7 Best Practices Your PPC Partner Should Follow
Whether your goal is to create more leads or increase sales, pay-per-click (PPC) helps you get it done. PPC helps promote your business and brand quickly, but you must set up your campaign first.
Work with a PPC agency to make sure you are building your campaign with the following best practices:
- Keep updated on Google Ads changes
- Allow conversion tracking
- Create ad structure based on your goals
- Organize ad groups
- Use ad extensions
- Match landing pages with strategies
This article gives you the details of these best practices. Let’s go!
If you want to learn how Digital Authority Partners can increase your PPC effectiveness, watch this video!
1. Stay Updated on Google Ads Changes
Google regularly improves its Ads platform to ensure users have access to more accurate data and can locate issues that can affect their campaigns. Meanwhile, your PPC partner updates your accordingly so your campaigns effectively target your market.
Here’s how ad agencies keep up with some recent Google Ads updates.
- Using Video Action Campaigns (VAC). This feature makes it easier for marketers to plan for ad conversions, reach, views, and impressions depending on their metrics. VAC provides a forecast of your media ad plans depending on your audience, ad budgets, and other factors.
- Building more effective audience strategies. Google Ads is transitioning to a more robust and practical approach to target audiences starting in 2023. This update gives marketers a heads-up on new privacy policies next year.
- Using a new podcast lineup in Google Ads. YouTube is the second most commonly used app to listen to podcasts. This update adds "Podcast" placement, and marketers can get started through the placement targeting page on Google Ads Help Center.
- Helping marketers with new Performance Max features. This feature was launched last year and aimed to improve conversions across all Google ad channels.
2. Allow Conversion Tracking
An experienced PPC company enables Conversion Tracking in your campaign, giving you access to user insights. Conversion Tracking helps you learn what happens after users interact with your ads: whether they sign up for emails, download your free e-book, or purchase your products, etc.
PPC agencies use Conversion Tracking for:
- Making data-driven campaign decisions. They use data gathered from your campaigns to decide on new keywords and ad groups. With data-driven decisions, you can avoid costly mistakes and wasted time on campaigns that could perform better.
- Indicating the success of your ad copy. Conversion tracking shows the health of your ad copies, and it provides data about how your ads performed on mobile.
- Optimizing ad copy and landing page performance. With Conversion Tracking, you have better performing ad copy and landing page content as you use customer data to improve your ad performance.
3. Create Ad Structure According To Your Goals
A good PPC agency develops an effective ad structure by observing goal-setting. They devise a plan with your goals in mind, considering how keywords, ad groups, campaigns, and ads all work together.
Your PPC partner provides structure to your campaigns, making monitoring and management effortless. They use the following strategies to structure your ads according to your goals:
- Define your goals. They perform research about your customer needs and issues. Goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART).
- Utilize Google Tag Manager. A PPC agency uses this tool to add and update tags for easy conversion tracking, remarketing, site analytics, file downloads, page scroll depth, and video ad watch times.
- Find out reasons why your customers do not convert. Your customers may need help understanding your offers or they may not like the price you are asking. Understanding what causes poor conversion, your PPC agency improves ad structure or adjusts goals to match your customer needs.
4. Organize Ad Groups
A PPC agency organizes your ad groups to ensure that you comply with the latest PPC practices. Your campaign needs well-organized ad groups so you can provide suitable ads to the right audience. Well organized ad groups also make it easier to track ad results.
Your PPC partner uses the following best practices to structure your ad groups:
- Follow a similar structure. For each ad group, they create at least three or four ads. They ensure that your ad headlines have one of your keywords.
- Narrow down your ad theme. Your PPC partner selects a theme for each ad group and develops ads for each theme. They also use keywords related to each theme.
- Organize ad groups as needed. They understand that organizing and reorganizing campaigns can improve results, but this requires gradual adjustments. Reshuffling ad groups can be risky and can even lose your data.
5. Use Ad Extensions
A reliable PPC partner knows the power of ad extensions, which help improve ads with additional information regarding your services, products, offers, and business.
Your PPC agency will help you choose from various ad extensions such as call buttons, structured snippets, site links, and price extensions. They make these part of their practical PPC strategies to boost ad engagement and conversions.
Here are the most effective extensions:
- Provide more business information with site link extensions. This kind of extension directs your users to other essential website pages.
- Help your customers see your offers with callout extensions. This is a 25-character snippet of text that describes your valuable offers, services, products, or brand.
- Get phone calls from your ads with a call extension. Place your phone number on your ad for your customers to call you immediately for business.
- Let customers find you with a location extension. This extension displays your address, phone number, and map for brick-and-mortar shops so your customers can locate you ASAP.
6. Match Landing Pages With Strategies
Your ads are just a part of the buyer’s journey. To help you finish this journey, your PPC agency makes sure that your landing pages match the strategies for your campaigns.
The agency ensures that once your audience clicks on your ad, they get directed to a landing page that matches this ad. The agency also ensures your landing page works with your goals and campaign strategy.
Your PPC partner uses the following strategies to improve your landing pages:
- Creates visually-appealing landing pages. They develop highly-optimized, professional landing pages that guarantee conversion. They make concise copies, use visuals, remove distractions, and position ads above the fold.
- Places the same keywords as the ad copy. Doing so makes your ad relevant and improves conversions. They use your keyword on the headline, ad description, landing page, and other elements.
- Places call-to-action correctly. A CTA is on the top of the ad copy, making it easy to find and engage your customers immediately.
- Ensures pages are mobile-friendly. By 2027, search advertising spending will reach $260 billion. You should always pay attention to this strategy when optimizing your landing pages. PPC agencies use the right ad assets to work with mobile and have experts to optimize your site for mobile.
- Shows your company information and logo. Doing so instills trust in your business. Also, your customers can immediately contact you to place an order or take your service.
7. Hire a PPC Agency
The last and most important strategy is to hire a professional PPC partner to help you with your campaigns. They are experts in search ads, display ads, video ads, and social media ads. And no matter your goals, a PPC company can improve brand awareness and convert your leads into customers.
It takes time to find the right PPC partner. You need to check their experience level and skills in handling different campaigns. Plus, you must keep up with the latest Google trends and strategies.
A PPC partner follows these best practices for a successful paid ad strategy. Keep updated on Google Ads changes, allow conversion tracking, and create ad structures based on your goals. A PPC expert organizes ad groups, uses ad extensions, and makes the best landing pages that match your strategies.
With all these in mind, you are on the road to creating better, highly-converting ads. Find out how these best practices apply to your PPC campaigns. Contact Digital Authority Partners today.
Want to meet with our team?
Book a meeting directly here