Can a Digital Strategy Consultant Help My Small Business?
Hiring a digital marketing expert is not just for large businesses and corporations. Your small business can also benefit from the experience and expertise of a digital strategy consultant.
A digital strategy consultant takes on various marketing challenges to help small businesses meet their goals by:
- Reducing costs and risks
- Providing marketing coaching
- Helping with planning and implementation
- Giving sound advice on technology implementation
- Assisting with digital sales and marketing
Find out how a digital strategy expert can help your business. Let’s go!
Watch this video to find out more about how Digital Authority Partners can create a great marketing strategy for you!
Reducing Costs and Risks
Small businesses have limited resources and are more vulnerable to economic fluctuations than larger enterprises. Meanwhile, customers may spend less during economic uncertainty, and demand for products or services may decrease. Thus, small businesses must be mindful of marketing costs to mitigate the impact of these events.
One of the excellent skills of a digital strategy consultant is helping small businesses improve their financial stability. They work with managers, employees, and other stakeholders to reduce marketing, advertising, and operational expenses. As such, small businesses can improve cash flow, reduce debt, and build up reserves for future investments.
A consultant can assist small business owners in minimizing their exposure to risks and improving their ability to manage them effectively. A consultant can:
- Identify areas for cost reduction. They may recommend automating processes or using cost-effective digital tools.
- Implement efficient processes to reduce the required time and resources to complete tasks.
- Improve digital marketing to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and generate leads.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with digital operations, such as cyber threats or data breaches, to prevent financial losses, legal liabilities, and reputational damage.
- Provide expertise and guidance on digital strategy, technology, and trends to help a small business stay competitive and adapt to changes.
Provides Marketing Coaching
Due to a lack of a dedicated marketing team or funds to hire external agencies, small businesses often have limited marketing expertise. Small business owners and employees can learn how to create and implement effective marketing strategies from a digital strategy consultant.
Consultants can tailor coaching to the small business's needs and goals, ensuring relevance. They can help create a business-focused marketing plan, including identifying target audiences, defining marketing messages, and selecting appropriate marketing channels.
A digital strategy consultant can guide small businesses in the following ways:
- Conducting a performance analysis and providing recommendations for improvement, including analyzing website traffic, social media engagement, email open rates, and more.
- Providing training and education on digital marketing strategies, tools, and best practices through webinars, workshops, or one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Offering guidance on developing and executing effective marketing campaigns, including content, social media, local business marketing, email marketing, etc.
- Conducting regular check-ins, performance monitoring, and adjustments to the marketing plan.
Helping With Planning and Implementation
A consultant supports marketing teams to reach the target audience, increase brand awareness, and generate leads. They also provide expert implementation, which may be difficult for small businesses without a marketing arm. Ultimately, a consultant helps a small business maximize marketing dollars and achieve a better ROI.
Besides, data-driven decisions are vital to successful marketing efforts. An expert strategy consultant can help small businesses analyze valuable data for informed decisions regarding their audience, campaigns, and performance.
A digital strategy consultant can ease marketing planning and implementation by:
- Developing a comprehensive marketing plan that outlines the business's marketing goals, target audience, key messages, marketing channels, and metrics for success.
- Conducting market research by analyzing market trends, identifying target customer profiles, and analyzing competitors' marketing strategies.
- Identifying marketing channels, such as social media, email, or blogs, to reach its target audiences.
- Implementing marketing strategies in different channels by guiding content creation, scheduling, and optimization.
- Analyzing and optimizing marketing performance by monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs), such as site traffic, social media engagement, email open rates, and conversion rates.
Gives Sound Advice on Technology Implementation
Implementing new technologies can be time-consuming and costly, and small companies may not have the resources to dedicate. Digital strategy consultants can help small companies choose appropriate technologies to stay ahead of competitors.
Consultants also help companies stay relevant as customer needs and expectations change. If customers expect to purchase products or services online or communicate with companies through social media, digital strategy consultants can identify technologies to meet such needs and expectations.
Small businesses can expect a digital strategy consultant to:
- Assess their current infrastructure and identify areas to implement new technologies
- Identify relevant technologies for the company’s industry and business needs, including marketing, sales, customer service, and project management tools.
- Guide vendor selection for new technology implementation, including evaluating vendors based on their features, pricing, customer support, and reliability.
- Create an implementation plan outlining the required steps to implement the new technology, including timelines, resource allocation, and KPIs.
Assists With Digital Sales and Marketing
A digital strategy consultant can help small businesses implement digital sales and marketing strategies without overspending. They ensure that small companies maximize their ROI by helping marketing teams develop targeted campaigns and tracking marketing and sales performance.
Consultants deeply understand the target audience and how to reach them effectively. Thus, they can guide small businesses in developing targeted messaging and other practical digital marketing tactics.
Part of sales and marketing is improving the customer experience. A digital strategy consultant collaborates with the marketing team to create a seamless, personalized customer experience across various touchpoints. They know that the best customer experience builds customer loyalty. Be sure to include these qualities when hiring a digital strategy consultant.
Consultants help marketing teams implement these strategies:
- Follow a solid marketing plan to help identify the target audience, develop messaging, and implement sales and marketing tactics to reach and engage customers.
- Apply a targeted digital marketing campaign, including SEO, PPC advertising, and social media and email marketing.
- Optimize website and landing pages to improve the user experience, increase conversions, and drive more sales.
- Provide analytics and reporting to measure the success of digital sales and marketing campaigns, as well as to identify areas for improvement.
A digital strategy consultant takes on many roles in a small business. They work with various teams, including marketing teams, to reduce costs and risks, provide coaching, plan and implement technology, provide sound advice on technology implementation, and assist with digital sales and marketing.
Consultants are marketing experts willing to go the extra mile to help small businesses succeed despite their limited resources and budgets. Do you want to discover how an experienced digital strategy consultant can help your small business? Find out today. Contact Digital Authority Partners (DAP).
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here