5 Important PPC Benefits for Fitness Companies Considered
Fitness has been on the rebound after the disastrous waves of lockdown since early 2020. Now that people are getting back into the swing of things, it’s time for fitness companies like yours to start rebuilding.
Many people are undoubtedly returning to old habits, including working out at their local gym, running around their area, and overall being active again. To capture these new potential clients and win back old customers, start considering pay-per-click or PPC for fitness companies.
In this guide, we’ll list several benefits of PPC marketing that you should know:
- Sell Directly to Target Customers
- Work with Clients Who Need You
- Increase Local Brand Awareness
- Get the Most Out of Your Budget
- Understand Your Customers Better
There’s a lot to cover, so get ready to take notes.
1. Sell Directly To Target Customers
PPC for fitness companies is a practical way to target specific demographics, generate quality leads, and successfully convert customers. Whether a business is 100% online or, like yours, offline and in-person, PPC has ways to generate massive ROI.
How does PPC accomplish this? PPC allows you to tailor marketing efforts to search intent and consumer behavior in the following ways:
- Using target keywords that match potential customers’ search behaviors. At the same time, PPC campaigns use negative keywords to limit when and where ads are triggered.
- Collecting and tracking user information on social media. Data gathered from tags, interest groups, posts, etc., allow social media platforms to drive hyper-focused marketing efforts that deliver results.
- Remarketing and retargeting to boost sales. Through ad extensions and cookies, marketers can follow up with leads who showed interest but failed to convert.
2. Work With Clients Who Need You
Fitness is an industry built entirely on many small interconnected parts. Each one is an avenue to bring in new customers and profit. PPC for fitness companies is possible through any of these channels.
There’s no better time to get started with PPC, too. Generation Z, cooped up for over a year and restricted for another, is ready to work out and their fitness club membership rates are soaring in 2022.
Let’s review some common fitness services and how to use them in PPC:
- Gym memberships are perhaps the most common products that fitness companies have. Trials and discounts are wonderful opportunities for PPC marketing. If neither of those is possible, showing up in ‘gyms near me’ searches works just as well.
- Training supplements can be standalone or in partnership with gyms. Through PPC, you reach a wider audience for training supplements. Use display ads to appear on health and wellness blogs, recipe websites, and sports publications, among others.
- Personal trainers offer a lot of support to beginners in fitness, especially ones who have no idea where to start. Hire a personal trainer to give a one-off class centered around your business, product, or service. Create exclusive offers for attendees.
- Sports dietitians provide an invaluable service. Whether it’s gym-goers or regular folks, a healthy diet is a personal concern. Partner with a dietitian to offer free assessments that segue into membership, supplements, or equipment sales.
- Exercise machines aren’t only for infomercials, but you see how they can sell stocks quickly that way. Social media is an effective platform for PPC marketing. Use videos to capitalize on online trends to generate interest in your product.
3. Increase Local Brand Awareness
Have you ever seen gym staff offering free trials and upselling memberships to passersby? What about equipment manufacturers displaying their latest models for people to test?
In both cases, you see exactly how powerful your local presence can be as a marketing tool. A good PPC campaign achieves precisely that. Pair your ad strategy with omnichannel marketing to ensure that local prospects have several contact points with your brand.
More than exposure, remember to build your PPC campaign on ethical practices. In other words, concentrate on authenticity. What this means is:
- Focus on your business; don’t badmouth any of the competition
- Don’t misuse or abuse your or others’ click-throughs on ads
- Create ads that speak accurately and legitimately to your brand
- Use relevant target keywords and negative keywords to refine ads
- Say what you mean in ads and link to the correct pages on your site
4. Get the Most Out of Your Budget
Ad campaigns are effective because nearly all aspects are customizable. PPC for fitness companies is no different. It leaves planning as the bulk of the work on your end.
How do you spend ad money efficiently? Follow these steps:
- Maximize your budget by having a clear goal for your PPC marketing strategy.
- Know which metrics matter. What are your key performance indicators (KPIs)?
- Identify keywords that effectively connect your ads to potential customers.
- Craft captivating ad copy that potential customers won’t be able to resist.
- Be thoughtful in your process. Review and refine your strategy as needed.
5. Understand Your Customers Better
As you run your PPC campaign, you learn more about consumer behavior. That is, you find out which ads and channels are effective. Consequently, you start to understand how your target market thinks.
If you receive a significant number of click-throughs but fail to complete a sale, then something must be keeping your potential customer from committing. Perhaps they forgot and abandoned their cart. Maybe they found a better deal elsewhere.
Either way, you could supplement your findings through research. Whatever is preventing conversion is an opportunity to improve.
For example, it’s clear that returning to exercise after COVID-19 can be challenging. Due to the lasting adverse effects on the body, working out may be more difficult and feel less rewarding. How can your business address this?
PPC can be hard to manage because of the many elements involved, such as keywords, ad copies, targeting, remarketing, and budgeting. However, the benefits are undeniable. Increased brand awareness, cost-efficient marketing, and impressive lead generation are invaluable to growth.
Set your business up for success by starting a PPC ad campaign today. Plenty of tools available online take all the stress out of planning one.
Need help? Contact Digital Authority Partners and work with experts in PPC for fitness companies.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here