What a Marketing Strategy Consultant Does for You (5 Tasks)
A marketing strategy consultant provides professional advice to businesses and organizations, helping improve the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns. With an expert San Diego marketing strategy consultant, companies can effectively develop marketing plans that meet their business goals.
This article highlights the five tasks that marketing strategy consultants perform for their clients.
- Conduct market research and analysis.
- Develop marketing strategies.
- Create marketing plans and campaigns.
- Provide data analysis and insights.
- Offer strategic guidance.
Read this guide if you are thinking of hiring a consultant. Let’s go!
Watch this video to find out more about how Digital Authority Partners can create a great marketing strategy for you!
1. Conduct Market Research and Analysis
A marketing strategy consultant can help businesses with market research and analysis. They initially identify and define their target market and gather data on consumer demographics, preferences, behaviors, and buying patterns.
With such information, companies can better understand their customers and tailor their marketing strategies to effectively reach and engage them. For example, a consultant can conduct market research for a San Diego real estate company, starting with a review of existing market reports. They provide competitor analysis and study real estate market trends to gain insights into the local market landscape.
A consultant then designs and implements a questionnaire to collect primary data from the target users, focusing on understanding customer preferences for residential and commercial properties. Finally, they analyze the collected data, look for critical patterns and trends, and present actionable recommendations based on their findings to the company.
Consultants use the following strategies to perform research and analysis.
- Analyze key competitors' strategies, strengths, weaknesses, and market positioning.
- Monitor market dynamics and emerging technologies to stay current on industry trends and consumer behavior.
- Use surveys, focus groups, and data analysis to understand customer preferences, needs, and motivations.
- Evaluate market opportunities, demand, and barriers to entry.
- Analyze market research data to draw conclusions and write actionable reports.
- Assist in market testing, such as pilot studies or A/B testing, to gather feedback and evaluate new products.
2. Develop Marketing Strategies
Marketing strategy consultants create effective strategies based on market research and the client's business goals. They define target audiences, positioning, messaging, and critical marketing objectives while considering budget, resources, and market dynamics to align with strategies and business goals.
A marketing strategy consultant helps San Diego businesses develop marketing strategies through these techniques.
- Examine the marketing landscape and the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT).
- Analyze local market data and consumer behavior to find differentiation and growth opportunities.
- Segment the target audience by demographics, preferences, and traits.
- Create compelling brand messages to help companies establish brand identity and positioning.
- Select the most effective marketing channels and tactics, such as digital marketing, traditional advertising, local content marketing, social media, and public relations.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to track marketing success and optimize and improve using data.
- Translate the overall marketing strategy into actionable plans, detailing marketing activities, timelines, budgets, and resources needed to implement the strategy.
3. Create Marketing Plans and Campaigns
As mentioned, marketing strategy consultants turn marketing strategies into actionable plans and campaigns, detailing tactics, timelines, and budgets needed to execute the strategy.
In a San Diego contractor company, consultants help develop detailed campaign plans, including selecting appropriate marketing channels, creating compelling messaging, and setting performance metrics for evaluation. They perform the following:
- Provide strategic guidance in developing marketing plans and campaigns.
- Help companies create buyer personas, represent their ideal customers, and create marketing plans that resonate with them.
- Help businesses develop unique selling propositions (USPs) and compelling messaging to create content, visuals, and marketing assets.
- Support businesses in campaign planning, budgeting, media planning, and marketing calendar management.
- Monitor and adjust campaigns to optimize performance and align with changing market conditions or business goals.
4. Provide Data Analysis and Insights
During and after a campaign, marketing strategy consultants analyze marketing performance data to evaluate the campaigns and its initiatives. They help you collect relevant data from market research, customer surveys, website analytics, social media platforms, and CRM systems.
Once they have the data, they analyze it and convert it into actionable insights for your company by doing the following:
- Discover data patterns, trends, and insights using statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization.
- Analyze KPI data and make recommendations to improve marketing performance.
- Segment customers by demographic, psychographic, or behavioral attributes to understand purchase drivers, engagement, and customer lifetime value.
- Compare businesses to competitors, identify strengths and weaknesses, and find differentiation opportunities.
- Measure campaign metrics such as reach, engagement, conversion rates, and revenue-related metrics such as return on investment (ROI).
- Create forecasting models and predictive analytics to predict market, customer, and industry changes.
5. Offer Strategic Guidance and Recommendations
Throughout your company’s relationship with marketing strategy consultants, they’ll use their expertise and industry knowledge to provide insights and advice on branding, customer acquisition, customer retention, digital marketing, and market positioning.
For example, consultants can help a San Diego skin care clinic address marketing challenges by helping them explore new marketing opportunities for skin care treatments and develop actionable strategies for success.
Consultants offer the following:
- Align marketing efforts with business objectives to provide strategic guidance.
- Set specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) marketing goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic advice based on market analysis, helping businesses understand market dynamics, consumer preferences, and competitive advantages.
- Help businesses develop and improve their brand identity and positioning by defining their unique value proposition, brand personality, and messaging.
- Evaluate and optimize the marketing mix, which includes the product, price, place, and promotion (4Ps), to provide strategic recommendations on customer preferences, market trends, and business objectives.
- Assess market opportunities, barriers, demand, and risks to aid market entry and expansion.
- Help companies find ways to differentiate themselves and gain a competitive edge.
- Provide information on market trends, emerging technologies, and changing customer preferences to help businesses develop long-term marketing strategies that align with their business strategy.
Marketing strategy consultants conduct market research and analysis, develop marketing strategies, create marketing plans and campaigns, provide data analysis and insights, and provide strategic guidance.
However, these tasks are just a snapshot of the consultants' activities. The specific functions performed may vary based on the client's needs, industry, and scope of the engagement. Find out how a San Diego marketing strategy consultant can improve your marketing campaigns and help you expand your reach. Talk to the experts. Contact Digital Authority Partners (DAP) today.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here