Increase Traffic and Leads With 7 Proven B2B SEO Techniques
How do you show your clients that your products or services are the solutions they have been looking for? How do you let them know their needs are your priority?
With business-to-business (B2B) search engine optimization (SEO) strategies, you can promote your products and services by increasing traffic and leads. This article highlights five proven strategies:
- Improving your persona-inspired content strategy
- Using high-intent keywords
- Adding schema markups
- Testing titles and meta descriptions
- Creating a mobile-friendly site
A B2B SEO agency knows the latest optimization trends to increase traffic. Ready to find out more? Let’s go!
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
Improving Your Persona-inspired Content Strategy
A persona-inspired content strategy can help increase traffic and leads to your B2B site. You better understand your target audience's needs, preferences, and pain points. With this data, you can create content that resonates with your clients, increasing engagement and encouraging them to share your content with their team.
Creating content based on client personas improves SEO efforts. Content optimized for the keywords and topics your clients and prospects are searching for increases visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs), leading to more traffic and leads. Adopt a persona-inspired content strategy by:
- Identifying your personas. Define your target audience and create personas that represent different segments of your audience. Research your audience's needs, goals, challenges, and preferences. Use surveys, interviews, and social media analytics to gather information.
- Creating content for each persona. After identifying your persona, create content tailored to their needs and interests. You may need to create different types of content, like blog posts, videos, podcasts, and social media posts.
- Optimizing for SEO. Ensure your content strategy is effective by optimizing these for search engines. Use relevant keywords and topics that your personas are searching for. Optimize your headlines, meta descriptions, and content structure.
- Measuring and improving your strategy. Check the effectiveness of your persona-based content strategy and refine your approach over time. Use analytics tools to track metrics like traffic, engagement, and conversions. Use these to make data-driven decisions to improve your strategy and create compelling content.
Using High-intent Keywords
Using high-intent keywords in your content can improve leads and traffic because they are the search terms your prospects use when actively looking for your products or services. High-intent keywords are longer, more specific phrases that are more likely to result in conversion because they indicate higher purchase intent.
High-intent keywords have less competition, which increases your chances of ranking higher in the SERPs and attracting more traffic. You also generate more revenue from your marketing efforts and improve your bottom line. Here are some of the ways you can find and use high-intent keywords.
- Conduct keyword research. Identify high-intent keywords using tools like Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, or SEMrush. Search for longer, more specific keywords that are relevant to your business and indicate high purchase intent.
- Use long-tail keywords correctly. Long-tail keywords consist of three or more words. Use these in your title, meta tags, URL, and alt text for pictures and infographics. Include these keywords in your content, preferably in the introduction, subheadings, and conclusion. Insert keywords naturally in your text and avoid keyword stuffing.
- Create content around keywords. To target high-intent keywords, create content specifically designed to answer the questions and solve the problems your clients are searching for. Practice natural link-building methods for B2B SEO success.
- Monitor keyword performance. Use analytics tools to monitor the performance of your high-intent keywords over time. This helps you determine which keywords drive the most traffic and conversions, enabling you to adjust your strategy accordingly.
Adding Schema Markups
Schema markups are structured data that you add to your website's code to help search engines understand the content of your website. This can improve your visibility and attract more organic traffic.
Schema markups can enhance the appearance of your search results by adding rich snippets like images, reviews, ratings, and other information. Your search results stand out from the competition, leading to more clicks, traffic, and leads.
Schema markups help highlight critical information, like software prices, ratings, and availability. This information makes your search results more compelling and attractive to users. This can lead to higher click-through rates, which translates to more traffic. Add schema markup to your pages by following these best practices.
- Identify relevant schema types. Look for the most pertinent for your business. You can use tools like Google's Structured Data Markup Helper or Schema.org to find the appropriate schema on your pages.
- Use multiple schema types. You can use multiple schema types on a single page to provide more context and information to search engines. For example, you can use schema markups for an image and a review on a single page.
- Use specific markup properties. This provides more detailed information about your content. You can include the author's name, date published, and star ratings.
- Keep markup updated. As your content changes, update your schema markups to reflect those changes. This helps ensure an accurate representation of your content in search results.
- Use a plugin. If you use a content management system (CMS) like WordPress, use a plugin to help you add schema markups to your content. Popular options include Yoast SEO and All In One Schema Rich Snippets.
Schema markups could be tricky. Working with a B2B SEO agency would be good move.
Testing Titles and Meta Descriptions
One of the most common B2B SEO mistakes is overlooking the value of site metadata. Testing titles and meta descriptions can increase traffic, directly affecting click-through rates. When a user types a query into a search engine, the results pages display a list of relevant pages. Each page's title and meta description appear along with a link to the page.
The title and meta description are the user's first impression of your page and, thus, directly affect whether they click to visit your website. Improve and test your titles and meta descriptions with the following strategies:
- Define your goals. These can include increasing click-through rates, improving search engine rankings, or increasing conversions. Identifying your goals improves your focus and how you create meta titles and descriptions.
- Identify which pages to test. This can include your homepage, landing pages, or pages with high traffic volume.
- Create variations. Make multiple variations of your meta titles and descriptions and test different lengths, messaging, and keywords to determine which ones perform best.
- Use A/B testing. Use A/B testing to test different variations of your meta titles and descriptions. This involves randomly serving different versions of the same page to other groups of users and comparing the results. You can use tools like Google Optimize or Optimizely to set up A/B tests.
- Measure results. Monitor the results of your A/B tests to determine which variations perform best. Look at metrics like click-through rates, bounce rates, time on site, and conversions to determine which variations are most effective.
Once you have determined the winning variations, implement them on your website. Track your results over time to ensure that they continue to perform well. Keep testing your meta titles and descriptions regularly to ensure they are still effective. This can help you avoid search engine algorithm changes and user behavior.
Creating a Mobile-Friendly Site
A mobile-friendly website can increase page traffic because more people search for services and products using their mobile devices than any other device. Your clients are more likely to stay on your site and engage with your content if it's easy to navigate and read on their mobile devices.
Google uses mobile-friendliness as a ranking factor. A mobile-friendly website is more likely to rank higher in mobile search results, leading to increased visibility, traffic, and signups. Also, a mobile-friendly website helps you reach a larger audience, including those primarily using mobile devices to browse the internet. This can lead to increased traffic and engagement.
People often use mobile devices for social media browsing and sharing. If your website is mobile-friendly, it can be easily shared on social media platforms, leading to increased traffic from social media referrals. The following techniques promote a mobile-friendly B2B website.
- Use a responsive design. A responsive design allows your website to adjust to the screen size on the device used to view it. This ensures your website looks good and is easy to navigate on any device, including smartphones and tablets.
- Optimize images. Large images can slow down your website and make loading difficult on mobile devices. Optimize by reducing their size and compressing them without compromising quality.
- Simplify site navigation. Your site navigation should be simple and easy to use on mobile devices. Use dropdown menus and limit the number of items in your menu to make it easier for users to find what they want.
- Use mobile-friendly fonts. Use legible fonts that are easy to read on smaller screens. Avoid tiny fonts, excessive use of bold text, and long paragraphs. The best fonts for general use are serif and sans serif fonts like Bodini, Garamond, Times New Roman, Helvetica, Futura, and Open Sans.
- Minimize pop-ups. These can be frustrating on mobile devices because they can take up a lot of screen space and are difficult to close. Minimize the use of pop-ups in a way that is not intrusive to the user experience.
- Optimize page speed. Minimize HTTP requests, compress files, and use a content delivery network (CDN).
Work with a B2B SEO agency to implement strategies that can significantly increase traffic and leads. Adopting techniques like improving your persona-inspired content strategy, high-intent keywords, and schema markups optimizes your pages.
Also, testing titles and meta descriptions and creating a mobile-friendly site ensures higher traffic and better lead generation. Remember: investing in SEO should be part of your B2B marketing strategy. Call Digital Authority Partners and learn how promoting traffic through SEO can boost your B2B campaigns.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here