3 Ideas for Engaging Patients With Healthcare Content Marketing
Healthcare marketing is a complicated field. You must be careful with your messaging, because you're talking about people's well-being. And you also have to contend with a lot of regulations. It can be tough to stand out in such a crowded and regulated field.
But if you want to succeed in healthcare marketing, you need to find ways to engage your audience. One of the most effective ways to engage them is through content marketing, specifically focusing on tactics such as healthcare e-mail marketing or creating quality blog content. Not sure how to do this with your specific patient base? We've got you covered.
In this article, we'll give you four ideas for engaging healthcare patients with appealing content marketing. Let's begin!
What Is Healthcare Content Marketing?
Before we dive into our ideas, let's quickly review what healthcare content marketing is. In short, it's creating and distributing content that's relevant to your target audience with the goal of engaging them and eventually converting them into patients or customers.
This content marketing can take many forms, such as blog posts, infographics, e-books, videos, or even just quality images. Anything that's valuable and relevant to your target audience can be considered healthcare content marketing.
Note that this is different from advertising, which is paid content that's specifically designed to promote a product or service. Healthcare content marketing is more about providing value and building relationships with potential patients. For example, you might write a blog post about a common health concern that your target audience has. This post would be designed to educate and inform, not to directly promote your services.
What Kind of Content Should You Create for Healthcare Content Marketing?
Now that we've reviewed what healthcare content marketing is, let's talk about the types of content you can create. As we mentioned before, many different types of content can be effective for healthcare content marketing. In general, some of the most popular types include:
- Blog posts: Blog posts provide value to your target audience. You can write about common health concerns, answer frequently asked questions, or even just share your expert opinion on current trends in the healthcare industry. Just make sure that your blog posts are well-researched and well-written, so they stand out from the competition.
- Videos: Videos are a great way to engage potential patients who prefer visual content. You can use videos to show off your facilities, introduce your staff, or answer common questions that patients have. If you're not sure where to start, consider investing in a quality video camera and some basic editing software. You can also hire a professional video production company to help you create high-quality videos.
- Infographics: Infographics are another great way to engage potential patients with visual content. They're especially effective for complex topics or data-heavy subjects, because they make complex information more digestible and easier to understand. Consider hiring a professional graphic designer or using a template from a site like Canva.
- E-books: Finally, e-books can help you position yourself as an expert in your field. You can use them to share your knowledge on a specific topic, provide valuable tips and advice, or just share your story.
Healthcare Marketing Tips To Get Started
Now that we've gone over some of the different types of content you can create, let's talk about how to get started with healthcare content marketing. Here are four tips to help you get started:
1. Understand What Your Audience Needs
The first step to creating effective healthcare content is understanding what your target audience needs. Take some time to research your potential patients and understand their pain points. What are their common health concerns? What questions do they have about your services? Once you understand what they need, you can start creating content that addresses those needs.
To get started, try conducting a survey or conducting interviews with current or potential patients. This will give you valuable insights into what they're looking for and how you can best serve them.
2. Create Content That Is Easy to Share
The next step is to create content that is easy to share. Remember, one of the goals of healthcare content marketing is to reach as many potential patients as possible. To do this, you must create content that people will actually want to share.
To make your content more shareable, be sure to include social sharing buttons on each piece of content. Because more and more people are consuming content on their smartphones and tablets, you should also make sure that your content is mobile-friendly.
3. Keep Up-to-Date With Industry News
When you're creating healthcare content, it's important to be fully current with industry news. This helps you create timely and relevant content that your audience will appreciate. Following industry publications and blogs, subscribing to newsletters, and attending conferences and trade shows all help you remain fully informed and timely about your industry. Writing for your audience about the most recent news articles related to healthcare also demonstrates your expertise.
4. Use Images and Videos With Your Content
Last but not least, be sure to include images and videos with your content. As we mentioned before, visual content is extremely effective at engaging potential patients. Using visual content will make all of your content more visually appealing, easy to consume, and more engaging.
When selecting images and videos, choose ones that are high-quality and relevant to your content. You should also consider using infographics and other types of visual content to break up large blocks of text and make your content more readable.
Summing It Up
When it comes to healthcare content marketing, it's important to understand what your audience needs and create content that is easy to share. You should also keep up to date with industry news and use images and videos to make your content more visually appealing. By following these tips, you'll be well on your way to creating content that will help you engage potential patients and grow your healthcare practice.
At Digital Authority Partners, we understand the importance of creating content that resonates with your audience. Our team of experienced healthcare marketing experts can help you create a content strategy that will help you achieve your goals. Contact us today to learn more.