How to Use Video to Promote Your Website: Beginner’s Guide
Experts are convinced that by the end of 2022, online video content will take up 82% of online traffic, which is fifteen times more than five years ago. By creating attention-grabbing videos, you can improve your search engine ranking and drive more leads.
According to stats, companies increase their conversion ratio by 80% after adding a video to the landing page. If you use videos as marketing tools, you can make your platform more interactive and improve the customer retention ratio. Read on to learn how to use video to promote your website and increase your sales.
To learn how Digital Authority Partners can create a standout website for you, watch this video!
1. Find the Right Video Marketing Idea
Before launching a marketing campaign, think about the products you are selling or the services you provide and how they could be useful to your target audience. It will help you select the best way to promote them.
For instance, you may use the following ideas to create engaging content:
- Tell your clients more about your product. People might get bored seeing professionally edited product photos all the time. If you are selling clothes, post photos of models wearing them. If you provide services or software, create videos that will help your potential customers understand which problem they can solve by ordering your services or using your program.
- Describe how to do something. Share some ideas on how to use your products. You can give your clients a piece of advice to show them that there are many ways to wear your clothes or use your household appliances. It’s important to avoid selling your products in such videos.
- Use testimonials. This is an effective marketing tool for promoting your products and services. Ask your clients or customers to record videos with reviews of your products to generate more interest.
- Use FAQ videos. An FAQ video should be informative and answer your clients’ questions. It’s better to post separate videos for each question instead of trying to address several issues at once.
- Add music. To enhance your clips, you can purchase music tracks from iStockPhoto and other similar platforms. You can also download music from such services as Fugue, Pond, Freesound Library, and AudioJungle. These platforms are perfect for small companies and nonprofits.
You can use several types of plots:
- Record a dialogue with an expert or an influential person from your industry
- Create educational content
- Compare several products; such videos are great for promoting tourist destinations, household appliances, or gadgets
- Create step-by-step tutorials describing how to use your product
- Shoot engaging product reviews
- Record videos of professionals commenting on important events
To create video content, you can use any DSLR camera or smartphone. If you want to shoot more professional footage, it makes sense to invest in a dedicated video camera. Depending on your budget and needs, you may buy such cameras as the Panasonic X1500, Canon PowerShot G7X, GoPro HERO8, and Sony FDRAX700.
2. Keep in Mind the Length of Video
Experts believe that if your audience doesn’t like your content after watching the first 30 seconds, 33% of viewers will stop watching. If it doesn’t become more engaging after one minute, 45% will stop watching it. Since there are so many attention-grabbing videos on various online platforms these days, most people don’t want to watch lengthy videos. This is why your clips should be 3-5 minutes long. In some cases, it’s better to post several short videos than one long clip.
If you are wondering how to promote a website using YouTube, make your video about 10 minutes long. The most-watched videos on this platform are 7-15 minutes long.
To create a video that promotes your product on Facebook feeds, make it up to 90 seconds long. If you want to tell your viewers more about your brand, divide your video into several parts and share them with a 10-minute interval. Alternatively, you can also start a live stream. It can be up to 8 hours long.
You can post up to 1-minute videos on your Instagram feed, however, the most-watched videos on this platform are 30-seconds long. You can also post up to 10-minute-long videos via IGTV. This service allows users to open an inbuilt video player with pause and scrubbing buttons.
If you use Twitter for promoting your content, upload 45-second clips. Such videos will suffice for informing your audience about future releases.
When using LinkedIn, post videos that are no longer than 2 minutes and no shorter than 20 seconds. In addition, you need to select a suitable title that makes it easier for viewers to understand what your video is about.
3. Write Video Titles That Drive Views
If you want to promote a new website using video and ensure that more people will watch your content, it’s important to select an attention-grabbing title. When writing it, use 2-3 keywords that can be used to find it. It’s better to use Google Keyword Tool to select the most suitable keywords.
After coming up with a title, put it in quotes and search for it online. Make sure to put a keyword at the beginning of the title. If you find similar results, don’t forget to edit your title since it should be unique.
When writing a headline, you need to make it informative and eye-catching at the same time. For instance, you may start it with such phrases as “7 ways to” or “How to” if you want to grab the attention of your audience. The length of the title should be about 55-60 characters. It will allow users to see the whole headline when searching for relevant content. However, if the title is too short, users are less likely to click on it.
It’s also important to use traffic-driving words that can drive your audience to purchase. Digital marketing specialists often use such selling words as affordable, amazing, authoritative, convenient, excellent, etc.
Experts advise highlighting only one of your words in the headline before posting your video online. It’s believed that it can greatly improve its visibility. However, make sure not to use this marketing method too often since your target audience may stop reacting to it.
4. Optimize Your Videos for Visibility
When developing your digital marketing strategy, you need to take into account the fact that YouTube videos take up to 70% of the top 100 Google search results. If you want to improve your online visibility, use these tips for optimizing your video content:
- Description: Use target keywords when writing descriptions. For instance, you may use Keywordtool.io or other similar services for selecting suitable keywords, or use Google Ads’ Keyword Planner and Google Trends. You just need to use keywords that describe the key idea of your video. Google will use the first 150 characters as a meta description, so it’s better to make it informative.
- Mention keywords in your video: Brian Dean of Backlinko believes that it’s important to use target keywords when recording your video clip. Thanks to them, YouTube and other online video platforms will understand the main theme of your video.
- Categories: By categorizing your video content, you can help online platforms show them to your target audience.
- Tags: Besides using keywords that help you improve your search engine ranking, you can also add tags. When creating a video about iPhone testing, use such tags as “iPhone,” “smartphones,” “Apple,” or “testing.” Thanks to these, search engines will rank your videos higher than other video content that doesn’t have relevant tags.
To make it easier to find your videos, you can also add subtitles and closed captions. It will help viewers to understand what your videos are about even if they can’t hear the audio or understand the language. For adding subtitles, you can use such services as Jubler, Open Subtitle Editor, Subtitle Workshop, and POP Subtitle Editor.
5. Use Professional Tools to Create Video
If you don’t have extensive experience, you can contact professional video editing services or use free video editing software after watching step-by-step tutorials for beginners. It will allow you to produce engaging video content for your potential buyers.
For example, you may use:
- Adobe Premiere Pro. This advanced software comes with a set of handy features that will be useful for those who need to create social media clips, business presentations, films of different lengths, and other types of content. It features a user-friendly interface and a collection of effective tools that are suitable for editing different types of footage, including 8K videos. Besides, you can use it to automate the process of creating captions using the Speech-to-Text tool.
- Apple iMovie. This program is considered to be one of the best options for Mac users since it comes with an extensive photo-editing and management tool set. You can use it to perform color grading, adjust the speed of your videos, apply green-screen effects as well as add voice-overs and music to your clips.
- Movavi Video Editor Plus. This software has a set of basic tools that allow you to crop your videos, zoom in and out, perform image stabilization to avoid blur, add a slow-motion effect, etc. Using the Magic Enhance feature, you can adjust contrast, saturation, and WB.
- Animaker. This web-based video editor makes it easy to create unique content using a variety of media files. You can add photos, text, and audio to your clips. Besides, it has an inbuilt library that contains over 100 charts, 1000+ icons, and 3000+ maps that will help you create engaging animations. You can further enhance your videos by adding voice-overs. This software also features a text-to-speech converter.
- VideoProc. This is a full-fledged video editing software that was developed for those who need to enhance 4K footage. You can use the available tools to trim your videos, merge them, and enhance your clips. In addition, it allows you to optimize their size before posting them on YouTube and converting videos to another format.
6. Make Sure Your Video Gets Found
Now when you know how to use video to promote a website, you need to select suitable channels for posting your content. After creating and enhancing your clip, make sure to upload it on popular video-sharing platforms, like YouTube or Vimeo. You can get more views if you post it on such social media services such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Many users also use such popular platforms as Tumblr, Yelp, Reddit, TripAdvisor, Dailymotion, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Medium, etc.
In addition, some companies broadcast new releases on Facebook and Periscope, which makes it easier to inform clients about new products.
By creating engaging video content, you can reach out to your target audience and drive your potential buyers to purchase your product. This is why all sorts of brands could benefit from using videos during their marketing campaigns. However, it’s important to think through your strategy before creating a video recording.
Select the channels that you are going to use and create attention-grabbing videos. Make sure to learn more about your target audience and its preferences. You need to create a video that will meet the needs of your target audience and make your potential clients want to purchase your products.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here