Will AI Change the Face of SEO for Better or Worse?
Artificial intelligence (AI) has become more efficient and sophisticated, changing search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for the better. With AI, an SEO agency can analyze large amounts of data in the shortest time possible and make quick adjustments to your campaigns.
Let us look at how AI is changing SEO and focus on the following:
- Using AI in keyword research and management
- Creating content with AI
- Promoting better SEO workflows
Are you ready to dive into AI in SEO?
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
Using AI in Keyword Research and Management
Keyword research is a crucial part of an optimized website. You need to start with keyword research before creating content and improving your site's SEO. But with the large volume of keywords, it could be too much for a marketer to handle.
Tools for keyword research use AI to show data and provide matching keywords, related terms, and keyword suggestions. For example, if an electrical contractor business in San Diego has the starting keyword "electrical contractor San Diego," a keyword research tool, using AI, will generate:
- Matching terms for this keyword, like “affordable electrical services San Diego” or “electrical repairs San Diego.” These terms contain words from the starting keyword placed in different orders.
- Related terms like “24-hour electrician near me." These keywords are relevant to the starting keyword even if none of the original terms are present.
- Search suggestions or what Google recommends when a searcher types your primary keyword in a search box. Keywords like "best electrical contractor in San Diego" or "San Diego electrical experts" are great suggestions.
Aside from the previous keyword structures, AI can help find useful keyword research results by putting your keywords into groups based on their search intent and difficulty.
AI expedites keyword research so marketers can concentrate on other critical SEO processes. To learn more about how AI behaves and to improve your online marketing campaigns, read up in these non-fiction books about artificial intelligence.
Creating Content With AI
AI market revenue is forecasted to increase significantly from 119.8 billion USD in 2022 to 165 billion USD in 2023. It is expected to reach 1,591 billion USD by 2030. Thanks to its increasing practical applications. One AI use that is rising in popularity is content creation.
Although Google wants humans to be the ones writing content, AI can help speed up the writing process and improve content quality. For instance, AI writing tools can help you gather information to use in what you write. Then you can clean up your article using grammar checkers, which also use AI technology.
AI can help you in:
- Creating personalized content. AI and machine learning can collect and analyze valuable user information and use it to develop customer profiles which can help you produce customized content with greater appeal to your users.
- Developing new topics and keywords. AI can process data and develop insights quickly. You can get precise data about your target market, from their interests to buying preferences.
- Providing Natural Language Generation (NLG). AI uses NLG to learn customer data and create content based on this information. AI tools can now create product descriptions, news, data reports, and social media posts thanks to NLG.
- Automating minimal content requirements. AI can act as your writing assistant to complete small content requirements such as brief reports, notifications, social media posts and statuses, etc., so you can work on more complex content needs.
Google Search Advocate John Mueller revealed that Google is opposed to the use of AI-powered writing tools. But this should not discourage you from using AI. You can use AI-generated content as inspiration or as a starting point to write an original piece. Avoid publishing what you generate from AI writing tools. Make sure the final draft passes Google’s Search Essential guidelines.
Improving Site Ranking With AI
Businesses benefit so much from SEO, but creating high ranking SEO can be complicated. This is where AI comes in. With AI-powered optimization tools, marketers can automate various aspects of SEO and improve site ranking.
Marketers can focus on the more critical aspects of their online site and business. AI helps analyze data more efficiently and adjust ranking strategies more effectively.
SEO agencies are openly relying on AI and machine learning. SEO could be affected by how often people search on their phones and how AI is used in search. AI will
- Predict SEO rankings. AI helps analyze ranking factors and predict how they affect your ranking in the search engine results pages (SERPs), factors like backlinks, on-page SEO, social signals, user experience (UX), and more. Predictions help in the creation of better SEO strategies, which result in better or higher rankings.
- Analyze search engine algorithms. AI helps you keep up with the continual changes in Google algorithms. It can perform regular site audits to find potential issues so you can update your website ASAP and avoid penalties. Recovering from a penalty is time-consuming and very costly. Applying AI to SEO helps you avoid this.
- Monitor your competition. Various tools help monitor your competition's SEO efforts, but these require a lot of work and time to use. But in the future, SEO tools with AI technology will perform this task. AI can find competitor SEO behavior and analyze the impact of these changes on your site.
- Improve SERP rankings. Ensuring you rank high in SERPs can be daunting and time-consuming. You need to manage SEO strategies and stay ahead of Google algorithms. AI gives SEO agencies and marketers better control over their rankings through automatic website analysis and optimization.
- Provide stable and consistent organic rankings. SEO rankings can quickly change, and thus it can be a challenge to track your progress. But with AI, you can prevent fluctuations and keep a consistent rank on organic searches. AI identifies any issues and alerts marketers to provide the needed fix to avoid ranking drops.
AI is changing the future of SEO for the better because it is capable of deep learning and natural language processing, not to mention analyzing large amounts of data. With AI, SEO processes like keyword research, content creation, competitor research, ranking predictions, and SERP ranking improvement become more manageable and automatic.
It is exciting to think of what AI holds for your SEO endeavors. If you want to know more about SEO and AI, contact Digital Authority Partners today. Let us take your business into the future!
Want to meet with our team?
Book a meeting directly here