Boost Your Fort Worth Local SEO Rank: Checklist for Success
Fort Worth is a vibrant, thriving Texas city with residents looking for your products and services. How do you get your business in front of them? Answer: Fort Worth SEO agency.
The right local optimization team helps you check off three essential factors that can grow your local online presence:
- Indexability and crawlability.
- Claimed and optimized Google My Business Profile (GMB).
- Useful, fitting local content for your target audience.
Learn more about these points in the article below. Let’s go!
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
1. Indexability and Crawlability
One of the biggest benefits of local search engine optimization (SEO) is its cost-effectiveness. Although you are still spending on marketing, you can increase your revenue and returns because:
- The market is more targeted. These are the people who are more likely to buy products and services from you.
- The competition is low. Your strongest competitors are those within your vicinity with a similar business model. There might be a few, not nearly as many as when you try to market globally.
- Some costs go down. Depending on your location, selling to specific locations can reduce marketing, shipping, and production costs. You can then pass these savings on to your customers for a more competitive advantage.
However, you can only begin local SEO if your website pages are crawlable and indexable. A local SEO agency has comprehensively covered the importance of crawlability in SEO.
Search engines, such as Google or Bing, release bots or spiders to search for content over the Internet. If your site has poor crawlability, bots or spiders might find the site but need help accessing the content or determining its relevance to your chosen keywords.
If they are unable to crawl the pages, there is no way for them to index or add the pages to the database. Hence, they will not appear in the search results if someone uses your keywords for queries. In essence, your business is as good as nonexistent to potential customers.
A local SEO agency, therefore, takes a three-step approach to improving crawlability and indexability:
- Perform a technical audit to uncover issues or problems that delay or prevent indexability and crawlability.
- Fix these errors.
- Introduce more advanced strategies, such as increasing crawl budgets or adding schema markup.
2. Claimed and Optimized Google My Business Profile (GMB)
One of the local SEO tips for small businesses is to claim your Google My Business Profile (GMB) because:
- Google remains the primary go-to search engine for anyone looking for information, especially geo-based (e.g., “the best budget hotel in Fort Worth” or “Where is the Ashton Hotel?”)
- It maximizes your online exposure. With good optimization, your business appears in the search results in the local map pack — the first three business sites. Plus, you have more indexed pages beneath. Your audience also sees you when they use Google Maps.
- GMB profiles can increase conversions. Potential customers call your number directly, check your website for more information, read reviews, and see photos of your store.
- It legitimizes your business, helping increase your credibility.
- Someone else, such as an authorized profile manager, can claim your business profile. This leaves you with no control over what this may do to your brand. Reclaiming it is also challenging.
The steps to setting up your GMB profile are simple. To make it even more effective in increasing your brand exposure, optimize your GMB with these ideas:
- Provide accurate and up-to-date business information.
- Choose the most relevant business categories.
- Write a compelling and keyword-rich business description.
- Add high-quality photos and videos showcasing your business.
- Encourage and respond to customer reviews.
- Monitor and manage your GMB Q&A section.
- Regularly update business hours, holidays, and special events.
- Enable messaging and promptly respond to customer inquiries.
- Add products and services with detailed descriptions.
- Utilize attributes to highlight unique features.
- Monitor insights to understand user interactions.
3. Useful, Fitting Local Content for Your Target Audience
Content accounts for half of the optimization equation, but the copies you create also determine the success or failure of your efforts. Content needs to be useful and fitting for your target audience.
Topic clustering and E-E-A-T are important for creating useful content. This step-by-step guide is a helpful resource for building topic clusters, which is an effective strategy that:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of the topic, covering various aspects of local services, and serve as the central hub for the cluster.
- Create subtopics or subclusters that focus on specific local keywords related to your business and target audience.
- Strengthen your linking strategy by sending signals to search engines about the relationship between the content pieces and helping them understand the depth and relevance of your website's information.
- Establish your website as an authoritative resource on local topics.
E-E-A-T stands for experience, expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. Google uses E-E-A-T to evaluate content quality, especially if it comprises “your money, your life” (YMYL) pages, such as healthcare, insurance, and legal practice.
Illustrate E-E-A-T in your local content with these tips:
- Demonstrate your expertise in the local industry or niche by providing accurate and reliable information.
- Showcase your knowledge through well-researched content that goes beyond basic information. For example, if you are in healthcare, of which specific state benefits can patients take advantage?
- Include details, statistics, case studies, or personal experiences highlighting your expertise.
- Consider incorporating local insights, trends, and best practices to establish relevance and demonstrate your market understanding.
- Build your authority by citing credible sources and linking to reputable websites that support your claims.
- Include author bios or company profiles highlighting relevant qualifications, certifications, or achievements.
- Disclose any potential conflicts of interest or vested interests that might affect the objectivity of your content.
- Showcase trust signals, such as trust seals, certifications, awards, or affiliations with reputable local organizations.
- Address common concerns or questions that local customers might have and provide transparent and honest answers.
- Incorporate multimedia elements such as images, videos, or infographics to enhance your content’s visual appeal and comprehension.
- Provide clear calls to action that guide local users to take the desired actions, such as contacting your business, visiting your store, or making a purchase.
Like other optimization strategies, local SEO takes time before you will see results. However, starting your efforts with the three factors outlined above is a great way to begin.
The best option, though, is to work with a team to develop a comprehensive plan to help your business stand out. Digital Authority Partners (DAP) is a Fort Worth SEO agency that combines deep technical SEO expertise, creative content marketing, and a comprehensive understanding of the local market to help businesses succeed online. Contact us today for a consultation.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here