Technical vs Content SEO: How To Best Use Each for Profit
Businesses stand to profit a lot from the presence of their website alone, and that means search engine optimization (SEO) should be a top priority. It starts with creating good content, but it does not have to stop there. User experience on your website matters just as much in SEO.
Here is a look at how you can use SEO like a Chicago technical SEO agency pro to improve your visibility and, eventually, your profit:
- Know how SEO can boost your profits
- Keep users happy with technical SEO
- Deliver high-quality content with SEO
There’s a lot to discuss, so get ready to take notes.
Watch this video to learn how Digital Authority Partners tackles Technical SEO!
How To Use Technical and Content SEO To Increase Your Profits
As a business and website owner, you should know immediately that exposure matters in generating sales. After all, only a handful of every few thousand leads turn into paying customers. The point is that you need to drive a lot of website traffic to make any kind of profit.
You cannot skip out on two SEO strategies —technical and content SEO — because they allow you to maximize visibility on search engine results pages (SERPs). The more thoroughly you follow these strategies, the more traffic you draw. Here is a quick rundown of how they work:
- Search engines only show pages that their bots have crawled and indexed previously. Although these bots make every effort to find new pages, they struggle to discover any that are unlinked to other content pages across your website. Technical SEO can change that.
- Google, the largest online search service available, enforces strict quality guidelines to ensure searchers have an excellent user experience (UX). That means penalizing low-quality online content with dangerous misinformation that might harm users.
As you can see, good SEO is invaluable to keeping a business’s website running smoothly. To be frank, technical and content SEO should be integral to your website strategy instead of optional. You do not necessarily face penalties for ignoring them, but you do lose a lot of potential for not doing them.
It costs little, if anything, to do it yourself with the help of Chicago technical SEO agency tips and guides readily available online. If you hire an agency instead, starting with some basic services, such as web design and keyword research, you’ll find it more than worth the low cost.
Why Technical and Content SEO Specifically?
SEO has so many different types that you might wonder: Why technical and content SEO? Are on-page, off-page, and local SEO not important or useful for increasing profits? The answer is yes, they do help. But technical and content SEO are the ones you can influence the most easily.
Every content management system (CMS) today makes it extremely difficult to ignore SEO. For instance, the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress combines monitoring several on-page elements, such as keyword usage, and technical SEO elements, such as optimizing meta tags, in one tool. Yoast even lets you know which part of your content is not yet optimized as you create it.
Keep Users Happy With Technical SEO
Whereas on-page SEO deals with aspects of content creation as a whole and off-page SEO centers on marketing, the core elements of technical SEO cover matters on the backend. That includes meta tags and your website’s architecture, which help with crawling and indexing.
Technical SEO has many more elements, but the gist of it is that it focuses on ease of use and navigation as its vital functions. Websites that neglect it make their users struggle with searches. Here are three ways to apply technical SEO to increase visibility and, eventually, profits:
- An XML sitemap serves two key purposes for your website. First, submit it to search engines, along with a robots.txt file, to manage how bots crawl your website and index content. Second, upload it to your website for better navigation.
- Another main problem that technical SEO solves is website speed. Pages that take too long to load encourage bouncing, especially for users with a poor internet connection. You can keep your pages light and quick with some tweaks such as image and file optimization.
- Usability and accessibility adjustments also fall under technical SEO, meaning simple modifications, such as enabling speech recognition, can go a long way. The slow shift to hands-free usability means doing that now puts you ahead of competitors.
Deliver High-Quality Content With SEO
As the name suggests, content SEO shows how to optimize content for organic click-throughs. You would be surprised at how many on-page elements you can control that affect ranking on SERPs, and there could be more as Google develops and implements new SERP features.
People are paying a lot of attention to featured snippets, their many different types, and how businesses can use them to their advantage. Unfortunately, getting featured is impossible to guarantee, but you can improve your chances with these tips:
- Keywords are more or less inescapable in SEO because they permeate almost every aspect of it. Content SEO serves as your main subject and therefore has to appear in multiple instances throughout your articles and always within context.
- Images are highly valuable and extremely flexible pieces of content. They can stand alone as social media posts or add color to text-heavy pages. More than that, images allow you to put your content in context, which can help crawler bots index it properly.
- As mentioned, high-quality content is in high demand. Following Google’s experience, expertise, authority, and trustworthiness (E-E-A-T) guidelines are critical. In addition to improving content quality, E-E-A-T boosts UX as a great bonus effect.
SEO has many facets, but the two most basic ones you should know and use are technical and content SEO. Without them, your website will have difficulty gaining significant online traction. If you are unsure where to begin, start by getting helpful Chicago technical SEO agency tips.
Need help applying technical and content SEO for better profitability? Contact Digital Authority Partners to learn how we can help.
Want To Meet Our Expert Team?
Book a meeting directly here