How Optimized Knowledge Graphs Help Users Find Your Business
Optimizing knowledge graphs is challenging and confusing. That is why you need the expertise of an SEO agency. The good news is that once you master the process, it quickly accelerates business growth.
This article outlines all the benefits you gain from knowledge base SEO. These include:
- Cementing your expertise and authority in your niche,
- Bringing your business right in front of your customer, and
- Matching your content with search intent.
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
3 Ways Optimized Knowledge Graphs Support Digital Marketing Strategies
By definition, knowledge graphs are the visual representation of various types of structured data. These graphs matter because they
- Help establish the relationship between elements (for example, they can let you differentiate between apple the fruit and Apple the brand)
- Improve the accuracy of information
- Enhance the user experience by displaying what could have been pieces of complicated information into digestible ones.
Knowledge graphs are such phenomenal tools that even Google has been using them to create UX-centric displays, such as Google Trends and Knowledge Panels.
What do the points mentioned above actually mean for your business?
We can answer that question in three ways:
1. Cement Your Authority in Your Niche
With artificial intelligence (AI) chatbots spewing wrong information and the notoriety of fake news, no one can blame Internet users for wanting to be extra careful. In other words, they do not immediately take your word for it.
In fact, this is one of the primary reasons the top knowledge graph optimization strategies focus on flaunting your industry knowledge or subject-matter expertise.
But this is only half of the story.
Knowledge Graph SEO elevates authority in your niche through the following:
- Having an active presence in Google’s Knowledge Graph keeps your data up-to-date and reliable.
- The Knowledge Graph has its information vetted by both machine learning and human sources, giving users trust in its results.
- It creates a consolidated gateway to obtain real facts instead of rumors or speculations often appearing online.
- This tool lets you quickly connect related topics, making you knowledgeable in your field.
- For the Knowledge Graph, you can use schema markups to optimize online reviews, ratings, About Us page, and Google My Business (GMB) profiles. All these mean that your business exists, people use your services, and many can vouch for your work.
Most of all, optimizing your knowledge graph compels you to create helpful content. In the process, you comply with Google’s new recommended search guidelines, enhancing the user experience and satisfying online user needs.
2. Put Your Business in Front of Your Customers
One quick Google search of your industry and you will immediately realize that you are not alone. You might even be up against thousands of competitors. Some might even be formidable or popular brands. This is on top of other challenges, such as shifting consumer behavior.
Marketing these days is not for the weak, and it might take a while before you see results from organic digital marketing methods such as search engine optimization (SEO). But you can get smart and use Google’s Knowledge Graph to bring your business up close to your target customers.
Here is how this tool can help increase your brand's visibility and awareness:
|Knowledge Panel||A distinct, prominent right-hand box or panel that provides a snippet about your business. These include your location, founder, and social media pages|
|Wikipedia||One of the main sources of knowledge graph data for Google; creating a page here helps you start building your own graph and capitalizes on the millions of visitors the website has|
|Google Trends||Gets triggered when many talk about your brand|
|Locations||The list of local businesses that usually appear before the organic search results; is often triggered by regional-based terms, such as “best restaurants in Houston” or “nearby Manhattan hotels.”|
Note that you cannot build a knowledge graph right away. If you are a startup or a small business with almost zero digital marketing, an article here or there will not encourage Google to make you one.
For this reason, you need consistent, persistent SEO and digital marketing strategies. However, having a Knowledge Panel also implies that people are already talking — and writing — about you.
3. Ensures Your Content Aligns with Your Target Market’s Search Intent
Is it not frustrating when you buy a pair of sneakers online and receive loafers instead? It is the same feeling your users get when they search for a keyword and get misleading results that do not fit their needs.
Search engines do not want that. To avoid these scenarios, they use systems and tools. One option for Google is the Knowledge Graph.
- Google Knowledge Graph utilizes sophisticated algorithms to efficiently match highly relevant content with perceived user intent. They consider numerous factors when making system decisions. These include synonyms and related topics, in-depth linguistics processing capabilities, and keyword analysis.
- This tool, introduced in 2012, also lets customers ask natural-language questions instead of relying on specific keywords. If a customer is searching for poodles, they can ask simple questions, such as “Where do I buy poodles?” or “Are poodles good pets?” as opposed to typing just “poodles” into the search bar.
- The search engine has different display options, depending on the user intent. For instance, it can include a map for local searches or the Knowledge Panel for specific brands, people, and places queries.
When your articles and keywords align with what the users want to see or read, you can now:
- Drive the right traffic to your website
- Reduce cost per acquisition (CPA) costs
- Improve your click-through and conversion rates
- Create more targeted marketing campaigns
- Generate more accurate market analysis data and reports
Knowledge graphs may be a behind-the-scenes tool for search engines such as Google. When harnessed, however, they can make your business search engine-friendly. It is helpful, user-friendly, and relevant.
For optimizing your pages, work with Digital Authority Partners (DAP). Our team deeply understands how search engines work and how users search for information. This trait alone helps us maximize technical strategies, such as schema markups and online business profile management.
Give your business the best chance to dominate the search results. Contact us today to hear our strategies for you.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here