5 Tips To Set Your Landing Pages for Great SEO
Landing pages help convert site traffic to leads. These pages could be about anything from announcing new products to inviting people to participate in a promotion. Landing pages are crucial to promoting businesses; therefore, you must ensure your pages are optimized for organic search.
An experienced SEO agency can help you create a well-optimized landing page. This guide focuses on the top tips for excellent landing page SEO:
- Using the right keywords
- Observing correct keyword placement
- Including backlinks
- Creating the best content
- Improving page speed
Ready to enhance your landing pages for SEO?
To learn how Digital Authority Partners can create a standout website for you, watch this video!
1. Use The Right Keywords
The most crucial step in optimizing online content is finding and using the right keywords. Your landing page should contain keywords describing your business, products, or services because your audience also uses them to search for businesses like yours. Understanding search intent is important in deciding on the most relevant keywords to rank for.
Finding good keywords starts with thoroughly researching your audience's needs, issues, and pain points. If you are a local car rental service company, your audience could be looking for 24-hour car rental services, car rental rates, car rental requirements, or car models for rent.
Take inspiration from your competitors’ keywords as well. You can use tools like Ahrefs Keyword Explorer or SEMRush to find and understand competitor keywords. Here are more tips for finding the most relevant keywords to optimize your landing pages.
- Use Google Keyword Planner. This free tool helps you research keywords for different campaigns. It enables you to find new keywords related to your business, including estimates of their search metrics.
- Note internal site search results. Another way to find out what your audience wants is by checking your internal search results. Here you find relevant search terms that drive engagement and improve your site's relevance.
- Combine several keywords. This creates a longer phrase that you can use on your title tag. For your roofing services site, combine your main keyword, "roofing service," with "emergency roof repairs" to create a longer key phrase, like "emergency roof repair services."
- Focus on keywords that are relevant to your industry. se Google search suggestions, People Also Ask, and related searches to ensure that your keywords are relevant to your audience and industry.
2. Place Your Keywords Correctly On Your Landing Page
Now that you have a list of the best keywords for your landing page, you may optimize your page by observing the correct keyword placement. Inserting keywords correctly in your landing page content and other on-site elements is vital. This allows Google bots to crawl and index your site and understand what your page is about.
Avoiding keyword stuffing is essential to remember when using your keywords in your landing page content. This is when keywords are excessively used in the content, making it sound unnatural.
Keyword stuffing is a black hat SEO strategy that attempts to manipulate search rankings. This is against Google's spam policies for web searches. You can get your site penalized for keyword stuffing, negatively affecting your ranking on SERPs. Follow these tips to help you correctly place your keywords on your landing pages.
- Add keywords to your content. We recommend placing your keywords in the first 200 words of your content to improve keyword performance.
- Include keywords in your meta title and meta descriptions. This help defines what your page is about for your searchers and also for search engines.
- Place keywords in your headings. Add your keywords and related terms to the heading tag to reduce bounce rates and increase time spent on the page.
- Caption images with your keywords. This describes what the image is to improve ranking on Google Image search.
3. Include Backlinks
Google aims to provide the best answer to every query. It turns to credible, high-authority sources to ensure users have the answers they need. Google finds credible sources in many ways; one of these is through backlinks.
Backlinks are inbound links pointing to your website. When a site uses your content and links to your website, these links add credibility to your content. Getting more backlinks from high-quality sites helps you rank higher on SERPs.
Now, getting backlinks sounds easier than done. You need to develop a good strategy that earns you valuable links. Here are some tips.
- Create linkable content. You can create tools, ultimate guides, infographics, testimonials, listicles, research studies, and product reviews.
- Engage in guest blogging. Connect with relevant websites and offer to write articles in exchange for backlinks.
- Use broken link-building. Look for broken backlinks using a tool like Ahrefs Site Explorer. When you find them, contact the domains to inform them of the broken link and offer to replace these with the new page you created.
- Join forums and groups related to your industry. Offer to create a guest post or forum content and backlink to your site.
- Use Help a Reporter Out (HARO). This connects you to media outlets that need news sources. Respond to help requests and, in return, ask the news site to link to your pages.
4. Create Engaging Content
A roofing contractor has added solar panel installation to their services. They created a landing page that features their installation expertise, highlighting the value of adding solar panels to every home. Their landing page is more than just content. It serves to welcome visitors, educate them about solar power, and hopefully convert them at the end of the page.
Landing pages catch people's attention and focus on what you offer. As long as people see the value of your product or services, they pay attention until they eventually convert. Create engaging content with these strategies.
- Focus on what your customers care about. Going back to our roofing services example, your customers could be looking for affordable services, roofing repair costs, or roofing materials.
- Ensure your headlines are relevant. Your headlines should indicate what your page is about and what your audience finds once they explore your content.
- Use various types of content. Your landing page content becomes more engaging using text, infographics, and videos. Break long paragraphs by inserting related videos or images. Learn the content your audience love using surveys and social media.
- Be authentic and personal. Engage with your audience by sharing original content, and they will be willing to share their ideas and experiences with you.
5. Improve Landing Page Speed
How many times have you experienced searching for something online and clicking the first page on SERP only to find that the page does not work? Either you get a blank screen, or the page takes a long time to load.
Most people cannot wait long for a webpage to load. Typically, at three seconds, if a page still does not show, these people would click the back or exit button and head to the next URL. Thus, boosting your page loading speed improves the user experience. Google rates page experience for the different URLs in your website and use these as ranking signals in Search results. Here are ways to improve landing page speeds to measure up to Google’s page experience signals.
- Optimize images. Compress big image files through online tools like ImageCompressor.com and TinyPNG. Reduce photo dimensions to fit your site design.
- Create a mobile-friendly site. Most people use their mobile devices to access the web. Improve your page speeds in both desktop and mobile versions. A web developer can help you improve your mobile site design, removing code bloat and minifying your site code.
Improve landing page SEO using correct keywords and keyword placement, have a good backlink strategy, and improve landing page speed. Content is still king, so always create engaging content to guide, inform, and convert your visitors.
Your business deserves the best landing pages. Contact Digital Authority Partners to learn more.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here