How Do You Build a Successful LinkedIn Ads Campaign?
Advertising on LinkedIn helps you reach professionals, experts, and significant decision-makers ready to purchase or book your services. But it takes more than just being on the platform; you need an expert LinkedIn ads agency to improve engagement and conversion rates.
This guide tells you how to create a successful Linkedin Ad. It touches on the following:
- How to advertise on LinkedIn
- Best practices when advertising on LinkedIn
Start successfully advertising on LinkedIn. Let’s go!
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to Digital Marketing? Watch this video!
How To Advertise on LinkedIn
Advertising on LinkedIn is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Select your target audience based on the platform audience attributes and target categories.
- Decide the best ad type to match your audience. It could be sponsored content, message ads, dynamic ads, or text ads.
- Design your ad
- Set your budget and your preferred schedule.
- Publish your ad
- Track your conversions and optimize your ads for better performance.
5 LinkedIn Ad Best Practices To Keep In Mind
In 2021, LinkedIn earned $3.8 billion in ad revenue and that might grow to $7.7 billion in 2026. Marketers trust LinkedIn for their digital ad campaigns. So, never overlook LinkedIn in your digital advertising strategy planning.
Like any ad strategy, there is a right way to build your brand using LinkedIn. Below are five practices to keep in mind.
1. Understand and Segment Your Customers
Effective social media ads are a product of a thorough understanding of your customers. You must know what they need and how they want to get it. LinkedIn ads are no different.
Creating customer segments is one way to prepare and create targeted ads on LinkedIn. By segmenting, you know exactly what to offer and the marketing words and language to use.
For example, a business specializing in vegan meals has defined its target market as young hipsters and people who prefer healthy living. They discovered that their audience prefers dynamic LinkedIn ads. With such knowledge, this business can come up with targeted ads.
Use the following to understand your audience better and avoid social media ad mistakes.
- Audience template
- LinkedIn targeting options
- Your location for effective tagging
- Content that matches your audience's needs
2. Use Correct Content According to the Customer Journey
Once you have defined your customer segments, start creating content corresponding to audience needs. Refer to the customer buying journey for better engagement. Be guided by the essential elements of a journey map, as defined by Forbes:
- Awareness: This is when customers realize their needs or a problem. At this level, sponsored content is best. Use video ads, single-image ads, carousel ads, and event ads. They appear on LinkedIn Newsfeed to promote awareness of your services, products, and brand.
- Research: At this stage, customers seek solutions to their issues to determine where to purchase. They evaluate their options; thus, sponsored messaging, sponsored content, and text dynamic ads are best at this level.
- Consideration: At this level, buyers weigh their options, comparing your brand with others to decide which is best for them. That means they are not your customers yet, so you must give them more information. Give them access to more details about your products using lead generation forms.
- Purchase: Your customers have selected a solution and made a purchase.
- Support: The customer uses your service or product and engages with your company about their experience. They decide if they want to purchase again or not. Ads at this final stage of the customer journey aim to promote loyalty and gather information about the customer experience to improve overall marketing efforts and strategies.
3. Engage Customers With Eye-catching Visuals
Use visual content to attract your audience and make them engage with your brand. Animated content helps your business create long-term relationships with your customers.
Video is a top rated marketing strategy for business to business marketing, and that will continue to grow in the business to consumer space. This means more marketers who advertise on LinkedIn will see the value of visuals, like videos, in their ad strategies.
Here are a few elements to consider when optimizing your LinkedIn ads.
- Use the best fonts like Helvetica, Futura, Verdana, and Garamond.
- Highlight ads with images with a neutral color.
- Create ads in other languages to suit your audience. You can do this from your Campaign Manager.
- Place your call-to-action (CTA) in an uncluttered area of your ad.
- Upload relevant GIFs from the image upload format.
4. Monitor Click-Through Rate (CTR)
CTR is the number of clicks your ads get divided by the number of times they appear. The formula for CTR is:
(Clicks / Impressions) x 100 = CTR
If your ad received ten clicks and 200 impressions, your CTR is 5%.
(10 / 200) x 100 = 5%
The LinkedIn monitoring system will display the CTR and tell you which ad has the lower frequency to make it easier for you.
Using the CTR, decide which ads work. Pause or completely stop ads that do not perform well. This way, you can put your resources into the most suitable campaigns and ad variations that you think will help you accomplish your goals.
5. Do Not Limit Your Strategies to LinkedIn Ads
Although your LinkedIn ad is your priority, consider other platforms when using social ads. Include ads on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram in your plans, even if your audience is not the same across platforms.
Besides, you can use your audience engagement and data from other social ads to improve your LinkedIn ads. Identify which ads perform better, like those on your Facebook or Instagram, and take inspiration from these.
Consider social media integration strategies for your website by adding social sharing links to your posts and articles. These will help you share your content to promote brand awareness and authority.
Building an effective LinkedIn ad campaign can spell success for your business. Use LinkedIn best practices for understanding and segmenting customers; using the buyer's journey; engaging customers with visuals; referring to your social ads; and monitoring CTR.
Are your LinkedIn ads not working as you expected? Contact Digital Authority Partners and let us optimize your LinkedIn ads today.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here