Why You Can Benefit From Optimizing for the Coveted PAA Box
People Also Ask (PAA) is a popular Google search results element that gives users additional information about their queries. It tells users that they are not alone in looking for specific information.
We look at the PPA box in a different light. How this highly coveted search engine results (SERPs) element could be valuable for marketers in:
- Expanding top-of-funnel audience reach
- Leading searchers to your content
- Improving your credibility
An experienced SEO agency can help you optimize your site for PAA. Ready to learn more? Let’s go!
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to SEO? Watch this video!
Expanding Top-of-Funnel Audience Reach
Out of 2.5 million queries, around 48% were from PAA. What makes people looking at PAA results different from the average user? They are most likely very interested in the topic that they’re searching and are mainly in the awareness stage of the buying journey.
During this awareness stage, people seek more information about the products that they want, or the services that they wish to order. The PPA box helps by:
- Understanding what other users think about their query. Google gets the text for PAA boxes from search patterns and various trends, and links these to pages that provide the best answer. Therefore, the PAA could represent other users' online opinions.
- Double checking anything they may have missed. It is easy to feel overwhelmed, especially when you're intently buying something. The PAA box helps users remember anything that they may have missed. For example, searching for weight loss supplements may trigger questions like "What vitamins to take to lose belly fat?" or "What are fat burners?"
- Providing an extensive reach about a topic. People can expand their knowledge by exploring PAA box results. They will not just settle for the first few results, but will try to research the topic more extensively, which helps them make informed buying decisions.
Leading Searchers to Your Content
The PAA section is usually near the top of the SERP, just below the paid ads and above the organic search results. However, as users interact with the PAA by clicking questions and checking the answers, it expands to show more related questions and answers. This causes the PAA section to push the organic search results further down the page.
Google wants to provide users with the best possible search experience and optimize your content to be at the top of the SERPs. The PAA leads searchers to your content. It helps users with related questions and provides them with additional information that may be relevant to their search queries.
With the PAA section, Google provides users with quick access to information, while still providing them with relevant organic search results. Because there is no way to predict if your pages will end up as part of the PAA, there is no way to tell if the PAA appears on the SERP's top, middle, or bottom. It pays to diligently optimize your pages. These strategies can help:
- Perform keyword research. Create a list of keywords that you want to rank for and Google them to determine what PAA results they produce. When you get questions that you’d like to target, add these to your outline site. Note the answers to these questions and create better ones.
- Optimize existing content. Check your primary and secondary keywords using Google search. Find out if these keywords were able to make it to a PAA box. If they do, look for a place on your blog or website landing page for relevant questions, then come up with your answers.
- Include an FAQ schema. Format your content so that headings are questions, and answer these questions on your own. For a yes or no question, start the answer with yes or no to address the question at once.
Improving Your Credibility
Another reason to consider optimizing your pages to be in the PAA is that being featured in this section can dramatically increase your credibility. People regard the PAA as a way for Google to suggest other experts' answers to their queries.
Thus, people view your pages as relevant and valuable, which can improve the credibility of your website. Users are more likely to trust and engage with helpful and informative content. It also demonstrates your expertise on the topic, making your website a trusted source of information and increasing its authority over others.
Being featured in the PAA section can also increase a website's visibility in the SERP, providing an additional opportunity for users to discover the website's content. The increased exposure builds brand awareness and improves overall credibility.
If a website's content is engaging and informative, users may be more likely to click through to the website from the PAA section. Increased engagement can signal to Google that the website is a valuable resource for users. This can improve its rankings and credibility over time. Focus on the following ways to enhance page credibility and become part of the PAA:
- Research possible questions before you start writing. You know your subject matter well, but there is other content written about the topic that you still need to explore. Improve your expertise by researching your topic. Google your keywords and check the results. Accordingly, revise what has been written or check for content gaps.
- Look for statistics to support your content. Back your theory or argument with statistics and research. Place these in your headings and write figures numerically to further interest readers and attract their attention.
- Ask experts for their opinions. Show your audience that you want to provide them with the best information about the topic from experts in your industry. You not only get expert wisdom to share, but also get their support to then share your article once it’s published. Doing so helps your content reach more people online.
- Bold key facts. Around 73% of people say they skim through blog posts, and only 27% admit reading content thoroughly. Therefore, bold sentences have key points for your audience to quickly see. In addition, use headers to divide content so that people can check sections to quickly find information.
Promote your business and reach more people by optimizing your pages to reach Google’s “People Also Ask." By optimizing your pages for PAA, you expand your top-of-funnel audience, lead searchers to your content, and improve your business’s credibility.
Learn how PAA can optimize your reach, and how talking to experts can enhance your authority. To learn more, contact Digital Authority Partners today.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here