Writing Engaging Blog Posts To Boost Your B2B SaaS SEO
Business-to-business (B2B) companies that offer software-as-a-service (SaaS) can use blogs to improve their rankings, traffic, and reach. A well-crafted, engaging, and informative blog can attract potential customers and capture their contact information through lead magnets.
An experienced B2B SEO agency uses blogging to promote SEO. This guide is about writing engaging posts, such as:
- Software how-to guides
- Question and answers
- Interviews with industry experts
- Example posts
- Event highlight post
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
Assist New Users With Software How-to Guide Posts
Create engaging and valuable blogs by posting how-to guides. B2B SaaS companies often face technical issues, especially with first-time users. You can be a trusted source and authority in your industry by publishing how-to guides on installation, updates, and troubleshooting. Here are a few tips for creating technical how-to blog posts:
- Define your audience. Successful B2B SaaS SEO strategies start by defining the target audience. Analyze your customers to create highly-targeted, helpful lists. You can conduct market research, create buyer personas, and use Google Analytics to collect valuable data for your blog content.
- Include pictures or photos. You can better guide your audience through complex steps with photos. Use original, high-quality images for every step. Add alt text descriptions for each picture to help visually impaired people understand the images on the web page.
- Test or proofread your guide. Before publishing your guide, test and retest to ensure accuracy and effectiveness. Ask experts to review your steps and revise accordingly.
- Regularly update your post. As you update your software, also improve your how-to content. Upgrade any statistics or data to preserve the accuracy of your content.
Provide Quick Information With a Question and Answers Post
Another engaging type of blog post is a Q&A post. B2B SaaS marketers encounter many questions from clients about their services. These are general questions that they can quickly address through a Q&A page or post. For example, your productivity app developed for hybrid-remote teams is available in various tiers and pricing.
You can create a Q&A post about your app's features and general information, such as pricing, payment options, free trial offers, etc. Q&A posts shine when they are well-written and properly formatted. The following tactics can help you optimize your posts:
- Find out relevant questions. Use Google search, People Also Ask (PAA), and related searches to find questions and topics that your audience asks online.
- Create concise answers. Once you have your audience's questions, start creating solutions. Ensure that these are short, concise, and to the point. Use your target keywords when formulating answers.
- Group questions for easy lookups. People looking for quick answers may skim your content. It would be best to group questions so that users can find information fast. For example, inquiries related to subscription rates are separate from those related to software product features.
- Use illustrations. These break up longer texts and promote visual appeal. Use original images, not stock photos, because essential visuals make your post professional. Stock images may not represent your brand fully and/or look unnatural.
Promote Authority and Credibility With Interviews of Industry Experts Posts
Your clients search online for software solutions and will not subscribe to just any company without checking their credibility. Using interviews of experts in your SaaS blog, promotes your credibility and authority in the industry. This type of content shows that you know industry trends and that experts in the field support you.
Various content types exist to present interviews, but videos and podcasts get more attention. With video interviews, your clients can see how well you conduct interviews and interact with guests.
On the other hand, podcasts are viewable anywhere, making them versatile and convenient. Clients can listen to your podcast interview while doing something else. Podcast are also less complicated to produce. Whether you prefer video or podcast interviews, remember these best practices:
- Prepare open-ended questions. This type of questioning allows your guests to provide more detail. They can elaborate on the topic, thus giving the audience more helpful information.
- Take notes. List highlights of your conversation to enhance attentiveness and remember crucial details. Notes can be an invaluable source of information when you do write your blog.
- Listen more. This ensures that you get all of the essential details that your guests may have said. By talking less and listening more, you are allowing guests to elaborate on topics and their expert opinions.
- Turn an interview into a conversation. This makes your guests feel at ease and, thus, more likely to enjoy answering your questions. You can build a connection with your guests in a relaxed environment.
- Use good-quality video and audio equipment. Use professional-quality video recording equipment, microphones, headphones, and software to ensure the best results. You may lease professional recording equipment, if you do not have them.
- Share your content. Add social media sharing buttons on your blog to allow the audience to share the content. This promotes your authority or expertise in the industry, and increases your ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs).
Explain Difficult Concepts With Example Posts
Clients need more information before they can decide which software solution they prefer. It can be difficult to grasp technical concepts. Without support from SaaS developers, clients may look elsewhere for answers. Meet your client's needs by explaining complex software topics using example blogs.
- Create a clear definition. Provide a clear explanation of the topic you're explaining. This gives your audience a foundation on which to build their understanding.
- Use analogies. Analogies are a powerful tool for explaining complex concepts. Try to find an analogy that your audience can relate to, which will help them to understand the topic in a new way.
- Provide real-world examples. Real-world examples can help make abstract concepts more concrete. Try to find examples from everyday life that illustrate the topic you're explaining.
- Use visual aids. Diagrams, infographics, flowcharts, and graphs can help to clarify complex ideas. Consider using these aids to help your audience visualize the topic being explained.
- Break down the topic. If the topic is particularly complex, try breaking it into smaller, more manageable parts. This can help your audience to better understand the subject as a whole.
Share and Promote Experiences With an Events Highlight Post
Software developers and SaaS companies attend events and conferences to meet new stakeholders, investors, clients, and to feature their products. Annual events such as the DevOps User Conference and the QCon Software Development Conference are crowd-drawers. Some attendees travel worldwide to participate.
Use your blog to highlight these events to show your dedication and authority in the industry. The blogs should connect with your social media pages, which makes it easier to share, promote events, and your experiences and expertise. Here are techniques to produce engaging events in blogs:
- Plan. Before the event, plan out what you want to blog about. This can include topics such as keynote speakers, breakout sessions, networking events, and more.
- Take notes. Take detailed notes on what happened during the event that you want to include in the blog post. This includes speaker quotes, interesting statistics, and your thoughts and observations.
- Use multimedia. Include photos and videos in your blog post to help bring the event to life. This helps to engage readers and provide a more immersive experience.
- Provide context. Provide context for readers by explaining the purpose and background of the event. This provides a better understanding of why the event is essential.
- Write in a conversational tone. A conversational tone is easy to read and is engaging. It keeps readers interested and encourages them to share your post.
- Share your post. After writing your blog post, share it on social media and with your email list to reach a wider audience.
By writing engaging blogs, such as software how-to guides, Q&As, interviews of industry experts, example posts, and event highlight posts, you can boost your B2B SaaS SEO. Follow content SEO best practices to produce blogs that inspire engagement, promote your brand, and highlight your software products and services.
Call Digital Authority Partners for the latest B2B SaaS SEO trends and strategies for your business.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here