Why Technical SEO Matters to Business; How To Capitalize It
If your business wants to scale and compete with the giants, you need a Chicago technical SEO agency as your partner. This article tells you why.
Today you will learn:
- Three reasons technical optimization matters for companies
- Solid strategies to maximize it for growth and competitiveness
Read the article below if you are ready to learn all this. Let’s go!
Watch this video to learn how Digital Authority Partners tackles Technical SEO!
What Are the Benefits of Technical SEO for Businesses?
The benefits of technical SEO are massive and significant. It fixes errors and issues that prevent you from ranking, avoids duplicate content, and enhances the site structure for easy navigation by humans and search engine crawlers.
With good technical optimization, you can secure your website and ensure other strategies, such as on-page and off-page, work well.
But what do these mean from a business standpoint? As you dig deeper, you realize that technical SEO can:
1. Maximize Your SEO Budget
Although search engines provide organic or free traffic, doing the work requires money. Usually, businesses spend $5,000 a month to retain SEO services.
If you want to add paid advertising and social media, you should allocate at least 5% of your total budget for marketing.
In short, this is not a cheap proposition. However, you cannot ignore optimization if you want your sites to appear in search results. You can manage your spending so that it is allocated to best effect. This is where technical SEO is helpful because it:
- reduces your reliance on paid advertising in the long term;
- helps you broaden your market reach by ensuring your pages are accessible on mobile devices and desktops;
- improves the performance of other optimization techniques;
- speeds up websites, thus helping to decrease bounce rates;
- creates more opportunities for conversions through better UX.
2. Get New Leads and Retain Customers
Can you get leads and retain customers outside of the search results? Yes. Social media can help you with that. However, search engines still deliver the highest traffic, so you should be visible here.
That is not all. After the initial contact with your pages, your leads should remain engaged. This way, you can have more opportunities to bring them deeper into the sales funnel until they are ready to purchase.
You can use technical SEO for lead generation and management in the following ways:
- Create a pleasurable UX through optimized server response times and mobile-friendly interfaces.
- Ensure your website is crawlable and indexable.
- Optimize the internal link structure for easy navigation of your pages.
- Use structured data to help search engines understand your content and match your pages with your targeted keywords and user intent.
3. Beat Your Competition
Do you know that you can use technical SEO to smash the competition? In the world of search optimization, it is not enough that Google or Bing index your pages. They should appear on the first page of search results for any search engine.
To be the very best, your landing pages must be
- In the first position on the first page
- A featured snippet
- Part of a knowledge panel
- In the local map pack
These are prominent locations, so they often receive the highest click-through rate (CTR) and traffic. Most of all, they suggest your content is trustworthy and deserves these positions.
It takes a comprehensive digital marketing approach to land these spots, but a Chicago technical SEO agency contributes by:
- Maintaining an authoritative domain name and backlink profile
- Creating unique title tags and meta descriptions
- Using accelerated mobile pages (AMPs) for quick-loading mobile pages
- Implementing schema markup for better content visibility
- Performing link analysis to remove broken links and use redirects wisely
- Maximizing analytics and technical audits to identify optimization weaknesses or missed opportunities among your competitors
Strategies To Use Technical SEO as a Business Advantage
Now that you know that technical optimization offers business advantages, the next question is: how do you start? To help you out, here are some strategies that you should remember:
- Perform technical assessments regularly. Schedule audits at least once every quarter or each month, especially if search engines have rolled out new algorithms or you have significantly refined your SEO plan .
- Research and implement structured data. Structured content can help your page appear in rich snippets or knowledge panels. You can use these codes to help you.
- Optimize for mobile devices. More people access the Internet through mobile devices than desktops. So make sure your website is responsive or use AMPs to reduce loading times and improve the user experience on smaller screens.
- See to it that analytics tools are installed properly. You will have difficulty tracking your progress if you do not have Google Analytics and Search Console set up. The same goes for other third-party software that could help you monitor website performance and search visibility.
- Align technical SEO with your overall business goals and plans. Technical optimization should always be part of a broader digital marketing strategy. It must complement other channels, such as content marketing, local SEO, and social media, for better returns.
- Go beyond technical metrics. Knowing your bounce rate, average session durations, and CTRs is great. But how do they relate to the bottom line? Are they helping you reach your business objectives, or do they need adjustment?
- Use technology and innovation to improve efficiency. Automation, for example, can help you save time and money. Similarly, artificial intelligence (AI) tools can sift through data faster than manual processes.
- Keep up with new industry and search engine guidelines. How do search engines treat redirects? What counts as a secure website? Are there federal or state rules that demand compliance on your end? It pays to stay updated on SEO’s technical and legal aspects.
Technical SEO might seem like just another piece of expensive jargon. However, it is one of the most important components of your digital marketing campaign. The strategies outlined above are just some of the ways to use technical optimization to your advantage.
What you see here is only part of the equation. Digital Authority Partners (DAP), a Chicago technical SEO agency, can help you take a more holistic approach to optimization. We have the tools and expertise to align technical optimization with your other strategies and business goals. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn how we can help you succeed.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here