Why Custom Software Is the Best for Almost Every Business
Customizing applications is an effective marketing strategy that many San Diego businesses should consider. This article tells you why:
- Know the three ways it improves customer and user experience.
- Discover why hard-coding analytics is better and safer.
- Explore how a bespoke platform often leads to new business models.
- Learn the security features a custom platform can include.
- Find out how a more tailored application boosts revenues.
Build a UX-oriented, useful tool with an expert San Diego software development agency. Read below to learn more. Let’s go!
Watch this video to learn how Digital Authority Partners designs software that works for your business!
1. Enhances User Experience and Simplifies Their Buying Journey
On average, businesses convert at least 5% of their leads into customers. That is 250 people for every 5,000 prospects, when you do the math. It can even be lower, depending on the industry.
Why is it low? One possible explanation is the challenges present at every stage of the buying journey. The lead-capture form is so long that they cannot complete it. The app feels generic, and they immediately lose interest in it.
One of the primary benefits of San Diego custom software development is improving the user experience (UX) by addressing or eliminating significant barriers to conversion. It meets this objective in three ways:
- Seamless omnichannel experience
- Streamlined customer journey mapping
Like Amazon, San Diego businesses can use data analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence (AI) to match features and experiences with user needs. For instance, a La Jolla boat tour platform displays packages based on the customer’s past purchases, demographic information, or browsing history.
A San Diego custom software development agency also builds applications that unify a company’s several marketing and sales channels. This way, users can sustain a satisfying experience on their mobile devices or PCs.
This solution strongly benefits a brick-and-mortar store with an e-commerce shop. It can finally take advantage of the massive growth of the “buy online, pick up in-store” (BOPIS) approach.
Last, custom software can include technologies that map every user or customer interaction in detail. A business can then use the data to understand its market’s behavior, spot positive trends, and optimize every buying phase.
2. Allows for Hard-Coding Analytics
The best business is data-driven, and many analytics tools live up to the hype nowadays. G4, for instance, collects event-based information, so tracked metrics are more comprehensive, understandable, and useful.
To track, businesses can add tags to their website or use the Firebase SDK for their application. However, hard-coding analytics also provides significant benefits that California entrepreneurs should consider:
- They have more control over the data they can collect and how they use it.
- The software can gather information for metrics not covered by a third-party analytics tool.
- Businesses can get and analyze data in real time or much faster than the alternatives.
- It is more secure because it becomes less susceptible to breaches and problems external tools might experience.
Despite these advantages, hard-coding analytics requires expertise and thorough, consistent testing to ensure its data are accurate and reports are reliable. An experienced San Diego software development agency designs flexible, functional products that best fit the client’s needs and budget.
3. Leads to New Business Models
Money might not be everything in building a successful business, but it accounts for a huge percentage of what constitutes success. A financial cushion and steady revenue stabilizes cash flow, makes growth more sustainable, and allows companies to hire the best talent.
Custom software indirectly increases revenues by creating a memorable UX, streamlining the purchase process, or educating leads. All these often result in higher conversion and retention.
It also adds more funds directly to your coffers. As an example, a Gaslamp Quarter hostel can potentially increase its profits by including the following in its app:
- Exclusive deals and discounts for those with mobile bookings and reservations
- Local tours
- Premium room selection
- In-app dining reservations
- Virtual gift shop
- On-demand services
- Event ticket sales
- Early check-in and late checkout
- Photo printing
The hostel might also partner with relevant businesses in the area. The app can display nearby restaurants for a fee if the hostel does not have dining options.
4. Promotes Better Security
Customizing software also improves security, especially in protecting intellectual property rights and complying with industry and federal regulations.
With generative AI allegedly stealing content creators’ work, you need proprietary applications to protect copyrights, trademarks, or patents.
Besides filing these documents, a San Diego software development agency usually adds watermarks and signatures or uses a source code escrow to keep a copy in a secure location. It also vets open-source platforms and maintains regular backups.
Industry and federal laws also encourage a more personalized software design to meet the requirements. Take, for example, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) for healthcare. A compliant application should have the following features:
- Robust authentication methods, such as username/password, biometric authentication, or two-factor authentication
- Role-based access control
- Encryption of all data, whether in transit or at rest
- Secure communication through encrypted messaging and secure push notifications
- Audit trails and logging methods
- Remote wipe and device management
- Consent management
- Data minimization and retention
- Secure cloud infrastructure
Custom software development also automates compliance processes to reduce the risk of human error. Financial institutions can run online banking apps that generate real-time reports based on Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer regulations.
5. Generates More Revenue Through On-Point Branding
A well-executed branding strategy helps businesses earn more income through
- Brand recognition and recall,
- Market differentiation,
- A more positive perceived value, and
- Deeper emotional connection with the audience.
Cross-selling and upselling are easier because the brand becomes relevant and even necessary to the market. The company also improves customer retention and even breeds brand advocates.
Entrepreneurs can develop a strong brand identity with custom software development. Consider the McDonald’s app.
Its customers recognize the brand immediately with its golden-arch logo splashed on the app store page and inside the app. It also features the typography and UX design for which fast food is known: simple and minimal, with plenty of white spaces and yellow tones.
As consumers explore the app, they notice snippets of the brand’s value proposition, which is quick comfort food at an affordable price:
- The main page includes promotions and deals of the day.
- The other menus allow them to place orders to pick up curbside or without standing in line anymore.
- Because the McDonald’s platform is well integrated with the other channels, diners can accumulate points regardless of the device they use to order.
- Diners can pay using their credit cards or e-wallets, buy the item with their mobile devices, and pay at the store with an RF card connected to, for instance, ApplePay.
McDonald’s also maximizes AI to personalize recommendations. Users can receive promotions, updates, and custom content through push notifications, emails, or the app.
Customizing software is complex and challenging. However, these five benefits show that the advantages make it worthwhile for San Diego businesses that want to shine, comply with regulations, and earn more revenue.
Do you want to build an application? Digital Authority Partners (DAP) is an award-winning San Diego software development agency that has helped generate at least $1.5 billion in income for our clients.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here