How Technical SEO Brings Benefits to San Diego Businesses
Are you a business wanting to attract the California market? A San Diego technical SEO agency can help you in many ways.
This article highlights three aspects of one of the most underrated digital marketing tactics: technical SEO. By optimizing your local pages behind the scenes, you can:
- Maximize your brand’s visibility in search results
- Boost user experience and customer retention
- Increase your credibility and perceived expertise
If you want to know more about these benefits, let’s go!
Watch this video to learn how Digital Authority Partners tackles Technical SEO!
1. Maximize Your Brand’s Visibility in the Search Results
Can you get traffic outside of search engines? Yes. Case in point: social media.
But almost everyone who uses the Internet hops to Google or Bing to look for information, including information about your niche or brand.
So before you can convert, you must bring in leads by ensuring your website appears on the search engine results pages (SERPs). This is where technical SEO comes in.
This optimization strategy improves your crawlability and indexability. We have covered these concepts. But as a refresher, here is how both (and search engines) work:
- Search engines are like massive online libraries looking for materials to present users.
- To do that, they send out spiders, crawlers, or bots. These “critters” scour the Internet for web pages to index and save in their databases.
- When they land on your page, they retrieve its content, code, structure, and other information.
- Search engines then add these pages to their databases or servers in a process called indexing.
- However, they do not just store these haphazardly. They organize pages under various topics or keywords.
- When someone searches for something, the search engine looks for pages related to the query in its database. It then shows these to searchers in the form of SERPs.
The best technical SEO practices for San Diego businesses polish up all the factors influencing crawlability and indexability. For example, they
- Improve the loading speed of your pages and optimize images.
- Remove any broken links such as 404s, redirects, and duplicate content
- Tell spiders how your website is relevant to your chosen keywords through XML sitemaps
- Create a schema markup to give search engines an idea about the content and even trigger rich snippets
With technical SEO, crawlers can find your site, and search engines can index the pages.
2. Ensure that Your Website Is Mobile-Friendly
The increase in the number of people relying on smartphones for almost everything is unrelenting. By 2040, at least 360 million Americans are expected to be mobile device users.
The consumer shift from desktops to these nifty portable devices is so significant that Google introduced mobile-first indexing in 2019. This gigantic search engine now gives priority to pages with better mobile components for indexing and ranking.
How can a San Diego technical SEO agency help in this area? It can:
- Optimize your website for speedy loading and scrolling
- Make sure that all content, images, and other elements are responsive to the device’s screen
- Determine compatibility issues with mobile browsers
- Trim your pages for efficient loading on mobile
- Validate HTML codes and meta tags
- Perform mobile-friendliness tests to identify errors and get recommendations on how to improve the site
- Maintain only one website for both desktop and mobile
These San Diego firms also help you succeed in enhancing your local SEO efforts with Core Web Vitals. This is a set of components that measures your local pages’ loading performance, interactivity, and visual stability.
These factors help you understand how your pages appear and interact with your leads. This way, you and your team can develop ways to refine the user experience.
3. Increase Your Credibility and Perceived Expertise
Online reviews are a double-edged sword for your brand. One study suggests that they might increase sales. This is because they make your business more relatable and authentic.
However, excessive bad feedback also plants doubt in people’s minds, worsening their distrust.
Although you cannot avoid user complaints, you can minimize them by hiring a San Diego firm specializing in technical SEO. You can use this strategy to boost your credibility and showcase your expertise.
It accomplishes this in two ways:
- Make users feel more secure when accessing your website
- Create a positive, engaging, and even memorable user experience.
Let us start with the first.
One of the factors in technical SEO is security. More specifically, best practices for technical SEO strongly encourage you to shift from HTTP to HTTPS.
Although they may sound alike, HTTPS means that all data transferred through your site is encrypted. It prevents or significantly reduces cybercriminals' ability to steal and manipulate sensitive information. Overall, this change makes browsing safer for everyone.
Security is such a valuable site characteristic that search engines, especially Google, now consider it a ranking factor. In other words, it affects where your site appears in the search results.
Technical SEO also builds an ideal user experience. For instance, it checks your internal linking structure or strategy to guarantee that your leads can get the information they need at any time. This way, you can answer these questions:
- Are all your links accessible?
- Do you have broken, outdated, or missing URLs?
- Can crawlers follow the links? Are you running a no-follow attribute?
- If you are using redirects, are they bringing users to the correct pages?
- Do you offer unique data on every local page, or do you have duplicate content? ?
Technical SEO benefits businesses in more ways than one, and this article proves that. This is especially true if you are among the San Diego companies wanting to get the most out of optimization, online search, and digital marketing.
With the tools available today, knowing what is happening to your website behind the scenes is easier and faster than ever. However, if you want to make the most of this strategy, you need professionals.
Digital Authority Partners (DAP) is a San Diego-based technical SEO agency that does more than fix link errors. We perform audits and analyses, and create a holistic optimization plan. To learn more about what we do, contact us today.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here