Top Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs a Mobile App Now
Today, people more frequently rely on mobile phones to find information, locate businesses, and to shop. Whether selling products or offering professional services, small businesses should utilize this growing customer behavior by investing in mobile app development to connect with more customers and increase sales.
This article is about why a small business needs a mobile app.
- Engages more customers
- Promotes sales
- Boosts customer retention
- Provides an excellent marketing investment
- Increases brand awareness
Hiring a mobile app development agency in Chicago should be part of your advertising strategy.
100+ companies trust us with their mobile app development needs. Watch the video below to learn why.
Engages More Customers
Mobile apps allow businesses to personalize the user experience, building stronger customer connections. By using browsing history, purchase history, and location data, companies can tailor the content, offers, and promotions to each customer's specific needs and interests. User engagement can be any of the following:
- Send push notifications. Mobile apps can send push notifications to users to keep them engaged and informed about new products, services, or promotions. You can personalize these notifications based on user behavior and preferences.
- Promote loyalty programs. Apps create and manage loyalty programs to encourage customers to make repeat purchases. Customers can earn points or rewards for purchases, referrals, or social media engagement, enabling them to stay engaged with the business through the app.
- Gamify an activity. Mobile apps can incorporate gamification elements, such as rewards, challenges, and badges, making the user experience more fun.
- Offer easy checkout. Mobile apps make the checkout process quick and easy, reducing the user’s likelihood of shopping cart abandonment. Features such as, saved payment methods and one-click checkout, make shopping seamless and convenient.
Mobile apps can be a powerful tool for promoting sales for businesses. A study on global mobile app downloads revealed that consumers will download 143 billion mobile apps from the Google Play Store in 2026, up from 111 billion in 2021.
Small businesses should take advantage of this consumer behavior and invest in mobile app development. Here are ways that mobile apps can promote sales:
- Increased visibility. Businesses can increase their visibility among mobile device consumers by having an app. They can easily be downloaded and installed on smartphones, and consumers can quickly access the app to browse products or services.
- Enhances personalization. Mobile apps are customizable to suit the preferences and interests of individual users. By using data and analytics, businesses can personalize their app content, promotions, and recommendations to match the needs and interests of their customers.
- Promote repeat purchases through loyalty programs. Mobile apps have the ability to create and manage loyalty programs for customers. Small businesses can offer rewards, discounts, and other incentives through the app, encouraging repeat purchases and customer loyalty.
Boosts Customer Retention
Boosting customer retention is key for small businesses. Personalized mobile apps have a range of benefits for companies looking to increase customer retention. Businesses can create a seamless and engaging customer experience, leading to improved loyalty and repeat purchases.
Learning about white label vs. custom app development can help with devising better mobile apps. Quality apps can increase customer retention by:
- Improving convenience. They provide customers with a convenient way to engage with businesses. They can also increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, by making it easy to access products or services online.
- Enhancing personalization. Customize apps to suit the preferences and interests of individual users. By using data and analytics, businesses can personalize their app’s content, promotions, and recommendations to match the needs and interests of their customers.
- Providing in-app messaging. Business apps can offer an in-app messaging feature, allowing customers to communicate with the business directly. Apps can be great for quickly resolving issues, improving customer satisfaction, and building brand loyalty.
Provides a Great Marketing Investment
When it comes to online shopping, around 85% of consumers prefer to use apps than mobile sites. Small businesses with efficient mobile apps are sure to get better consumer sales and increased revenue. A mobile app is a good marketing investment for promoting customer engagement and brand recognition.
Still trying to decide if your business needs an app? The following reasons should help convince you:
- Increase customer engagement. A mobile app provides customers with a convenient and personalized way to stay connected with the business. Through apps, companies can keep customers engaged and informed about promotions, new products, services, and more.
- Improve brand recognition. An app provides a consistent user experience that reflects the brand's values, mission, and identity. By including branding elements like logos, colors, and fonts, businesses can reinforce their brand’s image and make it more memorable.
- Enhance access to customer data. Apps gather customer data such as user behavior, preferences, and demographics. Small businesses can use this data to understand their customers and, hence, make data-driven decisions about their strategies.
- Boost targeting. Having a personalized mobile app improves market targeting. The practice of using data and analytics to personalize content, promotions, and recommendations for individual users enhances the relevance and effectiveness of marketing efforts.
Increases Brand Awareness
Mobile apps are very significant for improving brand awareness. Using their smart apps, customers can easily recognize your products or services, and use them to browse and shop your e-commerce site.
Apps also show how much a business values its customers' time, by helping them to quickly and effortlessly find what they are seeking. Additionally, companies can build brand awareness because these apps:
- Increase visibility. Because apps can easily be downloaded and installed onto smartphones, consumers can quickly access the app to browse products or services on your website. This increases your business’ visibility and accessibility.
- Support personalization. Based on customer data and use analyses, businesses can customize and personalize their app’s content and engagement to match the needs and interests of their individual customers.
- Use push notifications. Apps send push notifications to users, reminding them of special offers, discounts, or new products. These efforts keep the brand on customers' minds and increase the likelihood of repeat purchases.
- Add social sharing. Most mobile apps include social sharing features, allowing customers to share content from the app with their friends and followers. Search engine optimization (SEO) and social media sharing increase brand reach and awareness.
- Include user-generated content. Through apps, users can create content, such as reviews, ratings, and photos. These interactions build a community around the brand, which increases brand awareness through word-of-mouth.
- Highlight branding elements. Mobile apps can include branding elements, from images and colors to font size and shapes, to reinforce the brand’s image and uniqueness.
Small businesses should invest in mobile apps to engage more customers, promote sales, and boost customer retention.
Apps are an excellent marketing investment, because they increase visibility and brand awareness. By partnering with an expert mobile app development agency in Chicago, you will be ready to best the competition with your personalized business app.
Learn more about the ways that mobile apps can promote a small business. Call Digital Authority Partners for expert advice.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here