Custom Software for the Best Security: Well Worth the Price
In 2022, the average cost of a data breach reached a high of $4.3 million. The cost dramatically increases for companies handling customer personal, financial, and health data.
Avoid these costly fines and negative impacts on your reputation by using custom business software. Customized software is secure and worth the price because it:
- Comes with crash protection.
- Protects as the business grows.
- Provides expert maintenance and support.
- Offers security frameworks and systems.
- Controls software access.
A San Diego software development agency helps you create the best software for your business. Let’s go!
Watch this video to learn how Digital Authority Partners designs software that works for your business!
Comes With Crash Protection
Custom software has impressive features to engage customers and provide customer service. However, the best feature is its crash protection mechanisms that prevent system failures and ensure the availability and integrity of customer and business data.
The software comes with error-handling security features to seamlessly handle unexpected events that could crash the system. With proper error-handling routines, the software can effectively catch and manage errors, prevent crashes, and reduce security vulnerabilities.
Here are more ways that custom software protects businesses from crashes:
- Includes comprehensive audits and input validation checks to ensure that user inputs and external data are appropriately validated to prevent buffer overflows, injection attacks, and other security exploits.
- Provides memory management strategies to prevent crashes caused by memory related issues, including memory leaks, null pointer dereferences, or stack overflows.
- Offers robust testing and quality assurance practices to identify and fix bugs, vulnerabilities, and potential crash scenarios. Developers conduct unit, integration, and security testing to address issues.
- Incorporates backup and recovery mechanisms to protect critical data and ensure continuity during a crash. Regularly backing up data and having recovery processes in place can mitigate the impact of system crashes, preventing data loss and maintaining system integrity.
- Implements robust logging and monitoring capabilities to track system behavior, identify potential crashes or abnormal activities, and provide valuable insights for troubleshooting.
Protects as the Business Grows
Custom software can protect a business as it grows, accommodating its specific needs, especially scalability. As a business expands, its software handles higher user loads, more extensive data, and bigger transaction volumes.
Ensuring scalability through custom software can minimize the risk of performance issues, system crashes, and data corruption due to inadequate software resources.
The following are more ways bespoke software can support scalability:
- Incorporates robust security measures that align with their specific requirements. Custom software has access controls, encryption, authentication mechanisms, etc. to support a business's growing needs.
- Adds integration capabilities to seamlessly connect with existing systems, databases, and third-party applications.
- Adheres to regulatory requirements by incorporating necessary features and controls against legal issues, financial penalties, and reputation damage.
- Includes backup and recovery mechanisms, redundant infrastructure, and failover systems to ensure high availability and minimize downtime.
- Enhances analytics and reporting capabilities to gain valuable insights into operations, customer behavior, and market trends. Through these, custom software enhances protection against financial losses and reputational damage.
Provides Expert Maintenance and Support
Businesses can expect expert maintenance and support to avoid growing security issues. Custom software developers can offer ongoing maintenance and support services and provide timely bug fixes and updates. These ensure that the software continues to function smoothly and efficiently, which is worth the investment.
Providing regular updates also addresses security vulnerabilities and adds new features or improvements. Software developers also perform the following:
- Offer technical support services to assist businesses with software related queries, issues, or user problems through a dedicated support team.
- Analyze the software's performance, identify bottlenecks, and optimize the code or system configuration. These enhance speed, efficiency, and scalability.
- Ensure compatibility with evolving technologies, operating systems, and hardware devices. Software developers ensure seamless integration with other systems, databases, or third-party applications.
- Implement monitoring tools and systems to screen performance, availability, and security.
- Identify and resolve potential issues, ensuring that the software remains stable and reliable through database backups, security audits, and system health checks.
- Conduct user training sessions and documentation to help businesses and employees understand and effectively use the software.
Offers Security Frameworks and Systems
Businesses can trust custom software to provide security frameworks and systems to protect the company’s sensitive data. It has robust access control mechanisms to ensure that only authorized users can access sensitive resources.
These mechanisms include implementing user authentication and granular permission settings. To improve security, custom software can enforce strong password policies, two-factor authentication, and integration with updated sign-in systems.
Here are more security safeguards businesses can expect from custom-built software:
- Employs encryption techniques to protect data at rest and in-transit using robust encryption algorithms. Encryption is also critical for custom mobile applications.
- Considers auditing and logging features to track user activities, system events, and security related events. These can be useful for forensic analysis, monitoring suspicious activities, and detecting potential breaches.
- Integrates intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS) to monitor network traffic, detect malicious activities, and prevent unwanted access.
- Adds vulnerability scanning and patch management mechanisms to identify potential security weaknesses in the system.
- Provides secure data backup and recovery mechanisms and implements scheduled backups, redundant storage systems, and disaster recovery plans.
Controls Software Access
Controlling access to sensitive data ensures that only authorized individuals or entities can interact with the software and its resources. Bespoke software can implement authentication mechanisms such as username and password combinations, biometric authentication, or hardware tokens.
Security is part of software development. This is why businesses need customized software.
Here are more security features to consider:
- Using a role-based access control (RBAC) model that assigns permissions to users based on their roles within an organization to ensure that individuals have the appropriate level of access required for their responsibilities.
- Adapting access control lists (ACLs) that specify permissions for individual users or groups. It defines access rights in detail, allowing administrators to precisely control access.
- Applying two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security by requiring users to verify using SMS codes, email verification, time-based one-time passwords (TOTP), or biometric factors.
- Managing user sessions controls access throughout user interaction with the software. It tracks session identifiers, enforces session timeouts, and implements session termination upon user logout or during inactivity.
- Employing IP filtering to restrict access based on IP addresses or ranges. It limits access to trusted networks or specific locations.
- Using audit logging capabilities to record and monitor user activities such as logins, resource access, and critical operations to track user actions and detect suspicious or unauthorized activities.
Investing in custom-built software is well worth the price compared to the millions of dollars in fines and fees for security breaches and data loss. Having a tailor-made system ensures adequate crash protection, supports scalability, and access to expert maintenance and support.
With its solid security framework and software access control, businesses can safeguard against threats and other vulnerabilities. Ask a San Diego software development agency how customized software can help your business. Call Digital Authority Partners (DAP) today!
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here