How To Use the Best Digital Marketing Methods in Healthcare
Digital healthcare content marketing is a growing area of interest for many reasons. Most importantly, it’s a vital strategy for increasing online visibility that anyone in the healthcare industry can use.
That is why finding effective methods and strategies can significantly impact your online reach and customer base.
In this guide, we’ll go over five of the best ideas to try for healthcare digital marketing:
- Practice good SEO
- Master video marketing
- Utilize social media
- Reinvent your strategy
- Plan using analytics
Let’s talk about the basic what, how, and why of healthcare digital marketing.
Practice Good SEO
To succeed in healthcare digital marketing, you must rank high in the search results. You want to appear on the first page of the search engine results page (SERP), at the very least, if not at the top of it. To do that, you need to practice good search engine optimization (SEO).
Good SEO tells search engines that you’re the best at what you do or close to it. It’s not good enough for search engines that you know how to do your job. You must be the right person for the job.
To practice good SEO, make sure you know:
- which keywords match your patients’ needs,
- what type of content works best for you and your goals,
- how to write the most convincing titles to get attention.
If you feel overwhelmed by all of this, don’t be. Plenty of resources online can point you in the right direction.
The actionable steps you can do right now are:
- using Google Trends to do in-depth keyword research,
- trying different types of content and reviewing your analytics (more on this later),
- making effective SEO headlines using your keyword phrase and engaging words.
It’s best to partner with a healthcare SEO agency to do the heavy lifting for you. They are just a click away.
Master Video Marketing
One of the top healthcare marketing tips you can use right now is video marketing.
Keep in mind that you don’t need highly produced video content to succeed. You only need to be authentic. After all, most smartphones today have powerful enough cameras, and decent lighting can work wonders for video quality.
Here are some tips when leveraging videos for marketing:
- Publish video testimonials from valued customers with their consent.
- Create video profiles for yourself and your healthcare experts and staff. People today want to know a lot about their healthcare provider before booking an appointment.
- Capitalize on online trends like catchy soundbites and dance challenges when making your video marketing plan to quickly gain traction online.
- Use educational content to emphasize your knowledge and expertise and make medical content more accessible to the average person.
The goal is to make potential clients feel more connected with you, less intimidated by medicine, and more open to your services.
Utilize Social Media
Social media is one of the best ways to reach a large audience at zero cost, with over 4.62 million active users reachable with a smart device, according to DataReportal.
Start your social media strategy with the following:
- Ask yourself: Who is my target audience? What type of content do I want to make? Which social media platform works best for my content?
- Review social media statistics to get a better idea about what combination of platforms fits your goals best. DataReportal also found that ads on online video platforms have a high success rate in converting users to customers, so using both YouTube and Instagram can positively impact your customer reach.
The goal of social media isn’t one-sided interactions. Rather, your social media page is another digital storefront where clients can preview your services, review customer feedback, and contact you directly.
Reinvent Your Strategy
It’s not always necessary to go outside of your comfort zone to find success. Sometimes, a simple retouch of what works or previously worked can still give you excellent results.
While email may seem like an outdated method for healthcare digital marketing, it’s an excellent example of this concept. Healthcare email marketing might seem straightforward, but many things can go wrong if you don’t plan properly.
Let’s look at some common problems in email marketing:
- Text-heavy messages get ignored or stay unread.
- Marketing emails go straight into the spam folder.
- Visual elements don’t attach or display correctly.
- Essential details get buried under unnecessary information.
- Emails sound unfriendly when poorly written.
These are only a few reasons why reinventing your marketing strategy is crucial. A simple way to address the issues above is by following the elements of good medical website design and good email marketing.
Fix your email strategy by doing the following:
- Remove anything unimportant from your subject and message.
- Inform the recipient beforehand and ask to be whitelisted.
- Focus on the message you want to send.
- Add a call-to-action button and make it easy to find.
- Proofread and remove anything spammy and mechanical.
Like everything else, it will take a while to find out what works best for you. At the very least, avoiding the spam filter brings you another step closer to reaching your audience.
Plan Using Analytics
Creating a successful digital healthcare marketing plan requires a lot of information, and your analytics is a good source of this.
Here are two things you need to identify when checking your analytics:
- the parts that successfully convert users to customers,
- elements that don’t generate any interest or new customers.
With that information, you can do one of three things to update your marketing plan.
- Focus on what works and continue working in that direction.
- Address problems that prevent your strategy from working.
- Continue what already works while revising the parts that don’t.
It’s not an either-or situation, but only a matter of preference and priority. After all, the key to improving your analytics is improving your strategy.
Whether your analytics are good or bad is not as relevant as how you address them. Even good results show you areas where you can further enhance your digital healthcare marketing strategy.
It’s good practice to review your analytics every now and then to have a solid grasp of how well your ideas work in the short term and long term.
Now that you have several good ideas to work with, it’s time to start building your marketing plan. If you want to know which of these methods works best for your brand, contact Digital Authority Partners today to work with our SEO experts!
Want to meet with our team?
Book a meeting directly here