How to Market Your Plastic Surgery Practice Online
The world has fallen in love with plastic surgery. Forbes described this "affair" as a growing industry with millions of breast augmentation, liposuction, and eyelid surgery procedures carried out in the past years. If you're a cosmetic surgeon and want to grow your practice, take advantage of the insatiable demand; you must consider SEO for plastic surgeons as one of your digital marketing strategies.
Search engine optimization (SEO) uses optimization tactics to boost your website’s popularity. People who look for plastic surgery specialists will likely start their search online. You want your business website to be there to welcome your new clients.
Let’s find out more about SEO and how these strategies can change the way you market your practice online.
Want to learn more about the Digital Authority Partners approach to MedSpa trends? Watch this video!
Five Online Marketing Strategies for Plastic Surgery Experts
As people rely more and more on the internet to look for professional services such as cosmetic surgery, you must build your online reputation early on. With a robust and optimized website, you can lead your would-be customers to your local business.
1. Study Your Market
Developing sound and effective marketing strategies begin with a careful study of your market. If your cosmetic procedure expertise is breast enhancement, you must consider market data, the latest trends in breast enhancement, and other relevant marketing strategies. You can also check your competitors' services, products, promos, etc.
Consider what women who want breast enhancement are looking for. Understand the right approach to market your expertise to these customers and use these data to develop the right marketing strategies.
Here are a few tips:
- Conduct surveys, quizzes, and question-and-answer tools to find out more about your market.
- Create your buyer personas and develop keywords to fit these personas.
- Consider your clients' culture (e.g., how eager are they to talk about breast enhancement?).
- Get the opinion of your customers.
- Engage in competitor analysis. Learn from your market competitors.
2. Consider Content Optimization
Your website won't attract customers if it lacks optimized content. Your content could be anything on your website, not just text or posts. Content can be videos, images, infographics, or anything that promotes your services or products.
Before, marketers believed that stuffing your content with keywords could help you gain a higher ranking online. Nowadays, search engines heavily penalize keyword stuffing. Instead of optimizing your content, search engines will end up banning your website with this practice.
Google does not use keywords to rank websites, but it considers the site's usefulness and market authority. Also, optimized websites with updated information can rank higher than those with outdated content.
Here are some tips to optimize your plastic surgery website content:
- Produce the best content for your target market.
- Include calls-to-action (CTAs) in your content for easy conversions.
- Use the right keywords for easy indexing.
- Improve image sizes.
- Reduce plug-ins that slow down your website loading time.
- Use a reliable host to improve overall website performance.
3. Start With Social Media Marketing
Social media has played a massive role in promoting businesses, big or small. Plastic surgery clinics use social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to connect with their audience. They use social media to promote their expert services, latest promos, and reputable brand.
If you already have a business social media account, you're ready to create an optimized platform. If you are new to using social media for business, there is no reason not to start today.
Here are ways to optimize your social media accounts:
- Use your keywords in your social media content for easy indexing.
- Complete your social media profiles. Include photos of your business location or clinic.
- Create a brief but concise description of your business and services.
- Use the right hashtags in your posts or updates.
- Include high-quality images and engaging videos in your post.
- Add CTAs to your content.
- Interact with your customers and audience. Thank people for good reviews and assist those with complaints and issues.
- Update your social media profile regularly.
- Use chatbots to assist customers 24/7.
4. Use Pay-per-click (PPC) Ads
One way to market your brand and improve traffic to your business website is using PPC ads. You need to pay hundreds of dollars to post a traditional online ad on search engines, websites, and social media. Your ads might not reach your customers. But with PPC, you pay only when someone clicks on your ad.
PPC ads appear on the search engine results pages (SERPs), website banners, and social media pages. On SERPs, your ads will be at the top, where interested people can readily click them.
You can expect quick results, even as soon as you set your PPC ads up. But it would be best if you optimized your ads to get the best results.
Here are ways to do it:
- Include your keyword in your PPC ad title and description.
- Use ad extensions to improve ads success. Extensions such as call extensions, location extensions, snippet extensions, message extensions, affiliate location extensions, price extensions, and review extensions apply to plastic surgery clinics.
- Create a separate PPC ad for every location and campaign.
- Optimize your landing pages with fresh, helpful, and professional content.
5. Dive Into Site Analytics
Starting website optimization includes a better assessment of your site, while every marketing campaign must conclude with site analytics. Analytics allows marketers to track visitor activity and locate site pages that are performing well and those that are underperforming.
Data that you gather from web analytics will help you create better and more effective marketing strategies in the future.
You can improve site analytics by:
- Creating an engaging site to reduce bounce rate
- Improving popular webpages
- Enhancing keywords to enhance targeting
- Improving traffic from referrals
Your plastic surgery practice is on its way to success with SEO. SEO can boost site traffic, improve brand recognition, and promote your expertise. Adding SEO to your marketing arsenal will help you grow your business locally.
Want to meet with our team?
Book a meeting directly here