11 Good Reasons Your Company Should Invest in a Mobile App
Mobile apps are on the rise, and every mobile app development agency in Chicago wants you to know that you should prepare for it. Thankfully, apps are no longer exclusive to large corporations with big budgets. Businesses like yours have good reasons to get started now.
This guide dives into what mobile apps are and why to invest in developing one, including:
- A short discussion on the importance of mobile app development
- Eleven compelling reasons to make an app for your business
There’s a lot to discuss, so get ready to take notes.
100+ companies trust us with their mobile app development needs. Watch the video below to learn why.
Why Are Mobile Apps Important for Business?
A mobile app is not just for show. It has as much utility for your business as it does for your end users. Take, for example, the popular music streaming platform Spotify. It allows users to listen to their favorite artists and discover new ones, while earning from ads and app subscriptions.
In other words, a mobile app extends your business’s online appeal and reach. Therefore, your mobile app development plan should consider several factors to be successful. User experience (UX) is among the most important, as are your business goals and strategies.
If you are not convinced about investing in mobile apps, look at these eleven perfectly good reasons to start working with a mobile app development agency in Chicago. These reasons have been broken down into three categories.
5 Major Reasons To Invest in Mobile Apps Now
Working in mobile app development is a good exercise in understanding why good customer service is extremely important. Many businesses (even large corporations) fail to make a usable app, because they fail to consider what truly matters for existing and prospective clients.
When you make it work, you’ll quickly realize the many reasons there are to invest in developing a proper mobile app for your business. While justifying the cost may be a bit challenging, a well-made mobile app is worth it. Here are five reasons to which every business owner can relate:
1. An excellent mobile app provides you with another way to monetize your business, as well as your content. It does not have to involve subscriptions or in-app purchases. You can earn by signing up for an ad platform and integrating the ads into your mobile app.
2. Businesses invest in apps is to connect better with their customers. A mobile app is handy, as it grants users immediate access to your content. It is also a quick and convenient way to send product or service updates.
3. A captive audience interacting with your content through the app is vital, because you can observe how your target market behaves. For example, what do they like most about your brand? By allowing them to opt-in to sharing anonymous data, they will reveal what they like (and don’t like) most.
4. A mobile app can make your content or service available offline. That means websites whose core products are their high-quality content can benefit significantly from hiring a mobile app development agency. If available, an excellent in-house app development team is also an option.
5. As mentioned above, an app keeps users constantly engaged with your content. While it does not directly add to website traffic, by providing your target market with another way to know your brand is a plus. It adds to your business’s overall branding and reputation.
3 Ways Investing in Mobile Apps Boosts Revenue
With the push for mobile apps, you can expect to gain a lot from the anticipated rise in mobile app usage. Apart from enabling paid ads, mobile apps give customers another option for directly transacting with your business.
According to Groove Technology, forecasts say global app downloads in 2023 should reach 299 million. That is up 50% from where it was in 2018, and an increase of 24 million mobile app users from 2022. If you are not convinced yet, read below for the three ways that mobile apps can increase profits:
1. Mobile apps provide another leverage platform to attract new customers to your business. For instance, social media apps were the most downloaded mobile apps in 2020. Even Disney+ (which launched in late 2019) was among the year's top-grossing.
2. Mobile apps are invaluable for e-commerce platforms because of the convenience and flexibility for customers. Apps enable them to start and stop browsing through products wherever and whenever it suits them. Convenience is key, because today people expect fast, if not instant, service.
3. Completing this list is customer service. You might have heard, or learned from real-life experience, that retaining customers costs much less than getting new ones. Apps help with this because they make assistance, especially for troubleshooting, readily available.
3 Reasons a Mobile App Makes You Competitive
Apart from having indirect benefits to your business’s search engine optimization (SEO) and revenue stream, a mobile app is essential because it makes you more competitive. If your competitors have mobile apps, you will struggle to keep up if you choose not to have one.
The suggestion here is not to rush your mobile app to the stores. Jumping on a bandwagon is not a good or sustainable idea, especially if you’re unprepared. You’ll need to be smart in your approach, like in the reasons below.
1. Start with a good look at your competitors. The increasing democratization (accessibility) of technology means that more and more companies feel comfortable investing in mobile apps. Ignoring this trend can leave you at a considerable disadvantage in the long run.
2. Mobile apps make you more visible to consumers. Depending on what you choose to do and how you apply it, you can appear on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, or be available on operating systems including Windows, macOS, Linux, and Chrome.
3. Building an app is like putting together pizza. You can choose how you make it and what goes in it. This means you can experiment with device features to offer users a truly unique experience. Nothing gets people talking more than something that’s novel.
Developing a mobile app is a big investment with no guarantee of success. It is, therefore, sensible for your company to be hesitant. However, there are also plenty of legitimate reasons to consider whether investing in one is worth it.
Need help deciding whether to invest in a mobile app for your business? Contact us to learn more.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here