How Does a Digital Strategy Consultant Help Businesses?
Everything seems digital now, from advertising and marketing, to research, to customer service. If your business still uses traditional strategies to get by, your customers may soon migrate to your competitors.
Develop a digital strategy to effectively and efficiently embrace these changes. A digital strategy consultant can help your business:
- Determine technology potential
- Focus on technology differentiation
- Prioritize IT strategies
- Improve business operations
This article gets into the details of these. Let’s go!
Watch this video to find out more about how Digital Authority Partners can create a great marketing strategy for you!
Determine a Business’s Technology Potential
In today's fast-paced business environment, businesses that are slow to adopt new technologies risk falling behind their competitors. A digital strategy consultant’s unique skills can help determine technology potential and identify the most relevant and beneficial technologies.
Consultants determine technologies that streamline business processes, improve productivity, and cut costs. Their goal is to improve efficiency and increase revenue for their clients. A digital strategy consultant determines the potential of technology by:
- Identifying emerging technologies that may be relevant to the business.
- Evaluating the competition by determining how they use technology to gain an advantage.
- Considering how technology can improve the customer experience, such as developing a mobile app, using chatbots for customer support, or personalized product recommendations.
- Developing a technology roadmap that outlines the solutions that best meet the company's needs.
- Implementing and monitoring technology solutions and adjust as necessary to ensure that expected results are delivered.
Focus on a Company’s Technology Differentiation
Technology differentiation is the use of technology to create unique products, services, or business processes that set a company apart. This helps a company attract customers looking for something different or innovative.
With technology differentiation, consultants help a company boost brand recognition, customer loyalty, and market share. They use technology to create unique products or services, which can lead to a rise in profit margins and revenues.
Consultants understand that technology differentiation future-proofs a business and keeps its products and services relevant. When checking the traits of a digital strategy consultant, also look for consultants who will regularly evaluate needs, plan and deliver instructions, and re-evaluate progress. They should promote technology differentiation by:
- Conducting a technology assessment of the company's current infrastructure, processes, and systems.
- Outlining the technology solutions that best meet the company's needs.
- Monitoring the performance of the technology solutions and adjusting as necessary to ensure that they deliver the expected results.
Prioritize IT Strategies
Small businesses may not have enough budgets to adopt the latest technology solutions, but that does not mean they cannot update their business processes. A digital strategy consultant helps small companies prioritize IT strategies and streamline business processes. They can carefully assess marketing and advertising needs and allocate budgets accordingly.
Considering that more people are accessing the internet on mobile devices, a digital strategist may propose prioritizing mobile optimization. Businesses must ensure that their digital marketing efforts are optimized for mobile to serve their customers. Mobile optimization strategies include responsive website design, mobile-friendly email campaigns, and targeted mobile advertising.
In addition, digital strategists can identify IT strategies to manage risks. They would work to implement cybersecurity measures, disaster recovery plans, and data backup systems. As a result, companies protect their assets and minimize the impact of potential disruptions.
A consultant can help companies prioritize their IT strategies through these:
- Understanding a company's short-term and long-term goals, to determine how IT strategies can help achieve them.
- Assessing current technology infrastructure, systems, and processes to identify areas where IT strategies improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifying potential IT solutions to help the company achieve its goals, including new hardware or software, data analytics tools, or cybersecurity measures.
- Estimating the scope, costs, and timelines of IT projects.
- Analyzing the cost and return on investment (ROI) of implementing each solution, to determine which provides the most significant value.
Improve Business Operations
A digital strategy consultant helps improve business operations by assessing the company's technology infrastructure and processes and identifying opportunities to streamline workflows, automate tasks, and reduce manual labor. Businesses can expect improved operational efficiency and reduced costs as a result.
When it comes to marketing operations, a strategist can improve efficiency and reduce the costs of marketing campaigns. They work with marketing teams to create a detailed plan outlining each campaign's goals, target audience, messaging, and tactics. This plan ensures team alignment with the overall strategy.
A strategist can measure the marketing efforts' success and identify improvement areas. Key performance indicators (KPIs) include website traffic, conversion rates, and social media engagement. They also analyze data and make data-driven decisions about marketing strategies and tactics.
A digital consultant can improve marketing operations in many ways, including:
- Conducting a thorough digital technology assessment of the company's infrastructure, processes, and systems.
- Developing a strategy based on the assessment that outlines specific initiatives and projects that can improve marketing operations.
- Working with the marketing team to implement initiatives and projects, such as deploying new software, upgrading hardware, etc.
- Providing training and support to employees, to ensure their proficiency in using the new technologies and processes.
- Optimizing the performance of new marketing processes to ensure that it delivers the expected benefits. They collect data, conduct analysis, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Providing recommendations for content creation, such as relevant topics and trends based on customers’ needs, pain points, and buying behavior.
- Helping to select content platforms relevant to customers’ preferences. Consultants explore new platforms to further improve the company’s marketing operations.
- Improving digital marketing strategies continuously by regularly reviewing and identifying areas where technology can improve efficiency, profitability, and customer experience.
A digital strategy consultant's work encompasses several business functions, from operations to marketing. A business can benefit from a consultant's industry experience and knowledge of the latest technology trends to improve their company. A consultant can determine a company’s technology potential, guide them through technology differentiation, and prioritize IT strategies.
They also improve business operations, especially in developing marketing campaigns. Your business can make the most of partnering with Digital Authority Partners (DAP), an expert digital strategy agency. Contact us today.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here