Best Guide To Successful Plastic Surgeon Content Marketing: 11 Tips
Plastic surgery is booming, and every plastic surgeon faces intense competition. How do you stand out online? The key is well-executed content marketing for plastic surgeons.
This guide lists five impactful strategies that bring in clients, retain existing patients, and scale your business fast:
- Target nearby leads with local search engine optimization (SEO).
- Take advantage of the power of video marketing.
- Build brand awareness quickly with paid ads.
- Create a satisfying user experience (UX).
- Don't forget the basics.
Are you ready to take your plastic surgery marketing to the next level? Learn more about each of these healthcare content marketing tips below.
5 Productive Content Marketing Ideas for Plastic Surgeons
Marketing your plastic surgery practice doesn’t require novel content marketing tactics. In fact, it pays to stick to what works.
But internet search engines have criteria you should meet. Google, for instance, wants all healthcare-related copy to be accurate, updated, relevant, and useful. After all, your content can potentially impact a person's wellness.
So tweak these tried-and-tested content marketing strategies as need be, to match your specialty and expertise. We'll include examples along the way.
1. Target Nearby Leads With Local Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Do you know that many of your target leads are only a few miles away from you? Many studies have already shown that most prospective clients don't want to travel far for their needs and wants, including plastic surgery.
This benefits your business too, since promoting your brand in your local community is often more cost-friendly.
That makes local SEO one of the best content marketing strategies you can use. Local SEO is a set of techniques that allows you to appear in relevant search results when people look up terms related to your business.
Here's an overview of how to do it:
- Create a Google My Business profile and fill out all the fields, especially the business description.
- Optimize the profile with location-specific keywords. For example, if your medical practice is in Ohio, include "plastic surgeon in Cincinnati" or "Ohio plastic surgery" in the description.
- Include NAP (name, address, and phone number) on your website's contact page, as well as in the footer of every page.
- Add local schema markup to further improve your chances of appearing in relevant search results.
- Write geographic-related articles, such as "5 Best Plastic Surgeons in Cincinnati."
- Encourage reviews from local patients.
- If you're running a clinic in different places, set up a separate website and GMB profile for each and then target local keyword phrases.
2. Take Advantage of the Power of Video Marketing
Video marketing delivers one of the highest returns on investment (ROI) for two reasons: versatility and potency. You can harness these factors to promote your practice online.
- Create different video content types. Consider before-and-afters, facility tours, day in the life, behind-the-scenes, patient testimonials, procedures, and educational pieces.
- Host virtual events, record them, and develop gated content, such as free access in exchange for emails.
- Set up brand-centric social media channels. Make one long YouTube video and then splice it into short-form videos for TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Incorporate videos in email marketing, blog posts, and landing pages.
3. Build Brand Awareness Quickly With Paid Ads
Medical SEO works, but it takes time to see results. To maximize time and jump-start brand awareness, pair it with paid ads.
With pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and social media advertising, your results are almost immediate. They can deliver massive amounts of traffic, especially in the short term.
But how can plastic surgeons run a cost-effective medical PPC campaign? Here are great ideas:
- Run extension ads. This feature lets you display site links, callouts, structured snippets, and location information with your ad copy.
- Invest in Google Shopping. This type of campaign is perfect for promoting physical goods, such as skincare products.
- Use remarketing ads. These are display ads that show up on sites visited by people who have engaged with your brand before, such as those who have visited your website or watched one of your videos.
- Hyper-personalize the advertisements. Take advantage of advanced targeting options and deliver a highly personalized ad experience to your target leads. Pick specific locations or audience segments, such as women between 40 and 60 years old.
- Track your ad performance. Set up conversion tracking so you can see which campaigns, ad groups, and keywords generate the most leads. Doing so allows you to adjust your budget and focus on what's working.
4. Create a Satisfying User Experience (UX)
You've probably heard that UX is all about making an easy-to-use website design. But in the context of marketing, it's also about persuasion.
A good UX can help you increase brand awareness, build customer loyalty, and drive conversions.
Here are some tips on how to do it:
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
- Use persuasive CTAs (calls to action). Try using words like "discover," "learn more," or "find out how."
- Embed images and videos to break up text and add visual interest.
- Include testimonials, trust symbols, and security badges.
- Create a clear content structure. Use headings, subheadings, and bullet points.
- Make the forms short and easy to fill out.
- Improve the readability and accessibility of your content.
5. Don't Forget the Non-Negotiables
Even with the best content marketing strategy, your efforts won't pay off if you ignore the non-negotiables. These include:
- Google's E-A-T guidelines. Google's Quality Raters' Guidelines indicate that the search engine strongly emphasizes E-A-T (expertise, authority, trustworthiness). Make sure your site meets these standards.
- Healthcare laws. Comply with healthcare laws, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), to avoid hefty penalties and lawsuits.
- Medical board regulations. Check your state medical board's website for specific regulations on advertising and marketing. For instance, some boards require doctors to include their license number in all ads.
- Consistency. If you want to see great results from content marketing, make it a long-term effort.
Content marketing for plastic surgeons can be very effective in building brand awareness and generating leads. And this guide will help you achieve your business goals.
But this is not a one-time gig. It requires commitment, regular monitoring, compelling content, and a deep understanding of your brand and audience to work.
Digital Authority Partners (DAP) makes healthcare content marketing easier for you. As a reliable digital marketing firm, we help you develop and execute a solid customized content marketing strategy. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our services.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here