Effective PPC Agency Hiring Tips and Questions
If you use pay-per-click (PPC) ads for marketing your business online, you've probably encountered some issues. To succeed in PPC, start with testing copies, then improving page quality and managing ad spending efficiently. It’s tough for novice marketers but a breeze for a PPC agency.
Hiring a competent PPC agency can help you increase your online visibility. With an expert handling your PPC campaign, you can expect better ROI. Discover the finest with these effective PPC agency hiring tops and questions.
Top PPC Agency Hiring Strategies
A professional PPC agency will help you plan and execute your campaigns from start to finish. But how do you know if an agency can help you with PPC? How do you find the right agency? These hiring tips can help you.
1. Consider Transparency as a Critical Quality
To achieve the best results from a PPC campaign, you'll need a PPC company's expertise. You'll make a plan and anticipate outcomes within a certain time limit. So, your target agency must be transparent about its process, daily results, and progress toward your PPC goals.
A reputable company will provide you with reports without being reminded. Based on your site analytics, they will schedule meetings to discuss your PPC progress. Through campaign audits, they can also weed out bad practices while promoting good ones.
2. Take Time To Set Goals and Expectations
Choose a firm that sets reasonable targets for your advertising. The foundation of any PPC campaign is setting clear, attainable, and relevant goals. Expectations that are too high hinder teamwork.
3. Choose an Experienced PPC Agency
You want a company with extensive experience in your industry. They must have the best talents and the most current market understanding. It is vital to hire a company that understands your market, your customers, and how PPC may help them find you.
An experienced team will maintain your PPC campaigns better, so expect more successful ads. With their deep knowledge of PPC, they can tailor your ads spending, set reasonable limits, and eliminate budget waste.
4. Consider the Agency’s Reporting Strategy
What reporting style do you require? Do you want reports every day, every week, or every month? Do you prefer in-person consultations, or will an email suffice? In ensuring seamless information dissemination, a PPC agency's reporting strategy should match your expectations.
A reliable agency must be reachable and ready to provide information even when on the move. It would be preferable if you could work with a dedicated campaign officer rather than speaking with a different representative each time.
5. Check Agency’s Pricing Model
There are different pricing models available for PPC agencies. Almost every company has a unique pricing strategy, so knowing this information upfront helps you choose the best agency.
There are five pricing models, each with its pros and cons.
- Hourly rates – the most straightforward model that keeps your pricing under control. However, it discourages quick optimization.
- Ads spending percentage – some agencies charge around 10% of the ads spend, while some can go from 15% to 20%. You'll see the growth of your campaigns and scale your budget quickly. Be careful; this can lead to wasteful spending.
- Ads spending percentage plus management fee – some firms may charge a monthly retainer fee or a flat rate. This model lets you focus on campaign ROI instead of your ad spending.
- Charging based on performance – this model motivates your team to perform better. But this could be a big waste if you don’t have quality leads.
- Charging based on campaign milestones – this pricing model is established during onboarding. Payments increase once your PPC team hits set goals.
Questions To Ask a PPC Company
You can't find all the information you need by browsing an agency's website. Take the time to ask the following questions through email, phone call, or by talking to a representative.
1. How Long Have You Been in the Business?
PPC is complex and ever-changing. A company with years of experience in PPC understands what they are doing and anticipates industry trends. However, tenure does not always guarantee excellence. Make certain that the agency has a solid track record in the industry during the years they have worked there.
2. Do You Have Case Studies and Verified Reviews?
Ask about feedback from previous clients. With this information, you can gauge the agency's expertise. The agency may refer you to customer reviews, testimonials, and case studies on their site.
3. Can You Tell Me More About Your Technical Expertise?
A PPC agency must also possess technical knowledge and expertise in web design and development, as your PPC ads' success also depends on quality landing pages.
4. What Are Your Other PPC Services?
It would help if you had a complete package, a team that can pull a successful PPC campaign till the end. You need an agency that can also help you with native advertising, display ads, local services ads, shopping ads, campaign remarketing, etc.
5. How Do You Go About Keyword Research?
Keywords will make or break your PPC ad campaigns. The right PPC agency must use a thorough keyword research strategy with competitor research, keyword guidelines, negative keywords, etc.
6. When Can I Expect Results?
PPC agencies may guarantee quick results but are these possible? A good agency must provide a realistic timeframe based on your campaign. And if things don't go well, they must have contingency measures in place.
Hiring a PPC agency entails more than simply looking for the right fit. You must ensure that you are hiring a company that will deliver excellent results on time. You require a top-tier PPC agency to generate higher ROI and move you closer to your business objectives. Allow these suggestions and questions to help you make an informed decision.