3 Proven Methods To Boost SEO for Drug Rehab
When people seek drug rehab help, they often rely on the web for answers. Your website must offer current and helpful information. You can do this with drug rehab SEO.
This guide focuses on three proven strategies to promote SEO for drug rehab centers.
- Using long-tail keywords
- Promoting content with infographics
- Developing content for patients’ families
We will also touch on the top benefits of using SEO.
3 Top Drug and Alcohol Addiction SEO Strategies
About 33% of SEO experts polled around the world said on-page elements like meta-titles and meta-descriptions are the most important ranking factors. One quarter mentioned the depth and accuracy of the content as crucial to higher rankings.
These results show how marketers value SEO and why you must include it in your healthcare marketing campaigns. Take note of the following strategies to optimize your drug rehab site:
1. Take Advantage of Long-Tail Keywords
Broad keywords such as "drug rehab" or "addiction treatment" are competitive but are searched by people who are mostly not part of your target audience. This is why using long-tail keywords is preferred for better targeting.
Long-tail keywords are specific keyword phrases that people use in their search queries. It is especially ideal for voice searches, where people typically use conversational language.
If you specialize in outpatient drug rehab care, an example of a long-tail keyword could be "outpatient drug addiction treatment center." People searching for exactly what you offer easily find you with this specific keyword phrase.
Also, including your location in your keyword phrase, like "drug rehab in San Diego," is another way to find potential clients in a specific locale. It is also far easier to rank for this long-tail keyword. Base your long-tail keywords on your treatments or services or on the specific abuse substances (e.g., alcohol, methamphetamine, marijuana, or barbiturates) that you focus on.
Here are some tips for using long-tail keywords.
- Ensure your keywords match your user's intent. Research your customers and understand their buying behavior and search intent.
- Use long-tail keywords naturally in your content. These don’t have to be the exact terms professionals might use.
- Take note of the language your audience will use as they search. This will better engage your users.
- Integrate your keywords in your title and headings. Proper keyword placement will improve search engine indexing.
- Hire a substance use rehabilitation SEO partner. These companies offer professional SEO services such as keyword research, content creation, and website optimization.
2. Promote Content Using Infographics
Some topics such as the effects of drugs on the body or the steps of your treatment program, may be too complex for ordinary people. Use infographics to present such topics to make them appealing and easy to understand.
As an extra perk for your trouble, infographics help your site generate links. People are likely to share or link back to interesting and visually appealing infographics about drug rehab treatments. This natural link-building strategy promotes your rehab center's online reputation and ranks your website higher in the SERPs.
Here are a few tips to optimize your infographics.
- Add your primary keywords. Place these in the infographic description and also in the body.
- Create longer posts. Optimize your infographic page with longer content, at least 1,000 words, and use your primary keywords in the introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Make sure your social sharing buttons are visible. This will help your audience share your infographic and increase traffic to your site.
- Add a call to action (CTA). End your infographic page with a strong CTA. You can ask them to download, subscribe to a newsletter, or visit your drug rehab center.
3. Develop Drug Rehab Content for Family Members
Often, the addict's family members actively search for drug rehab information. They want to get help for their partner, spouse, or another family member, so they might plan an intervention. They need resources, experts, and the latest information for a successful intervention activity.
This is why, aside from creating content for people seeking help with addiction, you should also target their loved ones. Topics relevant to families and friends include signs of drug dependency or how to talk to someone about addiction.
Below are some tips to help you create content for family members and friends.
- Research top drug addiction content. Use Google’s related searches field found at the bottom of the SERP. These related keywords could be other topics your audience is looking for.
- Add your contact details. Make it easy for your audience to contact you right away. Include your contact details on your posts, including your hotline number, address, and email.
- Develop easy-to-apply tips. Your content must be easy to read and understand. Use language your audience will easily understand and relate to.
Benefits of Using Drug Rehab SEO
Dealing with drug addiction is a challenge not only for the addict but also for the people around them. Often, searching for information is done in secret. As a drug rehab center, you need to provide quick and easy-to-digest information on a website that is easy to find and access.
SEO makes your website more visible on search engine results pages (SERPs). Below are ways SEO can help you.
1. Enhances Visibility and Boosts Site Ranking
People tend to trust pages with higher rankings. They believe that the first few results have the best answers to their questions or solutions to their issues. With the right keywords, you can optimize your content so your pages will show up when someone uses your keywords. This increases your drug rehab website’s visibility.
2. Promote Page Authority
An optimized website can improve your page authority (PA), a score created by Moz to describe how well a page will rank in SERPs. PA scores are from 1 to 100; a high score means your page can rank higher.
There are many ways to improve your PA score, and one of these is by considering Google's ranking factors. Ranking factors help Google decide the ranking order of relevant results in response to a query. SEO is the foundation of Google's search algorithm; therefore, following SEO tactics improves PA.
3. Create Better Content Quality and User Experience
Whether your visitors are looking for information about your drug rehab services or are searching for careers in drug rehab centers, your optimized content will give them a good heads-up. Your SEO-friendly content is easier for search engines to understand and index. It also serves your clients and prospective clients well, thus leading to a better user experience.
Google remains the undisputed top search engine, with around 3.6 million monthly searches. It’s a must for drug rehab centers to stay updated with the latest Google search algorithms, such as user experience, to maintain their rank in search engine results.
Use long-tail keywords, promote content with infographics, and write content for family and friends to improve the SEO of your drug rehab website. With these top tips, you can create a site that is optimized and interesting to help someone stop using drugs.
Find out how SEO can promote your healthcare business online. Contact Digital Authority Partners today.
Want to meet with our team?
Book a meeting directly here