The Foundations of Successful B2B SEO
SEO is painstakingly time-consuming. Experts say that it usually takes four months to see the fruits of your SEO strategies, and the wait is worth it. As a result, many B2B companies prefer to work with a B2B SEO agency. With SEO experts handling site optimization, you can ensure the success of your website and your physical shop or store.
Learning about B2B SEO can give you a better understanding of how your website performs online. In addition, considering SEO basics and top practices will help you create more optimized websites with your marketing team.
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
The Pillars of SEO for B2B Companies
A 2021 survey among B2B marketers revealed more than 60% consider search engine optimization and search algorithms as essential marketing strategies in 2021 and 2022. In addition, around half of the respondents agreed that data management and analytics were critical, while 44% considered content marketing the top revenue magnet.
SEO is crucial to the overall success of B2B websites, so more marketers prefer to adapt it as one of their top marketing strategies. And an effective SEO campaign rests on its three pillars.
1. On-Site SEO – Non-Technical Strategies
Non-technical on-page SEO refers to optimization strategies like keyword usage, titles, headings, meta description, and overall site design. Considering these elements will promote a better user experience or UX.
2. On-Site SEO – Technical Strategies
Technical on-site SEO are strategies that involve your site's code. Updating or correcting technical on-page elements can enhance your rank on SERP but is less significant than non-technical on-site SEO. Some of the few on-site components are site speed, mobile-friendliness, structured data, etc.
3. Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO strategies consider elements found outside your website and are beyond your control. Examples are social media, link building, customer reviews, podcasts, etc.
A good SEO strategy is a collaboration of these pillars. Ideally, it would be best to boost each pillar's strength to support your overall SEO campaign.
Top B2B SEO Techniques
Google regularly updates its algorithms to enhance indexing and search. Targeting the right keywords, improving user experience, and correcting technical on-site SEO can help optimize your website and cope with these updates. Here are the latest B2B SEO strategies to consider this year.
1. Formulate Your Buyer Personas
Creating a buyer persona for each client will help you craft better marketing strategies and user experience. This step involves in-depth research and study of your market, competitors, and previous campaigns.
You’ll be creating insights about your different clients like writing a biography. Personas will help you make more intelligent and accurate decisions for your marketing, product development, and sales departments.
- Create different B2B buyer personas to understand your clients better and create more meaningful marketing strategies.
- Consider client demographics, including their age, occupation, company position, and ability to make crucial marketing decisions.
- Understand what your clients want when searching for suppliers and how they interact with them.
- Consider your client's needs, goals, and pain points.
- Find out if your clients are using a particular product, brand, or service.
2. Consider Your B2B Sales Funnel
Outline your B2B sales funnel before keyword research. A search funnel shows the steps on how a lead transforms into a customer, from capturing their attention online to conversion. The B2B sales funnel three main stages: buying, sales, and marketing. You must develop the right strategies to engage your customer in step.
To better understand your sales funnel, consider your analytics, as this gives a clear picture of your customer behavior. For example, analytics can show how your clients find your business, how long it takes to make a purchase, and why they abandon your business.
3. Focus on Various Keyword Strategies
How do your clients find you online? What are the keywords or keyphrases they use? The key to better understanding your client's search online is careful keyword research. Keyword research can help you find the most relevant keywords to help you rank higher on SERPs. There are so many keyword research tools you can use online.
Two of the most popular are Google Analytics and Google Search Console. These are free tools for keyword research and site performance evaluation. And aside from using keyword tools, remember these keyword research strategies.
- Create a seed list. You can use these keywords to grow a list of quality keywords.
- Review your website content, blog posts, newsletters, and social media pages to find the most popular keywords.
- Understand your site rankings using Search Console to determine how potential clients look for you online.
- Consider user or audience intent to describe the reason for the online search.
4. Use an Expandable Content Creation Plan
Use your B2B sales funnel as your blueprint to create valuable and scalable content for your clients found at the different stages of the funnel. For example, you can address clients at the top steps of the sales funnel using optimized landing pages and blogs.
- Develop topic clusters using high-quality, relevant, optimized content.
- Answer your prospects’ questions and present your brand as the solution for their issues.
- Focus on brand awareness and gradually lead to the sale as your clients move deeper into the sales funnel.
- Use different forms of content such as images, infographics, podcasts, tables, and videos.
- Add relevant and engaging calls to action for every content you make for the different stages of the funnel.
- Create keyword-rich landing page content.
- Observe reader-friendly content structure, exciting headlines, and excellent descriptions.
5. Practice Link Building
Link building is like spreading the news of how great your website is through site recommendations. This SEO strategy effectively builds your online reputation and helps you rank higher on SERPs. There are many ways to promote your website content and create links, and the strategy you will use will depend on the website content you wish to promote.
- For direct linking, use statistics and other high authority sites. Rely only on reputable sources.
- For high-quality backlinking, use high-authority websites to promote your content. Some marketers opt to pay for quality backlinks.
- For interlinking or linking your posts to your landing pages, ensure these are appropriate and interrelated to boost content authority and promote organic traffic.
A well-formulated B2B SEO plan can help you connect with your target market, increase your site rankings, and promote your brand. Start your B2B SEO journey with a careful understanding of your audience, where they are in the sales funnel, and the right keywords. These will lead to remarkable long-term marketing success.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here