5 Great Ways to Design Your Mobile App for Positive SEO
A well-designed mobile app can help your business stand out in today's crowded app market. But what good is an app if it is difficult for users to find? That is where excellent search engine optimization (SEO) comes in.
Working with a mobile app development agency, you learn substantial techniques for SEO success. In this article, we share five of the best:
- Optimizing in-app content
- Prioritizing speed and responsiveness
- Focusing on app navigation and user experience
- Encouraging user reviews
- Paying attention to App Store Optimization (ASO)
100+ companies trust us with their mobile app development needs. Watch the video below to learn why.
1. Optimizing In-App Content for Search Engines
Optimizing your in-app content for search engines is important when creating a mobile app. Doing this helps make your program easier for users searching for apps like yours.
You can follow several practices to optimize your in-app content for search engines:
- Use relevant keywords in your app's title and description. Relevant keywords are those that users type into search engines when looking for apps. For example, if your app is for food delivery, use keywords such as "food delivery" and "order food online."
- Include keyword-rich text throughout your app. To do this, include your program’s features, benefits, and how-to instructions. The more keyword-rich your content is, the more likely it is for users to find it.
- Make your app's content easy to read and scan. As much as possible, use short sentences and bullet points in your content, and use headings to break up the text. It is also important to use clear and concise language that is easy to understand.
2. Prioritizing Speed and Responsiveness
In a fast-paced world, users do not have time to wait for slow-loading apps. If your program takes too long to load, users simply uninstall it and move on to something else. That is why speed and responsiveness are critical to optimizing for mobile SEO.
To make your app load faster, follow these practices:
- Use lightweight images and videos. Images and videos can take up a lot of space, so use lightweight versions whenever possible. You can use tools, such as TinyPNG or Kraken, to compress your images without sacrificing quality.
- Minify your code. Minifying your code removes unnecessary whitespace and comments, making it load faster. Several online tools, such as Google Closure Compiler and YUI Compressor that can help you do this.
- Use a content delivery network (CDN). A CDN is a server network that delivers content to users based on their geographic location. It helps improve the loading speed of your app by delivering content from a server that is close to the user.
- Avoid using third-party libraries. Third-party libraries can add considerable weight to your app, so it is best to avoid them if possible. Should you need to use a third-party library, minimize it, and optimize it for speed.
In addition to loading speed, ensure that your app is responsive. It should look appealing and function well on all devices, including smartphones, tablets, and phablets. You can use a framework, such as Bootstrap or Foundation, to make your app responsive.
3. Focusing on App Navigation and User Experience
User experience (UX) is the most important aspect of mobile app development. Users are often on the go when engaging on their phones, so their time is limited for figuring out how to use an app.
Here is how to make sure that your app has a good UX:
- Keep it simple. The more complicated your app, the more difficult it is to use. Try to keep your program simple with clear and concise instructions.
- Use familiar patterns. People automatically associate certain patterns or symbols with actions. For example, they expect the main menu to be at the top left-hand corner of the screen and know that a trash can icon means delete. Take advantage of this familiarity.
- Provide feedback. Users need to know what is happening as they use your app. Feedback lets them understand what they are doing and how to effectively use the app.
- Test your app. Before releasing your app to the public, test it thoroughly to help identify and fix any usability issues before they impact your users.
4. Encouraging User Reviews
User reviews are a great way to improve your app's visibility in search results. They also help to build trust and credibility. Encourage users to leave reviews of your app by following these tips:
- Ask for reviews. The most direct way to encourage user reviews is by simply asking for them. You can do this in your app's settings, description, or through push notifications.
- Offer incentives. You can also offer incentives to users who leave reviews. Incentives can range from a discount on in-app purchases to a gift.
- Respond to reviews. When users leave reviews, respond promptly and professionally to show that you care about their feedback and that you are committed to improving your app.
5. Paying Attention to App Store Optimization (ASO)
App Store Optimization (ASO) involves improving your app for app store search results, meaning ensuring that the app is easy to find and download for potential users.
Most of the best ASO practices overlap with the best SEO practices. What makes ASO different is how app ratings, average scores, and the number of downloads can affect it.
Here are a few critical considerations:
- Create high-quality screenshots and videos. Screenshots and videos are a great way to show off your app and its features. Make sure that they are high-quality and visually appealing.
- Write a compelling app description. The description is your chance to sell your app to potential users. Make sure that it is clear, concise, and persuasive.
- Get positive reviews. Positive reviews are a great way to improve your app's ranking in the app store. Encourage users to leave positive reviews of your program.
Incorporating SEO best practices into your mobile app design can help your program reach its full potential. The pointers we shared above should help you start, but you also cannot go wrong working with a mobile app development agency. If you want to boost your mobile app’s online visibility, Digital Authority Partners (DAP) can help. Contact us today to learn more.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here