How Technical SEO Can Bring Local San Diego Firms Success
Local search engine optimization (SEO) is not the only ticket to online success. A San Diego technical SEO agency can optimize your website beyond mere keywords to boost traffic and revenue.
This article shares five ways this optimization plan helps small businesses scale by supporting local SEO campaigns. A more extensive plan:
- ensures your website is crawlable and indexable;
- creates a more pleasurable user experience;
- improves your chances of getting a local map pack;
- strengthens your link-building strategy;
- makes your website friendly to mobile devices.
Watch this video to learn how Digital Authority Partners tackles Technical SEO!
1. Ensures Your Website Is Crawlable and Indexable
Before your pages appear in the search results, they should be crawlable and indexable. It means that:
- Search engine spiders or bots can visit your website, follow your internal links, and understand your content.
- Then the likes of Google and Bing can add your pages to their databases or servers. If someone searches for information using your keywords, they will see your site in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
It is not enough that search engines can crawl your websites, however. They should be capable of indexing them, too.
What you need to really have the best optimization doesn’t stop there. You also want to effectively manage your crawl budget (or the number of pages bots can visit each day). This way, search engines can index the pages you think can deliver the most traffic.
Technical SEO can help you achieve all these by:
- Making sure the robots.txt file, which tells spiders what pages to crawl, is correctly set up
- Creating an XML sitemap and submitting it to the Google Search Console
- Optimizing navigation using breadcrumbs and HTML tags such as H1s and alt texts
- Checking to see if your website has a manual action you should resolve
- Performing a technical site audit to identify broken links and issues that can affect your website’s indexing
2. Creates a More Pleasurable User Experience
Have you ever visited a website that you did not enjoy? How quickly did you close it and go on to check out the others? Perhaps faster than you might expect.
This is exactly the number one reason user experience (UX) matters online and why it is now a vital ranking factor among search engines. In fact, this single factor alone might be the ultimate explanation for why you can never get the first position on the SERPs.
Besides implementing these San Diego web development tips, you can improve your site’s UX without making huge changes in design. A digital marketing agency usually
- checks if you have 404 errors and if crawlable pages have a canonical tag;
- makes sure all files or images have proper alt texts;
- monitors page loading speed and optimizes it to ensure visitors stay longer on your website (e.g., lazy loading images or compressing files);
- uses the principles of Core Web Vitals that focus on performance, responsiveness, and visual stability;
- limits intrusive interstitials or page elements that obstruct a user's view;
- gets rid of duplicate content that might not provide substantial helpful information and confuse search engines on what and how to rank your pages;
- uses HTTPS instead of HTTP.
3. Improves Your Chances of Getting a Local Map Pack
If you are a brick-and-mortar store, restaurant, healthcare clinic, or any local business with a website and a physical location, you should strive to get a spot in the local map pack. It refers to the first three websites that appear on the search results for user intent that may relate to location. Examples include “pizza places in San Diego” and, simply, “pizza place.”
Due to your unique position, you will likely receive more clicks and traffic than do your competitors at the bottom.
Conversions are also faster. Customers can call your phone number directly, get directions through the attached Google Maps, and check out the menu.
Usually, optimizing your Google My Business profile is a local SEO firm’s job. But a San Diego technical SEO agency can execute strategies to complement it. These include:
- making sure the NAP (name, address, and phone) is included in your structured data;
- adding local schema markup;
- ensuring that local pages (if you serve multiple locations) are crawlable and indexable and that they appear when searches include the relevant city name.
4. Strengthens Your Link-Building Strategy
Search engines look at other factors when two or more websites have almost similar content or marketing angles. One of these is a link.
- Having more inbound links indicates that your content is worth sharing and is trustworthy and helpful. It provides websites with quality traffic, too.
- Internal linking helps you efficiently pass on link juice.
- The external links can help establish your relevance to your niche and enhance UX by providing more information about the topic.
A link-building plan is usually associated with off-page SEO. Technical SEO can be another reliable ally, like in local search optimization. For instance, it can:
- Check your backlinks and determine whether they are from authoritative or spam websites.
- Identify broken links, both internal and external ones.
- Avoid black-hat techniques, such as doorway pages, that can lead to a manual or algorithmic penalty.
- Analyze your domain authority (DA) score to get an idea of how competitive it is in the market.
- Look for link opportunities to connect with other websites that might help increase your ranking.
- Ensure that the 301 redirects are correct.
5. Makes Your Website Friendly to Mobile Devices
As of January 2023, smartphone apps with the biggest reach included Google Search and Google Maps, two free tools that can bring your local business in front of your target audience. However, you can only do that if you have optimized your pages for mobile devices.
To guarantee this, a San Diego technical SEO agency often performs:
- Mobile-Friendly Test to see if your site is optimized for all devices.
- Google’s Search Console Mobile Usability Report to be aware of any issues on your website that need immediate attention.
- PageSpeed Insights record how quickly a page loads on mobile devices (shorter loading time = better ranking).
Technical SEO benefits local businesses in more ways than one. It effectively establishes your authority in the SERPs and is cost-efficient for reaching more customers. With its help, you can index your pages properly and improve the user experience.
If you need help in this area, Digital Authority Partners (DAP) is a San Diego technical SEO agency that can quickly and efficiently do the job. Our optimization team takes care of everything from audits to full-page optimization. Contact us now, and let’s get started!
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here