How New Dentists Use Standout PPC Ads To Win More Patients
Pay-per-click (PPC) ads allow businesses to connect with customers actively looking for their services or products. For new dentists, PPC helps them promote their brand of care, ensuring they target the right patients at the right time.
However, it takes standout PPC ads to attract more patients. This guide is about using the winning strategies that create the best ads:
- Use the best dental keywords
- Customize landing pages
- Enhance local targeting
- Allow call-in leads
- Monitor results
Find out how PPC for dentists can help your practice or business. Let’s go!
If you want to learn how Digital Authority Partners can increase your PPC effectiveness, watch this video!
Use the Best Dental Keywords
For a PPC ad to reach the right people, it needs relevant keywords. The right keywords drive conversions, sales, and revenue. To find the right keywords, marketers conduct thorough research and consider the following PPC tactics when conducting keyword research:
- Find out the terms patients use when looking for dental services or products. Use keyword research tools such as Google Keyword Planner.
- Focus on conversational terms, because people use these to search using smart devices and voice assistants.
- Identify local keywords such as “near me” and dental services, plus city keywords (e.g., pediatric dentist in Chicago).
- Use long-tail keywords, because these terms are more specific and thus target particular customers.
- Look at competitor keywords to find missed opportunities and inspiration.
Marketers create a list of relevant dental keywords and optimize their paid ad titles, descriptions, ad bodies, and landing pages. The right keywords can also improve websites, social media, and blog posts. Well-optimized ads are visible in search results and, thus, are more likely to get clicked.
Dentists gather patients' health information (PHI) to inform their care and marketing efforts. They must comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) regulations. HIPAA ensures health professionals have measures to safeguard PHI and inform clients when they gather and use their information.
Customize Landing Pages
Once patients click an ad, they land on a page where they find the offer, product, or service mentioned in the ad description. The landing page's content and format are critical to the overall success of the ad. It has to be concise, providing details of the offer and guiding patients on what to do next.
For example, an ad about dental implants offering 30% off leads to a landing page that features the offer. The page concisely lists the offer's benefits, striking relevant images, and a sign-up box. A strong call-to-action (CTA) message tells the patient what to do next. CTAs can ask them to sign up for the offer, download a guide, or take advantage of a discount.
The ad has to engage the patient and make them want the offer ASAP. Dentists can add a countdown timer to show that the offer expires at a specific time. They can include messages to tell patients to hurry or that the products they need are in limited supply.
Enhance Local Targeting
Dentists serve local markets. With local targeting, PPC ads become relevant to a specific market and, thus, show up in local search results. Marketers include local keywords in their ad copy and landing pages to enhance the local targeting of a San Diego dental clinic. They target local keywords such as “San Diego dentists” or “dentists near me.”
Patients also use specific dental services as keywords, such as “teeth whitening in San Diego” or “San Diego root canal.” Focusing on these keywords by placing them on ad copy and landing pages ensures effective local targeting.
Adjusting targeting on the paid ad platform ensures ads reach their market. Dentists use Google Ads and social media platforms for their ads. In Google Ads, they can adjust targeting for a specific city, region, county, or country. They can also exclude targeting a particular place to ensure efficient use of ad budgets.
Meanwhile, social media platforms such as Facebook also allow businesses to target specific locations. They can either type the area or use the drop-pin method to specify a place on a map.
Allow Call-In Leads
Patients might want to book an appointment immediately, whether for a terrible jaw ache or a chipped tooth. With a call extension, patients can call the dental clinic to book an appointment or inquire about the clinic's services. A dental ad with a call extension gets more clicks than regular ads. Marketers use these tips to optimize their call-in PPC ads:
- Use a local phone number to show that the dental clinic is in the target area or city
- Assign someone to pick up the phone
- Create a script for the receptionist to ensure customer service consistency
- Add a message extension to the ad to allow patients to leave a message in case they can’t reach the clinic by phone
Call-in leads can significantly improve click-through rates, conversions, and revenue. It makes ads more relevant, especially to people looking for immediate medical care.
Once set, PPC ads can produce results almost instantly. Marketers should be ready to receive and analyze results. Regular monitoring of PPC ads helps ensure their targeting is on point and PPC budgets are efficiently used.
Dentists have to understand several metrics to effectively monitor and analyze PPC campaigns. Here are the most important:
- Impressions are the number of times ads appear in search results.
- Clicks are the number of times users click the ad.
- The clickthrough rate (CTR) is the percentage of users who clicked the ad. It is one of the most essential metrics that tell the story of ad performance.
- The average cost per click (CPC) is every time a user clicks on the ad.
- The conversion rate is the percentage of users who selected the ad and converted. Conversion depends on the action the marketer wants the user to perform, such as buying a product, signing up for a newsletter, or booking an appointment.
- A quality score (QS) is measured on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the highest. QS indicates ad, landing page, and keyword relevance.
Regular monitoring also ensures dental PPC ads remain competitive. Ad copy and landing page versions are tested and monitored to create compelling ads that meet the dental clinic's marketing goals. New dentists who want to use PPC marketing can benefit best from learning basic PPC agency marketing terms to understand how this strategy works.
New dentists can create standout PPC ads by using the best dental keywords, customizing landing pages, and enhancing local targeting. They also need to activate call extensions and monitor results regularly. This ensures constant optimization of keywords, ad copy, and landing pages for on-point targeting.
These strategies can help create effective PPC ads that generate more leads, conversions, and sales. Partner with the top PPC agency for dentists. Contact Digital Authority Partners for the latest in dental PPC strategies.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here