Quick Guide to Why Every Mobile App Needs Great ASO
Whether it is an app for shopping, banking, ridesharing, or gaming, having excellent app store optimization (ASO) ensures that your application reaches people who need it. Investing in ASO strategies should be part of your mobile marketing plans.
An experienced mobile app development agency in Chicago says every mobile app should follow ASO because it can:
- Improve organic installations.
- Help with local search engine optimization (SEO).
- Lower user acquisition costs.
- Boost your chance to become featured in app stores.
Follow this ASO guide to optimize your mobile app. Let’s go!
100+ companies trust us with their mobile app development needs. Watch the video below to learn why.
Improve Organic App Installs
Global mobile app downloads reached about 255 billion in 2022, thus proving that more people rely on such tools to perform various daily tasks. Developers can use ASO to rank their apps higher in app store search results.
Users tend to download apps displayed at the top of the search results pages. Therefore, apps that rank highly in app stores have more chances of getting downloads and installs. Ensure that when optimizing your app, however, you include information about its features and benefits to help users make better, more informed choices before downloading.
A mobile app development company can help boost app installs using the latest ASO strategies, including:
- Identifying the keywords and phrases typically used to search for apps through tools like Google Keyword Planner, App Annie, and Sensor Tower.
- Optimizing the app title by making it short, catchy, and descriptive.
- Creating a compelling description, including a clear and concise summary of what the app does and its key features.
- Monitoring and following the constantly updated Apple App Store app review guidelines or Google Play Store preview asset best practices.
Help With Local SEO
ASO and local SEO may seem like two completely unrelated strategies.
- ASO ranks mobile apps in app stores, while local SEO ranks digital content in local search results like Google Maps and local business directories.
- ASO boosts app discoverability and user engagement, while local SEO boosts local search results for businesses and services.
- ASO aims to increase the number of app downloads and usage, while local SEO aims to increase website traffic and physical visits to businesses.
- ASO primarily targets mobile users, while local SEO targets mobile and desktop users.
However, the truth is that ASO can improve the business's local SEO efforts by increasing the app's popularity and relevance in the local market. A mobile app development agency would apply ASO tactics along with local SEO.
Experts include location-specific keywords to create localized app titles and descriptions. They use the name of the city, neighborhood, or region or use optimized keywords such as “near me,” “local,” and “nearby.”
Aside from these mobile app best practices, they encourage local customers to leave a review to support its credibility and relevance in the local market. They also improve app images and videos to promote its features and promote it via local marketing channels such as social media, business directories, and community events. Finally, developers update their apps regularly to ensure relevance to their local users.
Lower User Acquisition Costs
User acquisition costs refer to the expenses associated with acquiring new users for a mobile app, such as advertising costs, referral fees, and promotional expenses. It is typical for developers to ensure that their apps have lower user acquisition costs to maximize their return on investment (ROI).
The mobile app market is highly competitive, and it can be challenging to stand out among the thousands of other apps available. You can invest in other areas, such as mobile app improvement or product development, by lowering user acquisition costs. This, consequently, helps ensure sustainable growth for an app.
Note that high acquisition costs lead to a high cost-per-install (CPI) and can be difficult to sustain over time. By reducing such costs, you and your developers can focus on acquiring high-quality users who are more likely to engage with the app longer.
With ASO, developers can lower user acquisition costs by:
- Increasing visibility and discoverability by optimizing the app's listing with relevant keywords
- Improving conversion rate using compelling visuals and a clear description, such as information about mobile apps and when to use them
- Offering free app trials to encourage people to try out the app
- Offer gifts, coupons, or add-ons for every download. For example, downloading a dieting app gives users access to a free calorie counter calculator or e-book.
Boost Your Chance to Become Featured in App Stores
Getting your app featured on the app store home pages helps improve your business's credibility and reputation because of the store’s endorsement. That also means you can attract more people to download your app, leading to higher mobile app revenue. As more people install your apps, you also get opportunities for more in-app purchases.
Other long-term benefits of getting features in the app store are increased brand recognition, loyalty, and word-of-mouth promotion. The following strategies increase your app's chances of getting featured:
- Include high-quality screenshots and videos to show features and benefits.
- Add a review prompt within the app to ask users to rate and review your app.
- Build a solid user base by promoting your app on social media, app review sites, and other online channels.
- Stay up to date with app store guidelines and trends.
- Engage with the app store team by providing feedback, participating in beta testing, and sharing your app's success stories.
- Hire a mobile app development agency in Chicago to help you with mobile app development and optimization.
Every mobile app needs ASO because optimization improves organic installs, lowers acquisition costs, and helps with local SEO. ASO also increases an app’s chance to become featured in app stores, significantly boosting visibility, engagement, sales, and revenue.
Your business or organization needs an app. Partner with an expert mobile app development company to create the best app that correlates with your business goals. Contact Digital Authority Partners (DAP) today.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here