7 Ways Every Size of Business Wins Benefits From SEO
Whether a small startup or an established firm, every company benefits from search engine optimization. As more and more people use the web to find products, services, and answers, investing in SEO should be every business's priority.
This article explains the top SEO benefits according to an experienced firm offering SEO consulting services.
- Improves return on investment (ROI).
- Promotes credibility.
- Drives traffic to a website.
- Targets customers anywhere in the buying funnel.
- Generates leads.
- Supports paid ads campaigns.
- Outranks competition.
Find out more about these benefits. Let’s go!
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
1. Improves Return on Investment (ROI)
SEO significantly improves the ROI of a business. It helps websites rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) for relevant keywords. A website appearing prominently in search results attracts more organic traffic. Higher traffic means more potential customers and increased chances of conversion, which eventually improves ROI.
Businesses wanting to improve their revenue should make SEO a priority. Here are more reasons to use it to get a higher ROI:
- Optimize the website for specific keywords and phrases that are relevant to the business and that the target audience uses.
- Enhance the user experience by improving page load speed, mobile friendliness, and navigation.
- Build brand visibility by ensuring that the website prominently appears in search results, contributing to a better ROI.
- Provides a cost-effective marketing strategy. Once a website ranks well, the ongoing traffic generated through SEO efforts can create a higher ROI than paid advertising.
2. Promotes Credibility
A more trustworthy and credible website appears higher in the search engine results pages. Users trust search engines and associate top-ranking websites with authority and reliability. Use SEO to boost a company’s reputation.
With effective strategies, such as optimizing content, improving website structure, and acquiring quality backlinks, businesses increase the chances of their websites appearing higher in search results. This enhances their credibility. SEO improves credibility through the following:
- Optimizing various aspects of the website to enhance the user experience.
- Creating high-quality, relevant, and informative content that addresses the target audience's needs and interests.
- Generating more online reviews and ratings by encouraging customers to leave reviews and actively managing their online reputation boosts credibility.
- Enhancing social media profiles, sharing valuable content, engaging with followers, and building a solid online community.
- Using local SEO tactics, such as optimizing Google Business Profile (GBP) listing and getting listed in relevant online directories.
- Acquiring high-quality backlinks from reputable websites positively affects your search engine rankings and credibility.
3. Drives Traffic to a Website
SEO involves identifying and optimizing relevant business and target audience keywords because it drives traffic to a website. This, in turn, helps businesses showcase their brands, products, or services.
By naturally adding these keywords to the site’s content, meta tags, titles, and headings, search engines are able to better understand the website's relevance to users' search queries. As a result, the website is more likely to appear in relevant search results, increasing organic traffic. SEO further boosts site traffic by:
- Following on-page optimization to improve its visibility and relevance to search engines, including page titles, meta descriptions, URL structures, image alt tags, and header tags.
- Enhancing content creation and optimization by using relevant keywords, internal linking, and providing a clear structure to make content search engine friendly.
- Building high-quality backlinks from other reputable websites because these are recommendations and referrals.
- Optimizing a website for mobile responsiveness.
- Following technical SEO strategies such as website speed optimization, fixing broken links, optimizing site structure, and implementing schema markup.
- Integrating SEO efforts with social media marketing to drive traffic to the website.
4. Targets Customers Anywhere in the Buying Funnel
The customer's buying funnel has various stages. Companies target customers at the different buying funnel stages. Here's how SEO improves each one:
a. Awareness Stage
During this stage, potential customers become aware of their problem or need. SEO targets customers by creating informative and educational content that addresses their pain points and highlights their brand as a solution. At this point, SEO strategies focus on conducting keyword research and optimizing content to align with relevant informational search queries.
b. Consideration Stage
Customers are researching and considering different solutions or options in the consideration stage. To reach customers at this stage, SEO optimizes content that focuses on comparison keywords, reviews, and testimonials. Customers are able to make informed decisions by receiving in-depth product and service information, case studies, and guides.
c. Decision Stage
Customers who are ready to purchase or take specific action are in the decision stage. SEO optimizes content for transactional keywords that show the customers’ strong buying intent. Keywords such as "buy," "purchase," "discount," or "free shipping” attract customers who are ready to convert.
d. Retention Stage
During this stage, strategies focus on existing customers and encourage repeat purchases or engagement. Website optimization for customer support queries, FAQs, and loyalty programs targets customers in the retention stage.
5. Generates Leads
SEO generates leads for a business by attracting targeted traffic to the website and optimizing the user experience to encourage conversions. Optimization involves identifying and improving a website's content with relevant keywords that align with the target audience's search queries.
Targeting specific keywords related to the company’s products or services attracts users actively searching for what they offer. When users find the website, they are likely to be interested in the offers, increasing the chance of converting them into leads.
Here are more ways SEO creates leads for businesses:
- Creating high-quality content such as blog posts, articles, guides, and videos attracts organic traffic and establishes the brand as a trusted authority.
- Optimizing landing pages on the website to drive conversions with targeted keywords, optimizing page titles and meta descriptions, and including a clear and compelling call-to-action (CTA).
- Including local SEO also helps generate leads by targeting a specific geographical area through local keywords, creating and optimizing a GBP listing, and ensuring a consistent name, address, and phone number (NAP) across all marketing channels.
- Acquiring high-quality backlinks from reputable websites increases trust in the brand.
- Monitoring and analyzing website data to track SEO performance using tools such as Google Analytics.
6. Supports Paid Ads Campaigns
SEO also supports paid ad campaigns to enhance their effectiveness and maximize ROI. Optimization involves extensive keyword research to identify relevant keywords with high search volume and commercial intent.
This type of research also benefits paid ad campaigns by identifying valuable keywords to target in paid ad campaigns. In addition, by aligning paid ads with keywords that have shown strong organic performance, businesses can improve the relevance and quality of their ads, increasing click-through rates (CTRs) and ad performance.
The following SEO techniques also help support paid ad strategies:
- Enhancing landing pages to drive conversions by creating a seamless user experience, improving page load speed, optimizing content, and enhancing overall page quality.
- Creating compelling ad copy by analyzing the organic search results.
- Analyzing organic search and competitor analysis involves understanding the keywords they rank for and the strategies they use.
- Optimizing website meta titles and descriptions to improve click-through rates in organic search results.
- Enhancing the user experience by improving website structure, navigation, and page load speed.
7. Outranks Competition
Finally, SEO helps businesses outrank their competition in search engine results. It starts with thorough keyword research to identify the words potential customers use to search for products or services. Understanding competitors' keyword strategies helps businesses identify gaps and opportunities to target specific keywords that they have missed.
Aside from keyword research, SEO outranks the competition by using the following techniques:
- Creating high-quality, relevant, and engaging content that addresses the needs and interests of the target audience.
- Optimizing various on-page elements of the website, such as page titles, meta descriptions, URL structures, and header tags, is critical for SEO.
- Building high-quality backlinks from reputable and authoritative websites enhances the website's visibility, increases organic traffic, and outranks competitors in search results.
- Following technical SEO best practices such as website speed optimization, mobile responsiveness, proper URL structures, and crawlability.
- Continuous monitoring, analysis, and adaptation help businesses develop strategies to outrank their competitors.
SEO enables businesses of any size to improve their ROI, promote credibility, and drive traffic to their website. Additionally, it targets customers at every stage of the buying funnel, helps create leads, supports paid ads, and outranks the competition.
SEO promotes small businesses and helps big companies reach more customers. Contact an expert SEO consulting firm to learn how it can improve your business. Call Digital Authority Partners (DAP) today.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here