own story:
- Remember what drove you to set up your business.
- Write important details like when and where you kicked it off.
- Compile photos from your initial operation.
- Make infographics summarizing your business growth.
A social ads agency can guide you on what else to include and how to present your brand story on social media. They can also assist you in sustaining your story.
Here are some ways to present your brand story:
- Post a photo of your initial operation on Instagram and caption it with your business’s background story.
- On YouTube, Facebook, or Instagram, upload a video detailing your business vision and values.
- Add your business slogan as hashtags.
- Hire a voiceover artist to record an audio ad. You can use this ad on podcasts.
2. Maximize Video Content Format
Videos aren’t just for brand stories. You can use video content to inform, entertain, and sell. Before using this format, familiarize yourself with the best types of videos for specific platforms. Below are examples:
- Pinterest, TikTok, Instagram Reels, and Facebook Reels are ideal for short clips.
- Facebook and YouTube are the best choices for longer videos.
- Twitter is suitable for teasers and short trailers.
- Facebook and Instagram are great for live videos.
- Facebook and YouTube are for streaming video content.
- YouTube is preferable for video series.
3. Make the Most Out of Social Media Marketing Tools
Social media marketing tools simplify the steps of marketing on your online platforms. Each platform has its own set of marketing tools. For example, one of the latest Instagram features is Shoppable Posts, where users simply click through your post to make a purchase. Meanwhile, Facebook's marketing tools allow you to target a specific demographic for your ads.
Here are some tips when using social media marketing tools:
- When launching a new product line, take individual photos and create a carousel post.
- Use short videos and upload them as reels for better product viewing.
- Tell your visitor what to do next, no matter what social media platform you use. On your Facebook page, for instance, tell them to send a message, schedule an appointment, or visit your website.
- When selling crafts, Pinterest is for you. Here, users browse images or pins and are redirected to your Etsy shop or website once they click these pins.
- Pick based on your target market’s demographics. If you’re after Gen Z consumers, explore TikTok’s advertising tools.
These tools also help you get better analytics to monitor your campaign’s performance and make adjustments where needed. If you prefer a more in-depth evaluation, consider hiring an analytics agency.
4. Entice the Audience To Engage
Word-of-mouth marketing remains a superior strategy. After all, customers are more likely to believe their friends than brands. The good news is that you can leverage word of mouth through social media.
Engage your audience with these tips:
- Capitalize on positive reviews. Customers voice their opinions about brands on social media. Feature their reviews of your products on your pages. Doing so helps you boost customer loyalty and brand reputation.
- Hold contests. Reward your page followers by setting up contests and giving out prizes. Games should be simple and easy, so your audience won’t think twice about joining. It could be about giving a caption for a photo or answering a trivia question about your brand. Set clear guidelines to avoid complaints later on.
- Be creative with greetings. Hire a graphic artist to design your posts for holidays and business milestones. If your greetings are catchy, they may go viral and get featured in articles and collections.
All in all, these activities encourage people to keep talking about your brand online. The engagements give you insights into your brand perception.
It’s easy to create a social media business page. It’s even easier to post. But the challenge is driving traffic to your website pages, sustaining engagement, and, most importantly, getting page visitors to convert.
It's important to know what social media platform your prospects use and what format they prefer. The tips we discussed can help you get started, but if you want to stay focused on your core business, partner with a social ads agency.
Digital Authority Partners can help you with your social media marketing and save you time, money, and effort. Call DAP now to get started with your social media ads!
Want to meet with our team?
Book a meeting directly here