Want To Revive Your Business? Build a Topnotch Website!
Whether your business struggles to keep up with the competition or is still reeling from the pandemic’s effects, you can revive it with a top-notch website. A Chicago web development agency applies many strategies to make it happen.
This article explains five:
- Build a site that follows UX design principles.
- Optimize the website for search engines and mobile devices.
- Complement the site with authoritative, helpful content.
- Make it more immersive.
- Create a seamless user experience across different channels.
Rev up the business again by learning how to execute all these techniques. Let’s go!!
To learn how Digital Authority Partners can create a standout website for you, watch this video!
1. Build a Site That Follows the UX Design Principles
Treat your website like a book. First, the page should be visually appealing and uncomplicated to look at. Second, as the user visits the pages, the journey should be straightforward and logical.
User experience (UX) design principles help you accomplish that.
UX design creates engaging and intuitive interactions between users and digital products. It is a strategic approach to design that focuses squarely on the user — their needs, wants, and preferences — at every step in the design process.
Understanding their behaviors and motivations then creates interfaces that:
- feel natural and intuitive,
- make tasks easier to complete,
- are aesthetically pleasing and engaging,
- include other users, such as people with disabilities and limited Internet access,
- remain consistent across platforms to improve brand recognition and use, and
- help users complete tasks efficiently, such as shopping or subscribing to a mailing list.
Refer to the table below to learn more about these principles and strategies for applying them.
|UX Design Principles||Implementations|
|Consistency||Develop a design system and maintain consistency in design elements, colors, typography, and layout.|
|Simplicity||Use clear and concise language, a visual hierarchy, minimal design elements, and avoid cluttered screens.|
|Accessibility||Ensure the interface meets accessibility guidelines and provides alternative text, captions, and keyboard navigation.|
|User-centered design||Conduct user research, develop personas, and use feedback to improve the design.|
|Feedback||Apply visual cues, animations, and micro-interactions to provide feedback and affordance|
|Speed and performance||Optimize images, reduce file sizes, and use caching and content delivery networks (CDNs).|
|Flexibility and scalability||Use modular design and scalable components to allow for easy updates and changes.|
2. Optimize the Website for Search Engines and Mobile Devices
Consider these questions: How often do you search for something on your mobile phone or tablet? How often do you click on a website that does not appear on the first page of Google results?
Your business might be missing out on a large number of website visitors because you fail to optimize it for two places where they are: mobile devices and search engines.
Any expert Chicago web development agency is updated on these trends and adapts them to their designs. If it is a digital marketing firm, your web development team works closely with the search engine optimization (SEO) and content marketing departments to implement the best practices.
These can include:
- conducting keyword research (preferably user intent-based),
- creating a single website version for both desktops and mobile devices,
- using structured data to enhance search engine visibility, especially in featured snippets and local map packs,
- enhancing meta tags, including title tags and meta descriptions, for each page on the website,
- monitoring website analytics to track traffic, engagement, and search engine rankings.
3. Complement the Site with Authoritative, Helpful Content
What is a website without content? Essentially, it is a blank page that does not tell much about your business and does nothing to improve its online presence. However, cookie-cutter, poorly-written articles will also not yield the desired results.
To truly boost your business now, develop authoritative, helpful content. It means:
- Provide your customers with the information they seek.
- Break down long and difficult subjects using topic clusters.
- Craft titles and headlines that capture their attention.
- Include topics in the articles related to user queries.
- Add a clear, persuasive call to action.
- Support your claims with citations, statistics, and evidence.
- Explain complicated, abstract concepts in simple language.
- Update old content with new, relevant facts.
- Diversify your content based on the customer journey (e.g., blogs for those seeking information or white papers for leads in the consideration stage).
Google has released its helpful-content guidelines to assess if your content is valuable to users and search-engine-friendly.
4. Make It More Immersive
Want to be better than your rivals? Build a better website than theirs, beginning with making it more immersive. In other words,
- Does your site allow your audience to experience your brand story?
- Does it encourage them to stay longer and explore other pages?
- Is it engaging enough that they want to share the experience with others?
- Are you using the right technology to deliver the best interaction and experience?
Designing an immersive website involves combining innovations and technologies to create a visually appealing, interactive, and media-rich environment. These include:
- augmented- and virtual-reality technology,
- interactive images with embedded content,
- 3D graphics and animations,
- user-friendly video content with subtitles,
- branded illustrations, photos, and graphics,
- parallax scrolling to create an illusion of depth,
- animated elements like hover effects,
- sound or music.
5. Create a Seamless User Experience Across Different Channels
More people shop online, but this is only part of the story. A growing number buy online and pick up in-store. Others skip websites altogether and purchase products or services via social media or an app.
Any problem or barrier a customer encounters in these channels can ruin their entire experience, resulting in high bounce and abandonment rates. Plus, it can damage your brand's reputation. After all, these issues might suggest you do not care enough about your customers to know what they need.
A Chicago web development agency customizes the omnichannel experience based on your target market and business goals. However, the steps usually involve the following:
- Use a unified customer database to track shopping behavior across all channels.
- Implement an omnichannel inventory management system.
- Offer consistent pricing and promotions.
- Create an integrated checkout process (e.g., allowing customers to save and access their cart from multiple devices).
- Add multiple payment options.
- Provide consistent customer support.
- Track and analyze customer behavior to continuously improve their user experience.
A well-designed and optimized website can breathe new life into a struggling business. These tips mostly cover design and optimization to get you back on track.
However, you need more to stay ahead and compete more aggressively. Digital Authority Partners is Chicago’s go-to web development agency with extensive experience and expertise in marketing strategy, responsive design, and content optimization. Contact us now to learn how we can help overhaul your website.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here