5 Steps in Writing the Perfect SEO Post
Digital marketers consider optimized content as crucial to achieving online success. Whether you’re hiring an SEO agency or optimizing your website on your own, writing the best SEO post can lure your customers to your business.
With the right content, you can send your message to your audience and promote your products or services. Do you want to learn how to optimize your blog posts and webpage content?
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
1. Start With a Catchy, Search Engine-friendly Title
A 2021 survey among SEO professionals worldwide revealed that 24.6% consider the depth and accuracy of the content as among the most critical factors affecting search engine rankings. About 32.8% said that on-page elements like meta titles and descriptions were essential.
The page title is the first thing that catches your audience's attention. If the title sparks their curiosity, they will likely stay, check out your content, and return.
This step is very important, especially if you're writing about a boring topic like insurance or pest control. You need to create anticipation and a guarantee that you're providing the answer to your visitors' needs.
Therefore, you must take the time to consider the title of your post. In creating optimized content, the title must have the following qualities.
- Include at least 1 to 2 keywords in the first 65 characters. Your primary keywords can help search engines better index and locate your content.
- Add power words to draw more attention to your title. Also known as power phrases, these words will make you stand out from your competitors.
- Use numbers to promote your content. A low number shows how concise your post is, while a higher number makes it look comprehensive.
- Go for the “How To…” content style. It makes your blog valuable as it provides a solution to an issue or problem.
- Don't resort to clickbait titles. This style can negatively affect the user experience, reducing user experience and affecting your rankings.
2. Create a Well-optimized Meta Description
With a well-created, optimized meta description, you can increase the clickthrough rate from your organic search results. A good meta description gives your audience a preview of your content but will keep them longing for more. As such, they’ll click and visit your page.
You must optimize your meta description. It is your chance to convince Google that your page is what users are looking for.
The meta description appears in search results when the searched-for keywords or phrases are found in the description. Thus, consider these strategies to optimize your meta description for on-page SEO.
- Stay within the character limit. Meta descriptions on the desktop are 158 characters long and only 120 characters on mobile devices.
- Create specific and highly-relevant meta descriptions. Use your keywords in your descriptions.
- Never lie to your users. Describe what’s waiting for them on your landing page or web page. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Use an action-oriented writing approach. Include a call to action, guide your audience, emphasize the benefits of your product or service, and keep things concise.
3. Observe Proper Keyword Placement
Aside from using the correct keywords, you should know where to place them in your post. Although keyword placement may seem unimportant, this strategy can help connect potential readers to your content through search engines.
Your keyword strategy matters in creating the best content or post. Investing in thorough keyword research can help you find high-value keywords and words that can rank you higher in SERPs. Research must be continuous to ensure that your content is up to date and follows search engine algorithms.
Here are some tips to help you use your keywords and place them correctly in your post.
- Place keywords in the title, abstract, and content. Using one to two keywords in your title and at least two to three in your abstract would be best.
- Add keywords in the headings. The headings hint at search engines about the structure and content of your post.
- Make your keywords flow naturally in your post. Prefer a conversational writing style so you can connect with your audience better.
- Add your keywords in the first 200 words (introduction) and the final 200 words (conclusion). Doing these will introduce and wrap up your post.
4. Practice Consistency and Accuracy
A well-written post is easy to read and helpful with well-created and consistent content. Consistency is about ensuring that all the information in your post is uniform, just like referring to authors' names, places, dates, initials, and technical terms.
The Scribe writes that credible and accurate content is what readers need in this time of fake news. Writing accurate content will allow you to show your site authority.
When formulating your content, thorough research on the correct names of people, places, dates, technical terms, abbreviations, and other important information is necessary. Consider these strategies to create consistent and accurate content.
- Always check the facts. Even if you have insights and personal expertise about the matter, you must still refer to the facts.
- Use credible sources to back your claims. Sources must end in .org or .gov, as well as studies and actual data.
- Write acronyms correctly and spell these out in the first mention. Doing so clarifies things to your audience who may not be familiar with industry jargon.
5. Develop an Excellent Link-Building Strategy
Building good links improves your rankings on SERPs. Search engines check the quality of inbound links to web pages. The higher the link quality and the more links your site has, the higher your page ranks.
Search engine algorithms are constantly evolving but creating backlinks is still an essential factor. There are many ways to start building links to your website, but natural link building is the best way for long-term viability and visibility in SERPs. Here are a few ways to do it.
- Create high-quality, unique, and engaging content that people will likely want to link.
- Spread the word about your content using social media, blog sites, and networking.
- Ask the help of industry influencers for reviews and mentions. These people can help you promote your content through their large following.
- Ask your colleagues, partners, and people you know to link to your website. It would be best to ask for help from those relevant to your industry or market.
The perfect SEO post is a product of strategic content optimization. Create a search engine-friendly title, improve your abstract, observe proper keyword placement, consider consistency, and build links to optimize your content.
You’re improving user experience (UX) with good quality content. UX is one of the enduring ranking factors that can promote your content for a long time.
Want to meet with our team?
Book a meeting directly here