Make a Strong SEO Strategy for Chicago Event Planning Firms
From large corporate events to private parties, Chicago event planning firms have a crowd-pleasing activities year after year. To keep bookings flowing, these companies rely on effective search engine optimization (SEO) to showcase their services and build clientele.
A Chicago SEO agency reveals effective SEO strategies for local event planning companies, including:
- Manage your Google Business Profile (GBP).
- Start blogging.
- Use a unique hashtag.
- Be part of a local chamber of commerce.
- Host local events.
- Submit your business to local directories.
- Optimize photos and videos.
Improve customer reach with local SEO. Let’s go!
Watch this video to learn about the Digital Authority Partners approach to local SEO!
Manage Google Business Profile Listing
To build business, event planners in Chicago must manage GBP listings. An optimized profile can help them rank higher in local search results, allowing potential customers to quickly find them online. Besides, it helps establish credibility, increase customer engagement, and improve sales.
In addition, Google uses the information in a GBP listing to help determine local search rankings. With the data provided by GBP's dashboard, an event planning company can better tailor its online presence to the preferences of its clientele.
Here are some local SEO strategies that can help event planning firms manage their GBP listings:
- Claim the listing by verifying business ownership.
- Update the business name, address, phone number, website URL, and hours of operation to optimize the profile. Add photos and videos to showcase the firm's events and team members.
- Monitor and respond to reviews that customers leave on the GBP listing.
- Regularly post event updates, planning tips, and team member profiles.
- Track customer behavior on the event planning firm's listing with Insights.
With blogs, event planning companies can establish themselves as thought leaders in their industry. By sharing their expertise, insights, and perspectives, they provide valuable content to their audience.
Blogging helps event planning firms increase their website traffic and engage with potential clients and build relationships. Firms can use blogs to showcase their work by sharing photos, videos, and stories about planned events.
Event planners can stay top-of-mind by regularly posting blog posts. In Chicago, where there are many event planners, this is crucial. These tips can help event planning companies start a blog:
- Define their target audience to determine who they want to reach through their blog.
- Choose a blogging platform such as WordPress, Squarespace, or Wix.
- Set up the blog by choosing a domain name, design, structure, and navigation.
- Create a content strategy with topics, frequency, and goals. Optimize content for SEO by adding keywords and links.
- Promote the blog through social media, email marketing, and other channels.
- Monitor the blog's performance and adjust as needed.
Use a Unique Hashtag
Event planners can boost their social media visibility by creating unique hashtags. People will recognize and associate the brand with planned events when they see the hashtag.
A unique hashtag encourages audience engagement. People can use the hashtag to share their experiences and connect with others who attended or are interested in attending the event. In turn, the events planning firm can use it to track social media mentions and engagement.
Chicago event planners can use the following methods to create unique hashtags.
- Brainstorm hashtag ideas with their marketing team.
- Check for uniqueness by researching existing hashtags.
- Choose a hashtag that is easy to remember and spell.
- Use the hashtag across social media, the company's website, and promotional materials.
- Monitor its progress and engage hashtag followers by liking and commenting on their posts.
Be Part of a Local Chamber of Commerce
Local chambers of commerce allow businesses to network, connect with clients and partners, and gain industry insights. Event planners can collaborate with local vendors, caterers, and event spaces.
A local chamber of commerce provides resources to help businesses succeed, including marketing, advertising, and development programs. Membership in it can increase an event planning firm's visibility among local businesses and residents and lend credibility by showing that it is established, professional, and committed to the community.
A Chicago event planning company can benefit from these tips:
- Research local chambers of commerce in the Chicago area, such as the Chicago Chamber of Commerce, the Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce, and the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce.
- Attend events hosted by the chamber to meet members and learn more about the organization.
- Contact the chamber's membership department to inquire about membership options and fees.
- Complete the membership application and pay any membership fees.
- Attend networking events, join committees, and use marketing or promotional opportunities.
Host Local Events
Event planning agencies can gain local exposure by hosting community events, which allows them to network and build partnerships and collaborations. These local events also provide valuable content for marketing purposes. An agency can use event photos and videos on its website, social media, and marketing materials.
By hosting a local event, an event planning agency can secure backlinks to their websites which increases search engine ranking. The steps outlined below can help a local event planning company host an event and improve its SEO:
- Determine the theme that best suits the company's branding and values.
- Identify the target audience and their preferences in order to customize the event.
- Plan the event's every detail to ensure attendees' satisfaction.
- Promote it through social media, email marketing, and other advertising channels.
- Follow up with attendees to thank them for attending and gather feedback.
Submit Business To Local Directories
Local directories help event planning agencies gain online visibility by making them easy to find. Moreover, backlinks from local directories boost local SEO and search results rankings for the agency's website.
Because many directories provide free or low-cost listings, being listed in them is a low-cost way for an agency to market itself, increase its credibility, and establish legitimacy.
Local event planning firms need to follow these techniques to ensure that the agency's listing is effective:
- Find relevant general directories such as Yelp, the Yellow Pages, the Better Business Bureau, and the White Pages. Local Chicago businesses should be in What Now Chicago, 312area.com, the Chicago Public Library, and the Chicago Tribune.
- Claim or create a business listing in each directory. Provide basic information about the business, such as the business name, address, phone number, and website URL.
- Verify the listing through a phone call, email, or postcard from the directory to get a code or link to confirm the business information.
- Optimize the listing by providing photos, videos, descriptions of services, hours of operation, and customer reviews.
Optimize Photos and Videos
High-quality photos and videos make websites and social media profiles more engaging and enjoyable, thus increasing visitor retention and conversions. They also help event planning firms highlight their expertise and creativity.
Just as optimizing photos and videos for a local tour boat company can increase traffic, the same is true for a Chicago event planning agency because Google uses visual content as a ranking factor.
Moreover, social media platforms such as Instagram and Pinterest are highly visual, so optimizing photos and videos allows event planning firms to increase social media engagement to reach more customers.
These steps can help optimize their pictures and videos for SEO:
- Use descriptive file names and alt tags that include relevant keywords.
- Add captions and descriptions to give viewers context.
- Compress files for faster load times.
- Upload videos to YouTube or Vimeo to boost search engine rankings.
A Chicago event planning firm can improve its local online presence by managing its GBP, blogging, using unique hashtags, and becoming a local chamber of commerce member. They may also host local events, join local directories, and optimize photos and videos on their website or social media site for SEO.
If you are an event planning business in Chicago and want to dominate the local market, partner with an expert local SEO company. Contact Digital Authority Partners (DAP) today.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here