Why Social Media Should Be Part of Your SEO Strategy?
Are you struggling to promote your business online? Are your optimization efforts just too slow to produce results? Whether working with an SEO agency or handling your online presence on your own, using social media to boost site optimization should be part of your arsenal.
Social media can help you improve brand exposure and increase your SEO ranking. Are you ready to turn your SEO strategies around with social media?
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
Building links is about building relationships with other websites or businesses in your industry. Social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram can help companies build these relationships. But of these platforms, marketers agree that Twitter is the best channel to start developing your link-building strategies.
Social media can drive traffic to your website through link building. Use social media platforms like Twitter to reach your audience and promote your content. Consider the following strategies.
- Follow people who are influential in your market or industry. Keep updated on what they are talking about and what’s happening in your local area or industry.
- Build relationships naturally, personally, and honestly. Earn links from people who trust your business and your expertise.
- Consider the help of social media influencers. Develop your relationship with influencers by connecting, engaging, and asking them for mentions or links.
- Publish content that will capture your audience’s attention. There are many types of content from posts, videos, news material, reviews, or guides. Look for anything that provides value to your audience.
- Reach out to influencers using outreach emails. Email outreach is a strategy that's effective in promoting content, requests for a backlink, and trying to start a partnership or a collaboration with an influencer.
- The number of likes and shares builds social proof and trust in your content. Eventually, you'll have a higher chance of getting high-value links for your website.
Increase Brand Awareness
Social media can promote your business and increase awareness of your brand. Social media can reach the right audience by promoting a service, selling a product, or creating online content.
Social media platforms like Facebook report 2.94 billion monthly active users and 1.96 billion daily active users. It has reached a massive audience that businesses and marketers can't overlook.
Facebook can help you reach people who matter and promote your brand, services, and products. Here are some practical ways to use social media to increase brand awareness.
- Get to know your target audience better through research. Find out the social media platform they prefer, the products they are interested in, the time they are online, and other meaningful details.
- Post engaging content. Use different content, including videos, images, infographics, cartoons, posters, and more.
- Be social and interact with your followers. Ask their opinions, answer questions, and initiate conversations.
- Respond to comments professionally. Use your social media page as a customer service platform to deal with complaints and resolve issues.
- Use a variety of social media platforms. Your users also interact differently for each forum, so avoid sharing the same content on all platforms.
- Optimize your profile. Improve your bio, add clear, high-quality photos and videos, and make your page look professional. Add your social media platforms to each other.
- Host contests and give prizes or gifts to winners. Give away company merchandise and gift cards.
- Maintain your brand theme. Use elements like colors, logos, catchphrases, and so on. All these can help promote brand awareness.
- Promote your content with hashtags. On Instagram, users search for accounts and posts using hashtags.
- Use captions for better engagement. Be creative and comment on your posts. Don’t forget to interact with your audience who comment on your posts.
Social media platforms offer fantastic opportunities for businesses or companies to recognize the success of other firms in a relationship. Publicly doing this can increase belongingness and self-worth and promotes comfort within a business relationship.
Social media partnerships can be a collaboration where social media marketers work with other marketers or influencers for a short-term campaign. Both parties use their resources and talents to work on a project and, at the same time, share the rewards.
Social media partnerships and collaborations increase value and information that benefits your audience. It promotes new views, perspectives, and opinions and improves engagement with your content.
Take note of these strategies to optimize your social media partnerships.
- Monitor your analytics to find out how effective or engaging your partnerships are. Are you getting more followers or more shares?
- Ensure that your partners are focused on the same goal. Responsibilities and tasks must rest on both parties.
- Make regular check-ins and keep your audience engaged with regular content creation.
You can use the extensive reach of social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn to build your authority in your industry. Once you have captured your audience's attention, you can start driving sales to your products or services.
Consumers buy only from brands they trust, and being an authority in your industry, they will feel more confident in taking your offer. Here are some ways to build authority through social media.
- Be consistent in all your social media platforms by producing content regularly.
- Use different kinds of content formats to highlight your authority. Social media content varies from videos, pictures, customized GIFs, infographics, and more.
- Share your opinions with your followers and your community. Show your knowledge about different topics in your industry.
- Post a testimonial or a review from a satisfied customer or a client. This validates your expertise, and thus, they are more likely to consider your brand.
Increase Content Longevity and Engagement
Sharing your unique content on your social media platforms is one way for your audience to find your content and get to know your brand. Also, this can extend the life of your content as people share and circulate this online.
Therefore, it’s a must that you create engaging content to connect with your audience. Great content must be any of the following:
- Provide a solution to your audience’s problems
- Teach a topic of interest
- Entertain your audience
- Connect emotionally with people
You can quickly tell if your audience appreciates your content by looking at the number of likes, shares, and comments. Pay attention to the type of content that your audience prefers so you can engage them better. Here are more tips to increase content lifespan and promote engagement.
- Consider the best time and day to post content. This depends on your audience and the type of content you want to post.
- Post top-quality, engaging content. Your audience will more likely share this type of content.
- Add your audience-related questions to your post to increase engagement. Reply to comments and acknowledge their answers.
Another good strategy is repurposing old content. You may update studies, reviews, statistics, and how-to content. All these can improve content lifespan and engagement. Why not try these strategies today?
A great social media strategy can boost SEO and rank higher on search engine results. You can use many techniques, but these top five tactics can give you the best results when used correctly.
Start by getting to know your audience better, know their preferred social media platforms, and understand how they interact within these platforms. With all these in mind, you can promote your brand, establish authority, and create lasting partnerships with social media.
Want to meet with our team?
Book a meeting directly here