Why Content Marketing Is Perfect for Plastic Surgeons
Nothing sells better than relevant, useful content marketing for plastic surgeons in an industry built on expertise, credibility, and results.
This article illustrates the many benefits of content for your clinic’s online campaigns. It also discusses the following points:
- Real-world examples and how plastic surgeons can apply the same tactics.
- Why trust matters and how articles improve it.
- How content marketing affects the bottom line.
- What makes content reliable for building trust and engagement.
Digital Authority Partners (DAP) has created a content marketing guide for plastic surgeons. This post discusses why it is necessary and helpful. If you want to learn more about how good copies grow your business, read below.
We're the top B2B Content Marketing Agency in America. Watch the video below to learn why.
1. Raise Brand Awareness
Today, more and more clients rely on the internet for plastic surgery-related information. They look for nearby clinics as well as vet their options. Online reviews are also considered when choosing a doctor. A new study highlights the role of social media in influencing people to undergo procedures.
You can still market to clients offline, but content marketing is what grows your patient base. Use it to raise brand awareness through the following channels:
- Social media
- Paid ads
- Webinars and podcasts
In line with this, content stresses your unique value proposition. You are able to introduce your business while differentiating it from your competitors. In addition, you attract a more targeted audience — those willing to buy your products and services.
Consider the athletic brand Lululemon. It has done an excellent job of using content to establish itself as a yoga and athletic apparel expert. Its blog and social media focus on providing advice, stories, and motivation for living an active, mindful lifestyle.
In the process, Lululemon builds awareness in several key ways:
- Attract people who identify with the healthy lifestyle they represent.
- Present themselves as trusted authorities on yoga, fitness, and well-being.
- Give their brand personality through inspirational stories.
Equally, content marketing for plastic surgeons supports demand generation. It shapes a positive perception of the practice by providing value upfront.
2. Build Trust
Content is also a double-edged sword for patients. While the content educates, it reveals side effects and complications too. Additionally, stories of botched surgeries, misleading doctors, and fake reviews are also shared.
Because of this, more patients approach content with caution. This lengthens the time that you spend engaging and converting leads into clients.
Correct content marketing for plastic surgeons builds trust in different ways:
- Promoting transparency and accountability.
- Aligning itself with industry marketing guidelines and regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Connecting with the audience more emotionally.
- Strengthening claims with data, case studies, and social proof.
- Offering fresh, relevant content that talks about industry updates and trends.
- Tempering promise with realistic expectations.
Apple is one of the best brands known for using content to build trust. Over the years, it has balanced compelling product pages touting its products’ advanced features with helpful content. These range from facility tours to designer interviews. It has also designed and continuously updated its knowledge base, which supports buyers post-sale.
Similarly, you can use content such as FAQ articles and before-and-after photos to demonstrate expertise and build credibility over time. Innovations such as virtual chatbots to answer common real-time questions are effective as well.
As plastic surgeons, the most helpful, authentic content makes your future patients feel at ease under your care.
3. Engage the Audience
Revenue is only one of the critical metrics for plastic surgery clinics that want to scale or grow. Another essential factor is the customer lifetime value (CLV). This measures your patient’s contribution to your business throughout your relationship.
A higher CLV typically indicates the following:
- Increased customer retention and loyalty. This implies that patients tend to stay loyal and book repeat appointments. It could be because they find ongoing value in the product or service.
- Expanded share of wallet. Higher-CLV patients are likely to spend more over time. They are easier to upsell or cross-sell. Indirectly, they become brand advocates. They convince friends and family to choose your clinic. In turn, these clients further increase their total revenue contribution.
- Reduced churn. Customers are less likely to switch to your competitors. From a business perspective, it results in more predictable, recurring revenue.
- More positive bottom line. When your CLV is high, you have attracted the right audience. Your retention strategies are also working well. Most of all, it implies a higher profit margin, which you can reinvest to acquire more leads and nurture existing patients.
Content marketing for plastic surgeons helps raise CLV through engagement. In particular, it fosters ongoing conversations and connections before, during, and after procedures.
For example, online surgery guides educate patients on how to care for themselves during the pre-op and post-op processes. It reduces anxiety around undergoing cosmetic procedures and builds trust in the practice.
Post-surgery email nurturing follows up with tips on recovery, what to expect, medication schedules, and more. Mixed into this sequenced content are promotions for follow-up appointments or future procedures.
This nurturing helps ensure that patients fully understand the process and have an excellent experience. Patients feel invested in and well-supported rather than abandoned post-procedure.
All of these build loyalty. They also increase the chances of reactivating patients for additional surgeries.
Livestreaming is another engaging medium. For instance, live Q&A sessions and webinars on social media offer the following benefits:
- Allow real-time interaction with the audience. Prospective patients can ask questions about procedures, recovery, and pricing.
- Bring the consultative experience to social platforms. Prospects get a taste of your guidance and expertise in an initial consultation.
- Illustrate your knowledge and experience with visuals. Instagram Live can showcase results and walk users through recovery. Webinars via Zoom or YouTube can cover specific treatments in detail.
- Connect more deeply with the audience. There is little more that makes online patients feel secure than seeing the faces behind the brand. Seeing you effectively communicate stories that relate well to the audience is also a plus.
Content marketing aligns perfectly with the marketing goals of plastic surgery practices. When done correctly, it raises brand awareness while stressing the clinic’s unique value. It also builds trust, which cultivates customer retention.
The best content also supports lead generation, delivering and nurturing the right audience throughout its customer journey.
However, to maximize the benefits of online content, you need the right partner for the job. Digital Authority Partners (DAP) is an award-winning agency that creates results-driven content marketing for plastic surgeons.
Our holistic online marketing approach helped increase one client’s customer base by 531%. We also boosted the number one physician application’s revenue by 140%. Would you like the same results? Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here