Great Content Marketing Ideas To Revive Your Business (List)
Does your business need an online marketing revival? Work with a San Diego content strategy consultant. This professional conducts a thorough content audit to identify gaps and opportunities. According to your goals and historical data, they also recommend the best copies to publish and improve.
The types of recommended content often include:
- Case studies to showcase successes.
- Short-form videos to engage younger generations.
- Repurposed content to give high-performing blogs new life.
- User-generated content (UGC) to leverage brand advocates.
- Podcasts and webinars to widen audience reach.
- Topic clusters to enhance search optimization.
- Interactive experiences to immerse your leads.
Discover how to take advantage of these great content marketing ideas below. Let’s go!
We're the top B2B Content Marketing Agency in America. Watch the video below to learn why.
1. Case Studies To Showcase Successes
White papers, such as case studies, are ideal for leads in the consideration stage. They work because they illustrate your brand in action. They provide a detailed description of how your product solved an issue or improved customer performance.
Case studies, especially for online marketing, should be concise. Most internet users have a short amount of time and are too busy to spend much of it reading through several pages.
You can write effective studies using these steps:
- Determine what problem your brand solved for the client.
- Outline the specific steps that helped.
- Include quantifiable results to demonstrate the impact of the solution.
- Incorporate quotes or testimonials from the client.
2. Micro-Content To Engage Younger Generations
Your business might struggle to compete with new entries if it is not relatable to younger generations. Millennials, Generation Z, and Alphas comprise the biggest global consumer demographic.
Collectively, they have significant purchasing power. The Zalphas (combination of Gen Z and Alphas), for example, could account for over 30% of luxury consumers by the end of the decade.
Further, these groups are the most exposed to the Internet and social media, where micro-content dominates. In other words, short-form marketing materials work better for them.
- Short-form videos such as Instagram Reels, Facebook Stories, and TikTok
- Snapchat with geofilters and 60-second videos
- Images or video carousels on Instagram
- Memes and GIFs
- Polls or surveys
- Quote cards
3. Repurposed Content To Give High-Performing Blogs New Life
Another reason that you may be falling behind your rivals is a lackluster content library. It could be that your best-performing blog posts do not attract the same level of traffic. Hence, you do not get better backlinks or online exposure.
Fortunately, today quality trumps quantity. You do not have to publish hundreds of copies to revive your content marketing plan. Instead, give your best blogs a second life.
Here are some ideas:
- Break down these posts into shorter, more digestible content, including social media posts.
- Add infographics and other visual assets. Optimize them for search engine optimization (SEO) by writing alt tags.
- Update information based on Google’s enhanced E-E-A-T guidelines.
- Research more effective keywords and incorporate them into your articles.
- Recycle the content in newsletters or e-mail campaigns.
- Convert text to videos.
4. User-Generated Content (UGC) to Leverage Your Brand Advocates
Any content produced by someone not associated with a company is known as user-generated content (UGC). This copy includes blogs, videos, social media posts, and product reviews.
A San Diego content strategy consultant might recommend UGCs revamp their digital marketing efforts to:
- Engage with customers and showcase customer satisfaction.
- Improve trust in the brand.
- Create a sense of community among customers.
- Make your business feel more authentic and relatable to your target audience.
- Empower your existing customers to become brand advocates.
A good UGC plan often includes the following steps:
- Define your brand campaign. Know the goals and prepare your marketing elements. One example is the hashtag that serves as the unifying feature of all posts.
- Identify your target audience and contact them with tailored content.
- Offer rewards or incentives for participation. These are discounts, contests, shoutouts, giveaways, or exclusive access to new products.
- Monitor and measure the success of your campaign.
5. Podcasts and Webinars To Widen Audience Reach
Podcasts and webinars have become effective content marketing ideas for several reasons because they:
- Promote thought leadership and expertise. They showcase your industry knowledge, experience, and expertise.
- Encourage audience engagement and community building. Live webinars or real-time Q&A sessions can address audience questions, provide personalized advice, and foster an ongoing connection with your audience.
- Increase brand visibility and reach. Podcasts, for instance, can achieve a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.6% until 2030.
- Help generate leads and sales. Your business can use them to capture, and nurture leads through the sales funnel. For example, you can require participants to sign up with their email addresses and names to receive a recording.
- Let you collaborate with industry experts. You can invite well-known leaders and mentors in your field as guests. This way, your brand gains more credibility.
6. Topic Clusters To Enhance Search Optimization
Sometimes your content marketing ideas, especially your blog posts, are ineffective because they are not properly optimized for search results.
Your site may be indexed, but it does not appear, at least on the first page. Rarely does an Internet user click on other pages for information.
How can you strengthen your SEO? One option is a topic cluster, a network of content organized around one main topic or theme. It can breathe new life into your business online by:
- Signaling to search engines the breadth and depth of your expertise in a particular subject area.
- Enhancing user experience by helping readers navigate through your content, find answers to their specific questions, and stay engaged with your brand.
- Maximizing content repurposing and amplification.
Read these step-by-step instructions on how to build topic clusters to get started.
7. Interactive Experiences to Immerse Your Leads
A sensory-rich and interactive environment creates immersive experiences. This innovation provides a unique way of delivering a brand message, connecting with your audience, and evoking certain emotions, such as nostalgia.
Some technologies you can integrate into your brand-new or existing content include:
- Virtual reality. It is particularly effective for travel, real estate, or entertainment businesses.
- 360-degree videos for behind-the-scenes footage, product demonstrations, or virtual tours.
- Augmented reality (AR), such as virtual try-on experiences for the fashion and beauty industries.
- Interactive web experiences, such as app gamification.
- Visual storytelling, including animations.
- Immersive audio experiences such as audio dramas.
Content marketing is constantly evolving, and your business has to adapt to stay relevant and competitive.
If you are experiencing a plateau, these seven ideas can support your revival efforts. However, you may need a more focused plan to make them effective.
Digital Authority Partners (DAP) is a San Diego content marketing strategy consultant. We use data-driven insights and technology to revise your optimization campaigns and make them winnable.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here