Finding Great SEO Topics for Better SaaS Blog Posts (7 Tips)
The software-as-a-service (SaaS) industry is highly competitive. Increase your visibility, create a strong online presence, and boost your organic traffic by working with an SEO agency specializing in your niche.
An experienced team can help you touch on the most relevant topics for your blog that resonate with your audience and enhance your brand’s value.
This article explores seven of them:
- Keyword research
- Industry trends
- Customer pain points
- Competitor content
- Business updates
- New content marketing guidelines
- Customer feedback
We will talk about each below. Let’s go!
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
7 SaaS Content Ideas to Make Your SEO Strategy Outstanding
When you have the right SaaS content, you have already won half the battle of search engine optimization (SEO). Even so, what is in the article is just as essential as the topic itself.
If you find generating ideas challenging, you can always use the ideas below.
1. Keyword Research to Match User Intent
Extensive keyword research can reveal a plethora of relevant words and phrases that your target market is already using to look for your products and services. Plus, they can help improve your rankings and drive massive traffic when strategically incorporated.
The problem is that many SaaS marketers, and even business owners, focus too heavily on search volume and competition. The most effective approach to keyword research is user intent. This way, you can make your content relevant and useful at every stage of your customer’s journey.
Many keyword suggestion tools can already identify the intent of the terms, but here are more tips to help you:
- Use Google’s auto-complete feature that offers suggestions based on the most common searches.
- Try Google Trends to identify keywords related to a topic and their seasonal search volumes across different countries.
- Attract more targeted leads with long-tail keywords.
- Find the low-hanging keywords or those your competitors have missed by using search engine results pages (SERP) analysis.
- Add signals such as “near me,” “buy [product or service],” or “how to” in your research.
2. Industry Trends to Educate Your Readers with New Information
If you want to elevate your credibility and authority, you should learn to educate your readers. But how do you ensure that your blog posts sound fresh and original?
The answer is: industry trends.
By following the latest developments, you can:
- Help your leads and customers make efficient product choices
- Offer new and actionable insights
- Build brand awareness with thought leadership
- Emphasize that your product or service matches industry standards
- Share your expert opinions
You can keep track of industry news by subscribing to industry-specific websites, newsletters, and RSS feeds. You can also set up Google Alerts for them.
3. Customer Pain Points to Offer Solutions
Your potential customers may already have an idea of the problem they need help with. It is now your job to tell them you have the best solution through your blog.
To do this, you can:
- Monitor customer conversations on social media platforms such as Twitter using hashtags related to your niche or industry
- Use your customer data to identify persistent issues and challenges
- Create a survey and use it to get personal feedback
- Conduct interviews with industry experts
Once you have identified the problems, create content that resolves their worries. Depending on what you offer, these blog posts could include:
- Product tutorials or how-to guides
- Product comparison posts
- Best practices for using a certain SaaS product
- FAQs and resource pages
- Case studies
4. Competitor Content to Beat Them
Checking your competitor’s content helps with SaaS content generation in several ways. With it, you can:
- Explore subjects and angles your competitors failed to talk about
- Tap into emerging market trends
- Understand audience needs more holistically
- Develop competitive strategies to improve your content performance
Learn to know and analyze competitor content with these ideas:
- Create a list of all the competitors in your market.
- Follow their email lists and social media accounts.
- Use competitor analytics tools for more detailed industry insights.
5. Business Updates to Raise Brand Awareness
No one wants to blindly buy a product or service. In fact, most demand to know businesses more intimately.
In other words, you make excellent subjects for some of your blog posts. In them, you can present many topics revealing what you do and who you are.
Here are a few examples:
- Origin story
- Company culture
- Office tour
- Product launches and updates
- Awards and accomplishments
- Human interest, such as employee profiles
6. New Content Marketing Guidelines to Remain SEO-Friendly
Nothing is permanent except death and taxes. In SaaS SEO, this means that content marketing guidelines and recommendations change constantly — and you should keep up.
- Miss the latest trends and techniques
- Lag behind your competitors
- Lack an idea of what is working for other people
- Make your content unnecessary and useless
- Risk following outdated strategies that can hurt your ranking or give you penalties
Fortunately, search engines such as Google inform you of any new rollouts and offer best practices to bounce back quickly if these changes harm your SaaS SEO.
The best SEO team can also help with monitoring. They can spot emerging trends, analyze their impact, and adjust your content strategies accordingly.
7. Customer Feedback and Content to Increase Engagement
Your loyal customers and fans are your content goldmine. You can use their unique perspectives to update, expand, or even create new content.
You may ask them questions such as:
- What types of articles do you usually read?
- Which topics interest you the most?
- Do you find certain features more appealing than others?
You can also invite them to co-create content with you. For example, you may ask them to share their stories and tips on how they use your product or service. Feature their feedback in blog posts and social media updates.
Content is the lifeblood of any SaaS business. It builds trust and creates brand awareness for your services and products.
That is why you need a content strategy that takes into account customer feedback, emerging trends, competitor analysis, and relevant search engine guidelines. With it, you can generate effective content that reaches a larger target audience and drives conversions.
If you do not have enough time or resources to handle the task on your own, consider working with an experienced content writer who can deliver engaging blog posts. Contact us today to learn more.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here