Top 5 Key Factors To Include for Excellent UX Design
User experience (UX) defines the success or failure of a brand, so pay close attention to it. Observe the successful delivery of products or services while providing the best UX.
This article is about the top factors to ensure optimal UX website design.
Learn to manage these factors the way a Chicago UX design agency would. Let's go!
To learn how Digital Authority Partners can create a standout website for you, watch this video!
1. Usefulness: Make a Helpful Website for Customers
One of the factors in excellent site design is usefulness. Whether browsing for information, buying products, or ordering services, users must feel that the website contributes to achieving their goals.
Usefulness includes website elements such as navigation, speed, content, accessibility, and branding. By considering these elements, businesses can engage visitors, improve conversions, and eventually enhance sales and revenue.
Here are several ways to improve a website and make it more user-friendly:
- Gather insights into audience behaviors, preferences, and pain points to design a website that caters to customer needs and interests.
- Improve site navigation by creating clear and consistent menus and using a search bar to help users find specific content quickly.
- Create valuable, relevant, and engaging content that meets the target audience's needs.
- Make content readable and visually appealing by using headings, bullet points, and images to break up long blocks of text.
- Use responsive design to follow a mobile-friendly approach to marketing.
2. Findable: Help Search Engines and Customers Discover You
A website's “findability” refers to how easily users can discover the site and access the information that they need. Improved findability leads to a better user experience, higher engagement, and increased brand loyalty.
Additionally, good findability enhances a website's search engine optimization (SEO) by making it easier for search engines to crawl and index its content. Ultimately, this can result in higher search rankings and increased traffic.
Marketers can simplify content discovery by taking these steps:
- Use descriptive labels and internal links to guide site visitors through pages.
- Include relevant keywords in the content to match what people are searching.
- Optimize the site structure with a clear hierarchy of pages and organized content.
- Use metadata like page titles, descriptions, and header tags to provide search engines with more information about the site’s pages.
- Ensure the website is mobile-friendly because more users access the internet on smartphones.
- Share content on social media and engage with followers.
3. Credibility: Build a Trustworthy Website
A website that appears credible is more trustworthy to users. Use professional design, helpful content, and high-quality images to establish credibility. In addition, encourage users to engage with the website, share content, leave comments, or make purchases.
Additionally, a credible website increases user retention and a customer's lifetime value, contributing to the website's overall success.
Marketers can improve the credibility of their websites by:
- adapting a professional design that is consistent with the brand and industry;
- publishing valuable content, such as research, reviews, white papers, guides, podcasts, video presentations, etc., to demonstrate industry expertise;
- incorporating user reviews and testimonials to showcase products or services and build trust with the audience;
- providing contact information to demonstrate legitimacy;
- integrating security measures, such as SSL encryption and secure payment processing, to protect user data;
- including social proof, such as awards, certifications, or media mentions.
4. Desirability: Create Engaging Site Design and Content
Desirability is crucial to website UX design because it refers to the emotional appeal of a site to its users. It influences user behavior, including engagement, loyalty, and conversion.
A desirable website will likely engage users by providing a pleasant experience. It can increase brand recognition and recall by making users associate positive emotions with the website and the brand.
Promoting desirability in website design involves several strategies, including:
- using visual design elements, such as colors, typography, and images, that appeal to users' emotions and preferences;
- adapting a website design style consistent with the brand and industry to create a unique and memorable experience;
- focusing on a user-centered design approach to create a site design tailored to the users' needs and desires;
- using storytelling techniques to create a narrative that appeals to users' emotions, interests, and imagination;
- incorporating gamification elements such as badges, points, and challenges to make the website fun and engaging;
- adding emotional design techniques, such as facial expressions, music, and animations.
5. Accessibility: Make the Website Easily Available to All User Types
Accessibility ensures that all users, regardless of their abilities or disabilities, can access and use a website effectively. It promotes inclusivity and ensures everyone can benefit from the website's information and services.
Accessibility is required by law, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in the US, and is important for all users, not just those with disabilities. Including alternative text for images, for example, benefits users with slow internet connections or those who prefer to browse with photos turned off.
Website accessibility can also improve SEO by providing alternative text for images, transcripts for videos, and other features. Thus, it makes sense to keep in mind the following tips to boost your website accessibility:
- Use semantic HTML to structure the website's content and provide a clear information hierarchy.
- Provide alternative text for images, videos, and other non-text content to ensure that users with visual impairments can understand the content.
- Use color contrast to ensure that text is legible for visually impaired users. This improves the user experience by making the content easier to read.
- Add captions and transcripts for videos and audio content for users with hearing impairments.
- Use accessible forms with clear labels and instructions to ensure that users with cognitive or motor disabilities can fill out forms quickly.
An excellent website UX is useful, findable, credible, desirable, and accessible. Ensuring that your website meets these requirements improves engagement, conversions, sales, and revenue. Your business will be steps closer to fulfilling your marketing goals.
Learn more about how a Chicago UX design company can help you optimize your website. Call Digital Authority Partners (DAP) for UX design expertise.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here