Why Local SEO Is Great for Chicago Businesses (Checklist)
Local search engine optimization (SEO) is critical for businesses that want to survive the competitive Chicago market. Working with a Chicago local SEO agency helps companies find people who need their products or services, promote their brand, and improve their revenue.
This checklist includes the following reasons why local SEO is great for your Chicago business:
- Promoting visibility in local searches
- Improving site and foot traffic
- Increasing return on investment (ROI)
- Boosting authority and brand awareness
Use this checklist as you consider local SEO in your digital marketing campaigns. Let’s go!
Watch this video to learn about the Digital Authority Partners approach to local SEO!
Promote Visibility in Local Searches
People usually look for products or services nearby when they want to immediately buy or order specific services or products. Businesses, therefore, must appear in local searches if they are to meet these customers’ needs. This is where local SEO helps.
In Chicago’s highly competitive market, implementing local SEO strategies can significantly enhance the discoverability of a business. This increases the online visibility of a company while boosting its presence on popular review sites and online directories. As a result, the business can build a solid reputation in the community as a trustworthy and reliable option.
Here are worthwhile local SEO techniques to use:
- Create and optimize a Google Business Profile (GBP) listing to help a business appear in Google Maps and Local Pack results at the top of local search results.
- Research local keywords relevant to your location and industry to help search engines understand your company's context and relevance to local searches.
- Optimize your site’s on-page elements, including content and structure, to make it more search engine-friendly.
- Add your business name, address, and phone number (NAP) to local citations, ensuring absolute consistency and accuracy to improve your visibility.
Improve Site and Foot Traffic
Increasing website and foot traffic drives sales and revenue. As said earlier, local SEO promotes visibility, leading to more inquiries, leads, and people visiting your business website or physical location. With this, you can interact with customers and learn more about their needs and preferences.
With higher website and foot traffic, you gain a competitive advantage over other companies in your industry or location because you have a better chance of increasing your market share. You can improve your site and foot traffic by:
- using relevant local keywords, landmarks (e.g., Millennium Park and Wrigley Field), points of interest, and language on your website to optimize for local search queries and appeal to your audience’s interest;
- targeting local keywords and incorporating them into your content and meta tags, alt text descriptions, etc., for example, using “hair care in Chicago,” “Chicago hair color,” or “Haircuts in Chicago” if you operate a hair salon in Chicago;
- using tools like Semrush and Moz Local Listing to update online directory listings, thus improving your business's visibility and credibility and driving more traffic to your website and physical location;
- adding local elements to the website, such as neighborhood maps, storefront photos, clocks, and weather;
- taking advantage of the many searches now done on mobile devices, using structured data, optimizing meta tags, targeting voice search, creating mobile-friendly content, and improving mobile site speed.
Increase Return on Investment (ROI)
ROI is a measure of the profitability of an investment and is calculated by dividing the net profit from an investment by its cost. A higher ROI means your investment generates more profit for your business. It makes your company more competitive by enabling you to invest in new products, services, or technologies to stay ahead.
Local SEO strategies help improve your ROI by allowing you to rank higher in local search results and attract more visitors to your website or store. Since these people are actively looking for products or services you offer, they are more likely to order or purchase from you.
Use these tips to apply local SEO and boost your ROI.
- Improve website conversion rates by optimizing landing pages and other website elements.
- Increase your local search engine rankings to make it easy for potential customers to find your business.
- Use targeted marketing to reach customers in specific geographic locations.
- Focus on cost-effective advertising strategies like Google Business Profile Optimization, online directory listings, and local content marketing.
- Increase customer engagement by adapting a mobile-friendly web design, using location pages, and updating contact information leads to more repeat business and a higher customer lifetime value.
Boost Authority and Brand Awareness
Since local SEO promotes visibility, it also helps improve authority and enhance brand awareness. That means you can establish a unique identity and reputation as well, allowing your business to stand out in the crowded market.
Your marketing campaigns are more likely to resonate with your customers and produce better results when your company has a strong brand and reputation. Customers tend to recommend a trustworthy company that also provides good service, so you can expect increased business referrals — a valuable and cost-effective type of marketing.
Here are some ways local SEO can help you
- generate more positive customer reviews on GBP, Yelp, and Facebook platforms, thus helping boost your business reputation and increase your authority in the local community;
- create local content, such as blog posts, videos, and infographics, that establish your business's authority on local topics and demonstrate your expertise in the local market;
- promote social media engagement to build brand awareness, susequently building a community of loyal followers who are more likely to recommend your business to others;
- build local link-building strategies from reputable sources, such as local newspapers and blogs. Note that backlinks are a top SEO ranking factor, so do not overlook this technique.
Local SEO has numerous benefits for Chicago businesses. SEO promotes visibility in local searches, improves site and foot traffic, increases ROI, boosts authority and brand awareness, and optimizes local presence. Use this checklist while working with a Chicago local SEO agency and discover why local optimization is critical to your digital marketing campaigns.
Contact Digital Authority Partners for more insights on local SEO today!
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here