Why Local SEO Makes Good Sense for Raleigh Small Businesses
Are your competitors advertising giants? Do you want to outperform them and increase your market share? If you answered yes to both, then local search engine optimization (SEO) is right for you.
A good Raleigh SEO company explores your needs and market to develop a solid local optimization plan that lets you enjoy these benefits:
- Targeted marketing that boosts CTRs.
- Business profiles that increase sales and conversions.
- A long-term organic strategy that lowers advertising costs.
- Unique, valuable, user-centric content that builds trust.
- Brand awareness that keeps you relevant and competitive.
Read below to learn about these benefits. Let’s go!
Want to learn more about how Digital Authority Partners approaches SEO? Watch this video!
1. Targeted Marketing That Boosts CTR
A click-through rate (CTR) is the percentage of people who click on your website link from a source, such as a search engine. The formula for CTR is:
(Total clicks on a link / Total impressions) x 100
A CTR does not imply a conversion and does not always result in a sale. However, it is a significant metric to determine your success in connecting with your target audience. In fact, it is a PPC metric for ad quality score checking that helps identify your ad rank.
The average CTR varies among industries, but the higher it is, the better. You want to attract as many leads as possible and raise your conversion rate.
The problem is that if you are a small business in Raleigh, you are less likely to have the intensive resources that established brands have to widen your reach and diversify your promotional channels.
However, you can be more strategic with your marketing approach through local search. Your overall site traffic may be lower, but leads are more targeted. They are people who are definitely searching for your content, reading your copies, and having a high interest in your products and services.
2. Business Profiles That Increase Revenue and Conversions
You should optimize your site for local SEO to increase traffic, rankings, and exposure. However, it is not the only place to convert leads. You should also use business directories, review sites, and listings. Great examples include:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Google My Business (GMB)
- Bing Places for Business
Even better, focus on regional sites to increase targeted traffic. In Raleigh, you have the Chamber of Commerce, your town’s directory listing (Cary has one), and Shop Local Raleigh.
Most of these sites offer features that help you engage and shorten the sales cycle to quickly realize revenues. For example, Google’s business listing has:
- A section where customers can leave reviews and ratings. With permission, use their testimonials as user-generated content (UGC).
- Google Posts, where you share updates, offers, events, and product highlights, as well as add strategic keywords for optimization.
- Business photos and videos for visual content.
- Private messaging for inquiries and customer assistance in real time.
- Insights and analytics dashboard, where you are able to view metrics such as the number of profile views and customer actions.
- Q&A section that displays the most frequently asked queries (a good place to optimize content for ranking).
- Booking and appointments, where leads can call, schedule a doctor's visit, or reserve a table at a restaurant.
3. A Long-Term Organic Strategy That Reduces Advertising Costs
Insider Intelligence forecasts that ad spending will contract after 2024. By 2026, it will slow down to 9.1%, compared to 10.5% in 2023. However, globally, it will still be equivalent to over $830 billion.
Although over 90% of businesses in the US are small, the big ones account for much of the spending. Established companies may allocate over 5% of their budget for marketing. Walmart alone spends billions a year on worldwide advertising.
The question then becomes how do North Carolina startups and small family businesses compete when they cannot set aside a huge chunk of their income for promotion? One solution is to work with a Raleigh SEO company to strengthen local search results.
Here is why:
- Businesses avoid wasting resources on reaching incompatible audiences outside of their target markets.
- Optimizing your website and GMB profile with relevant local keywords, geo-specific content, and accurate business information enhances your visibility in local search results.
- Positive reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations significantly affect your reputation and credibility, leading to increased trust and customer acquisition.
- Local search provides opportunities to collaborate with other local businesses and form partnerships. By joining forces, you co-promote each other, cross-refer customers, and share marketing resources.
4. Unique, Valuable, User-Centric Content That Builds Trust
Put yourself in the online customer's shoes. Suppose you have two new shops to consider. Which store would you likely pick: the one with uninspiring content and minimal information or the one with compelling content that answers questions, educates customers, and wins their trust?
The answer is clear. Creating user-centric content builds relationships because it inspires trust, promotes expertise, and highlights your knowledge about your target market. The audience will feel comfortable, believing that you understand their challenges and have products and services to solve them.
The best-customized content also guides and supports your leads’ needs at every stage of their buying journey. A Raleigh SEO company, for example, does the following:
- Create comprehensive guides and resources that provide valuable insights about Raleigh and its surrounding areas. For instance, if you own a restaurant in Raleigh, write articles about the city’s best local dishes, hidden gems, or food festivals.
- Share success stories and testimonials from satisfied customers. Highlight how your products or services have a positive impact on their lives or businesses.
- Stay up to date with local events, news, and trends in Raleigh. Write blog posts or create videos discussing upcoming events, community initiatives, or industry updates.
- Create landing pages optimized for specific local keywords related to Raleigh. If you offer healthcare services, create a dedicated page targeting keywords such as “Holly Springs urgent care” or “best dental clinic in Knightdale.”
5. Brand Awareness That Keeps You Relevant and Competitive
The saying “out of sight, out of mind” is certainly true in online marketing. Unless you stay consistent with your campaigns, scale, and adapt, you will slowly disappear into oblivion as competitors take over your spot in search results.
Local SEO helps keep you visible and extends your brand's exposure in the following ways:
- A schema markup to trigger appearing in the local map pack and knowledge panel.
- Topic clustering to improve your backlink profile and domain authority.
- Partnerships with local journalists for public relations (PR).
- Localized contests or giveaways to speed up engagement and boost following.
- Individual landing pages for multiple locations, each optimized with geo-specific keywords.
- Local events in Raleigh that align with your industry or target audience position your brand as an authority and enhance exposure among attendees interested in your industry.
Local SEO is a powerful tool to level the playing field for Raleigh’s small businesses. You can target a more relevant audience, decrease advertising costs in the long term, build trust and relationships, and increase brand awareness to stay relevant and competitive.
If you want all these benefits now, partner with Digital Authority Partners (DAP). As a reputable Raleigh SEO company, we have the expertise and knowledge to develop a solid local optimization plan tailored to your business needs and market. Contact us today to learn more.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here