The Big List of the Best SEO Blog Post Ideas
Inspiration is a precious commodity in content creation jobs. That is why keyword research is an essential service that an SEO agency provides. Even without keywords, worthwhile blog concepts are plentiful if you know where to look. But keyword research still helps a lot.
This list contains 20 great blog ideas grouped into three categories:
- Write about products and services
- Give people advice and guidance
- Share your expertise and answers
There’s a lot to discuss, so get ready to take notes.
Want to learn more about how Digital Authority Partners approaches SEO? Watch the video below!
1. Write About Products and Services
The best SEO writing tip is to choose topics your target market cares about. Product reviews and similar articles provide users with immense value because they carry crucial information that directly impacts decision-making.
- Reviews: Giving an impartial product or service assessment is an excellent foundation for blogging. It is all about balancing detail and accessibility for your audience.
- Lists: General lists are popular because they give people ideas for what to do or where to go. Ranked lists step this up by compiling options and arranging them based on a specific metric. For instance, price and quality are popular qualifiers for these posts.
- Comparisons: Value and utility are sometimes hard to determine for the layperson. When competing brands release similar products, comparison posts help people decide which one suits their needs better.
- Roundups: Usually, at certain points of the year, such as the end of the quarter, the number of new products overwhelms consumers. Compiling standouts in a roundup post allows you to reiterate or revise previous comments.
- Highlights: Manufacturers always work hard to create unique and exclusive product features. Why not write about one that you find particularly useful or innovative? Articles about obscure facts make great content, after all.
- Myths Debunked: Not all product reviews are genuine, and experiences are subjective. Moreover, inaccuracies are bound to come up now and then. Use this as a prompt to get the correct information to your audience.
2. Give People Advice and Guidance
The internet gives you a world of information at your fingertips. Some people want to improve themselves by learning new skills. Sharing skills and information like this in a blog post is an excellent means of establishing yourself as a knowledgeable and authoritative figure.
- Beginner Guide: Complex topics require a lot of effort to understand, heightening the need for beginner-friendly content. You can even break down subject matter too large to fit in one article into a series of blog posts.
- Topic Clusters: Topic clusters are an excellent approach to SEO strategies. By creating a pillar page and building content around a central topic, you slowly build your domain authority (DA) while populating your website with rich content.
- Tutorials: Instructional content is popular, whether written or visual, because it provides much educational value. Do-it-yourself projects are a great way to get started here.
- Common Mistakes: Teaching someone the right way to do something is not always enough. Sometimes, you need to tell them what they should not do to reinforce the lesson. You could do both in one blog post, but separate articles work better for SEO.
- Niche Content: Content creators sometimes fail to address uncommon problems in their posts. This is a prime opportunity to serve a niche the community has yet to recognize.
- Trends: Industry trends reveal much about the market and society, which is a fascinating subject. Sharing your views on current and emerging trends helps your audience understand what is happening around them.
- Industry News: Keeping up with new developments is critical to success. Being a reliable news source is a powerful niche you can carve for yourself. However, you should clearly distinguish between speculation and gossip in your blog.
3. Share Your Expertise and Answers
Establishing expertise, authority, and trustworthiness (E-A-T) is one facet of the best search engine optimization (SEO) practices. Get the most out of your blog posts by using them to score high on E-A-T. Here are five types of posts you can use for that purpose.
- Case Study: Use your blog to position yourself as the go-to expert. Doing a deep dive into prominent personalities, companies, or organizations is a fantastic blog topic because it shows how much you know about your industry.
- User Inputs: Apart from questions, your audience is a valuable source of inspiration for unique blog ideas. Community suggestions come in through different channels, such as your comments section or social media.
- Ultimate Guide: Finding what you need is hard when the information is in different places. Create an ultimate guide by collecting scattered information and putting it in one convenient place for people.
- Cheatsheet: This type of content functions like an ultimate guide, except that it provides only essential information. The priority here is convenience. Your readers must be able to find what they need and use it immediately.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Your audience is bound to encounter similar problems repeatedly. Find out what these issues are and write a blog post teaching people the best or fastest solutions.
- Ask Me Anything (AMA): Your audience is full of curious people with rich questions that make for good content. For example, they might want further clarification on a previous topic. Either way, opening yourself to questions leads to exciting blog ideas.
- Expert Advice: Not everyone has the luxury of extensive practical knowledge, so expert advice is valuable to the everyday person. It works similarly to AMAs in that your audience gets to ask questions from leaders and experts in the industry.
Blogging is full of possibilities. However, writer’s block is a major issue that can grind everything to a halt. Ideas for blogs get exhausted quickly, leaving you in a rut.
When that happens, it is time to diversify your sources of inspiration. For example, topic clusters make it easy to generate multiple content ideas that double as an internal linking strategy. Talking about products, services, and other facets of your industry positions you as an authority.
Need help expanding your business blog? Contact us to learn more about how we can help.
Want to meet with our team?
Book a meeting directly here