Which Las Vegas Businesses Benefit Most From Local SEO?
Although every business needs search engine optimization (SEO) to get the most benefit from their websites, any Las Vegas local SEO agency will tell you that the effects are relative. It means that strategies, such as local SEO, work better in some cases and for certain industries.
This article discusses which Las Vegas businesses greatly benefit from local SEO strategies. We talk about:
- What local SEO does for Las Vegas local businesses.
- Three top local SEO tips you need to use right now.
- Seven types of small businesses that need local SEO.
There is a lot to discuss, so get ready to take notes.
Watch this video to learn about the Digital Authority Partners approach to local SEO!
How Local SEO Helps Las Vegas Local Businesses
Local SEO is the branch of SEO that specifically deals with optimizing your website and content for local searches. Its primary purpose is to increase visibility and value for your local target market and includes managing citations, directories, and profiles as key features of its many strategies.
As its name suggests, local SEO can help Las Vegas businesses by attracting prospects who live in or might visit the area. It does not affect people in another state who have no plans to travel to Las Vegas, which would be a waste of time and effort.
Mostly, local SEO relies on ranking higher on search engine results pages (SERPs) to capture more traffic. It includes using optimal local keywords, creating business profiles, running paid campaigns, and other strategies. Below are three ideas to use right now.
3 Top Local SEO Tips Your Business Urgently Needs
If you feel unsure of where to start your local SEO journey to grow your Las Vegas business, it is best to consult a Las Vegas local SEO agency to get expert advice on what should work for your business and goals. With that said, here are three basic strategies that every business should know:
1. Register a Google My Business Profile
Your business’s name, address, and phone number (NAP) are the basic information needed for a Google My Business (GMB) profile. It might not seem like much, but your NAP plays a critical role in your local SEO rank because it enables your potential customers to directly contact you.
Although Las Vegas local SEO agency experts heavily advise claiming your GMB immediately, it is not the only one that matters. As the second-largest search provider, Bing is another platform where you should have an active profile. Apple is also one, given the ubiquity of its products.
2. Build up a Collection of Real Backlinks
Backlinks are another aspect of a local SEO strategy that contributes significantly to how your business ranks on SERPs and performs overall. Local businesses face a greater challenge in winning the trust of prospects, which is why GMB is considered a necessity by SEO experts.
On the other hand, verifying your business’s legitimacy through Google is often not enough for keen-eyed consumers. They want to know that you have other people's trust before they give you theirs. Make getting backlinks from authoritative local sources part of your local SEO plan.
3. Make Reputation Management a Habit
Getting and responding to reviews is critical for local SEO, especially for smaller businesses. People want their money’s worth, whether through the value of the product or the quality of the services provided. Often, they never really know the truth about a product or service until they become paying customers.
For this reason, reviews are important for supporting local businesses. A good Las Vegas local SEO agency encourages reviews when possible. Good ones act as positive social proof, and bad ones present a chance to learn and make it right for customers.
7 Las Vegas Local Businesses That Local SEO Helps Most
Although it is often reduced to its nicknames of “Sin City” or “Neon City,” Las Vegas has much more than just gambling and nightlife. With many companies recently moving to the city, local businesses have a growing market. Here are the top businesses that benefit the most from using local SEO:
1. Las Vegas is known for being a robust tourist destination, meaning local shops serving food and drinks are at the top of the list. Restaurants can effectively use local SEO to get more attention through GMB and any other online business listing, such as Tripadvisor.
2. Coffee shops are another part of the food service industry with much to gain from a strong local SEO strategy. They are important for locals and travelers who want to take an iced coffee break from walking in the hot Nevada weather.
3. Although entertainment is a major tourism draw for Las Vegas, not all of them are equal in popularity — not every place can afford performers such as Britney Spears or Usher. That means smaller entertainment venues must muster as much local SEO marketing power as possible.
4. Travel means that hotels and other housing accommodation businesses also need effective local SEO to convince visitors to book a room with them. Therefore, creating a profile on platforms where people can search by locale, such as Tripadvisor and Agoda, is vital.
5. Las Vegas wedding chapels are another iconic aspect of the city, given that most people (both locals and tourists) associate them with themed ceremonies. Now that Elvis-themed weddings are on hold temporarily, local SEO is essential for other themed weddings.
6. Las Vegas offers more than just gambling, shows, and marriage ceremonies. The city is also where tour companies shine. Whether for visiting popular hiking trails, sightseeing from a helicopter, or riding through the desert in style, local SEO immensely helps.
7. Many companies have moved to Las Vegas, and little by little, the city is working towards becoming an IT hub. This means that commercial real estate businesses have an opportunity to attract more clients. Using local SEO, they can connect with high-quality prospects and leads.
Local SEO is a major asset for local businesses, especially ones that want to or are struggling to increase their growth. Claiming your GMB and creating localized content that attracts backlinks are steps in the right direction for any Las Vegas local business.
Need help creating a Las Vegas local SEO strategy that works? Contact Digital Authority Partners (DAP) to learn how we can help.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here